Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

This is getting embarrassing now.

Julen Lopetegui rejected a ‘dizzying’ offer to become Tottenham’s new manager, says Sevilla president Jose Castro.

Spurs have held unsuccessful talks with Antonio Conte, Paulo Fonseca and Gennaro Gattuso in recent weeks as their search for a permanent successor to Jose Mourinho goes on.

Full story:-

Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui rejects ‘dizzying’ offer to become Tottenham’s new manager as search for permanent Jose Mourinho replacement continues (talksport.com)

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

This is getting embarrassing now.

Julen Lopetegui rejected a ‘dizzying’ offer to become Tottenham’s new manager, says Sevilla president Jose Castro.

Spurs have held unsuccessful talks with Antonio Conte, Paulo Fonseca and Gennaro Gattuso in recent weeks as their search for a permanent successor to Jose Mourinho goes on.

Full story:-

Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui rejects ‘dizzying’ offer to become Tottenham’s new manager as search for permanent Jose Mourinho replacement continues (talksport.com)

So the Sevilla president has put out something to make him and his club look good, and you are going to believe it? 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So the Sevilla president has put out something to make him and his club look good, and you are going to believe it? 

Did you read the link? It was Lopetegui who told the president. Why would the manager make it up. If it was false he would be shot down by Levy. Have you seen anything from Levy to deny the claim?

Oh hang on. I remember now the type of reporting you believe. You're that Der Spiegel supporter aren't you ????

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Did you read the link? It was Lopetegui who told the president. Why would the manager make it up. If it was false he would be shot down by Levy. Have you seen anything from Levy to deny the claim?

Oh hang on. I remember now the type of reporting you believe. You're that Der Spiegel supporter aren't you ????

OK so let's take his word for it. 

Is it really so embarrassing for Spurs? I'd rather my team try to hire the best managers in the world and get a few knockbacks than settle for a mediocre manager.

It's a great opportunity. Proper club with proper history, great ground, and an easier fanbase to deal with than say Arsenal IMO. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Did you see Forran Torres goal last night for Spain? Beauty. We should stick with him and bring him through

Bernardo Silva had a great game for Portugal as well along with Renata Sanches. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Bernardo Silva had a great game for Portugal as well along with Renata Sanches. 

I liked Renato Sanches too. He has stopped trying to dribble past all the opposition and seems to have matured and become much more of a team player. Winning the French title with Lille must be good for his confidence as well.

Just now, champers said:

I liked Renato Sanches too. He has stopped trying to dribble past all the opposition and seems to have matured and become much more of a team player. Winning the French title with Lille must be good for his confidence as well.

I never recognised him at first as the lad who was at Swansea. 
What a difference. Looked a class act last night. Run the show in the middle. 

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Mater et Pater Espirito Sante.

There I was considering spending £1500 on a season ticket when I received a message from God.

Saved me a packet...what a cool fella.

I wouldn't be too down about it. He did some good things at Wolves and has an attacking brand of football.

Better than Benitez surely?

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Attacking??? Out of the non-relegated teams, only Burnley scored less than Wolves last year.

It was a bad season. Overall you have to say he did a good job there though. Didn't help that they lost Jota and Jiminez got injured.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Overall you have to say he did a good job there though

I quite like him as a manager but I've always played my FPL defenders when Wolves were the opposition. Their new guy is supposed to be more attack minded.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It was a bad season. Overall you have to say he did a good job there though. Didn't help that they lost Jota and Jiminez got injured.

Selling Jota was a big mistake I always thought

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

I quite like him as a manager but I've always played my FPL defenders when Wolves were the opposition. Their new guy is supposed to be more attack minded.

Who knows if Jimenez will be the same player after his injury. He looked absolutely class, they could have brought him to Spurs to replace Kane. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Who knows if Jimenez will be the same player after his injury. He looked absolutely class, they could have brought him to Spurs to replace Kane. 

With Nuno there they still might if he's fit.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Mater et Pater Espirito Sante.

There I was considering spending £1500 on a season ticket when I received a message from God.

Saved me a packet...what a cool fella.

Agreed. I definitely wouldn't call this a step up in managerial appointments. I'm sure Levy was aiming for a more high profile manager.

It's a bit like going