Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

52 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No, I normally only comment on the United thread. I did have a little flurry on this thread after the Spurs trolls had been giving it large before the Spurs/United game.

You are forgiven for trolling the United thread, we expect as much from the noisy neighbours.

The problem is you don't seem to have anything worthwhile to say on either, be it positive or negative.

There are plenty of aspects to last nights team selection and performance that you could comment on and quite negatively too yet you simply get into a childlike conversation with that other cretin on why you feel the need to come on here and troll because you don't like our observations of your side unless they are positive.  Get a life or put me on ignore as i and many others have done with Bredbury Blue, its that easy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think we're going to get media flack for the side he put out.  he showed complete disinterest in the FA cup, borderline contempt really.

We're already without Dele, Kane and Son. So, he follows up by leaving out Eriksen, Toby and Sissoko!!  Didn't even play Lloris.

Saying that, even that side looked knackered, lackluster and there isn't a squad to my mind other than City that could challenge for four trophies so i make Poch right.  And lets face it, the media, in particular Sky and Talksport are always dogging us off anyway so why should we give a toss what they say.

Its the right move given the state of the squad available to him....less game every three days will help our league performances hugely.

Until we get better back up its clear we can't challenge for everything.....although our injury list has been particularly grim this last couple of months.

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

The problem is you don't seem to have anything worthwhile to say on either, be it positive or negative.

There are plenty of aspects to last nights team selection and performance that you could comment on and quite negatively too yet you simply get into a childlike conversation with that other cretin on why you feel the need to come on here and troll because you don't like our observations of your side unless they are positive.  Get a life or put me on ignore as i and many others have done with Bredbury Blue, its that easy.

I just shake my head carms as the pair of them have nothing to offer which is actually football related....just here to constantly troll.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Its the right move given the state of the squad available to him....less game every three days will help our league performances hugely.

Until we get better back up its clear we can't challenge for everything.....although our injury list has been particularly grim this last couple of months.

Yes absolutely right.  The squads decimated.

You remember us taking the p*ss out of Arsenal for making top four their priority!!!!!!!????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I just shake my head carms as the pair of them have nothing to offer which is actually football related....just here to constantly troll.

555 Pots and kettles. The only reason that I have ever posted on this thread is to illicit that response from you and carmine. Thanks. 

You really don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot, do you?

• Thanks 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes but we still have CL glory to chase.

Can we get any players back fit before the Dortmund first leg?  They are top of the league and have just had a mini break but of course the premier league clubs just keep playing more and more fixtures!  Doesn't help any of our chances in europe.

Ofcourse i didn't want to get knocked out of the FA cup but it was one competition too much to competitively compete in.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

555 Pots and kettles. The only reason that I have ever posted on this thread is to illicit that response from you and carmine. Thanks. 

Sorry,  but you don't have anything to offer.  Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Discuss football or toddle of to the Man Utd thread thanks.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Can we get any players back fit before the Dortmund first leg?  They are top of the league and have just had a mini break but of course the premier league clubs just keep playing more and more fixtures!  Doesn't help any of our chances in europe.

Ofcourse i didn't want to get knocked out of the FA cup but it was one competition too much to competitively compete in.

All bar Dele and Kane should be good....and always the chance Steptoe will open his chequebook!!

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Everything good late on seemed to go through Lamela and Moura just didn't look match fit for me...Skipp did well again and I can see him being a regular soon.

Yes Oliver Skipp has stepped up quite seamlessly to this league level. He represents the future for Spurs. Luke Amos will be back next too season after the cruciate injury.

I'll say now in complete confidence that we'll have at least six academy lads playing next season.  I still don't like the way Walker-Peters is being so underused but he must have been given assurances to have signed a new long term contract.  Sterling will probably be Kane's back up and we'll have to keep a close eye on Troy Parrott's development. He's definitely one for the future.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes Oliver Skipp has stepped up quite seamlessly to this league level. He represents the future for Spurs. Luke Amos will be back next too season after the cruciate injury.

I'll say now in complete confidence that we'll have at least six academy lads playing next season.  I still don't like the way Walker-Peters is being so underused but he must have been given assurances to have signed a new long term contract.  Sterling will probably be Kane's back up and we'll have to keep a close eye on Troy Parrott's development. He's definitely one for the future.

Yes the future looks very good indeed.

The way Skipp handles the pressure is fantastic...its clear there is expectation throughout our youth setup and that is a wonderful thing to have in the club.

11 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes the future looks very good indeed.

The way Skipp handles the pressure is fantastic...its clear there is expectation throughout our youth setup and that is a wonderful thing to have in the club.

We have been saying it on here for years, that the moment the club invested in a new academy the decision on our way forward was clear. When it opened many journalists said it was the best in the country, some the best in europe.  Its taken a few years and now they are starting to roll off the conveyor belt.  What isn't to be respected in that?  it seems its only respected as long as you are still the whipping boys of the other big clubs.   I get it that some other fans don't like it that we are regularly matching them but without spending but thats their problem and they have to deal with their own hang ups.

Oliver Holt wrote a very complimentary piece on us just yesterday.  Theres a few on here that should read it and stop talking the nonsense they do.  I get the distinct impression they quite loathe it every time one of our academy players comes through and it simply deepens their feeling inadequacy which is brought on by chequebook management.  I wish they would just grow a pair and deal with their issues rather than bleating out the same old b*llocks.

Edited by carmine
  • Haha 1

Haven't read any of the previous posts so might be repeating what has already been said. Anyway, i'm livid, ok we have a few injuries to key players but Poch didn't have to play such a weakened team and as soon as i see the team i knew we were going to struggle, one trophy we have a realistic chance of winning and he Farks it, play Eriksen, Lamela, Rose, Winks and rest them in midweek after all the Watford game isn't a must win where as yesterdays game was in my book.Strangely enough i thought we might struggle against Zaha and Townsend but they really didn't give us any problems and in Foyth i think we have found a great replacement for Alderweireld.

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

We have been saying it on here for years, that the moment the club invested in a new academy the decision on our way forward was clear. When it opened many journalists said it was the best in the country, some the best in europe.  Its taken a few years and now they are starting to roll off the conveyor belt.  What isn't to be respected in that?  it seems its only respected as long as you are still the whipping boys of the other big clubs.   I get it that some other fans don't like it that we are regularly matching them but without spending but thats their problem and they have to deal with their own hang ups.

Oliver Holt wrote a very complimentary piece on us just yesterday.  Theres a few on here that should read it and stop talking the nonsense they do.  I get the distinct impression they quite loathe it every time one of our academy players comes through and it simply deepens their feeling inadequacy which is brought on by chequebook management.  I wish they would just grow a pair and deal with their issues rather than bleating out the same old b*llocks.

Yeah we all quite loath it.

Remind us, who are all these academy players you are referring to?

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Haven't read any of the previous posts so might be repeating what has already been said. Anyway, i'm livid, ok we have a few injuries to key players but Poch didn't have to play such a weakened team and as soon as i see the team i knew we were going to struggle, one trophy we have a realistic chance of winning and he Farks it, play Eriksen, Lamela, Rose, Winks and rest them in midweek after all the Watford game isn't a must win where as yesterdays game was in my book.Strangely enough i thought we might struggle against Zaha and Townsend but they really didn't give us any problems and in Foyth i think we have found a great replacement for Alderweireld.

I have already posted relating to the selection.  I kind of agree with you and then again i don't.

His selection was in disrespect to the competition.  No doubt.  However we are crippled with key injuries, bigger games approaching and with a priority to top four and the CL.  Palace must have looked al our team sheet and thought we were taking the p*ss out of them and the FA cup!!

Maybe we just shouldn't have turned up and given Palace a pass!!????

8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yeah we all quite loath it.

Remind us, who are all these academy players you are referring to?

Well judging by Foden being a regular quite a few ????  incidentally you constantly ask this question ( do you have alzeimers ? ) and one of us answers so best you go back and have a look at previous posts.

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Haha yes carms....Foden. :guitar:

In fairness Foden does play at times and is a great prospect.  But its not much of a list is it

I think it what really deepens the inadequacies and builds the "chip on the shoulder" posts of the ones i'm talking about is, the current crop that already contains, Kane, Winks, Skipp, Walker-Peters, Amos and of course Sterling has now made a couple of appearances too that will become more regular.

I won't go on to talk about our academy players that are playing in the league for other clubs or it really will upset them!!

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Well judging by Foden being a regular quite a few ????  incidentally you constantly ask this question ( do you have alzeimers ? ) and one of us answers so best you go back and have a look at previous posts.

Oh bless he did come out and say something really stupid again......thats three morning in a row now.  Anyway, i've already penned a list for they poster that clearly has the memory span of a goldfish!!!  ????

Alfie, can't you just feel the deeply rooted inadequacies of his posting on the subject. Judging by the lack of knowledge i can only presume he doesn't watch any of our games!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The manager and Best players are all Ready to abandon Spurs at the end of the season and the stadium still might not be ready

Yeah were told this every year........still waiting for it to happen.....

I’m a big fan of Poch and what he has done at his disposal shows his class but yesterday I think he got it wrong despite prioritising a top 4 position. 

Even despite your injury situation to make 7 changes to a side that lost 4 days earlier was pretty much giving up on any chance of Silverware this year. By not even having Eriksen on the bench, and it doesnt appear he is injured, just rested and with Watford, Leicester and Newcastle your next three games seemed an odd decision. It was a game in the balance and introducing someone of his quality could of changed the game. It was clearly winnable. 

Maybe he was trying to send a message upstairs in a weakened version of what Mourinho was doing that he needs more players and at a minimum should spend the money they got for Dembele to freshen things up. 

Listenong to the Radio 5 phone in after the game there was a mixed reaction to his decisions with some growing frustrations of being knocked out of 2 competitions in 4 days with some saying they would rather win a trophy than worry about a top 4 finish. One fan for 39 years stating that Poch should go as he has taken them as far as he can and he is a “loser” and you need a winning manager. A bit extreme but there does seems to be a growing divide among the supporters with some losing patience as to which direction the club should be going and what the priorities should be. 

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m a big fan of Poch and what he has done at his disposal shows his class but yesterday I think he got it wrong despite prioritising a top 4 position. 

Even despite your injury situation to make 7 changes to a side that lost 4 days earlier was pretty much giving up on any chance of Silverware this year. By not even having Eriksen on the bench, and it doesnt appear he is injured, just rested and with Watford, Leicester and Newcastle your next three games seemed an odd decision. It was a game in the balance and introducing someone of his quality could of changed the game. It was clearly winnable. 

Maybe he was trying to send a message upstairs in a weakened version of what Mourinho was doing that he needs more players and at a minimum should spend the money they got for Dembele to freshen things up. 

Listenong to the Radio 5 phone in after the game there was a mixed reaction to his decisions with some growing frustrations of being knocked out of 2 competitions in 4 days with some saying they would rather win a trophy than worry about a top 4 finish. One fan for 39 years stating that Poch should go as he has taken them as far as he can and he is a “loser” and you need a winning manager. A bit extreme but there does seems to be a growing divide among the supporters with some losing patience as to which direction the club should be going and what the priorities should be. 

Those demanding a trophy and Poch sacking will no doubt be the fair weather fans.

We're all very happy here in spite of a couple of defeats.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Have to disagree....the players we put out should have won that game and Llorente needs replacing as he is simply a shadow of the player he used to be.

The next three home games will shape our season and nine pts from them would be very handy indeed.

Risking injury through fatigue to our best available players in the FA Cup would have been folly.

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It's not more players we need it's less injuries and we can't just go out and replace them short term as A. it isn't cost effective B. you can only register 25 players.

Well 10m isn't going freshen anything up !! 

To be fair some fans such as this one have very short memories, he must have seen enough lean years where we have struggled to even get in the top 8 and had some real crap players and he should be appreciating what Poch has done with little resources. 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1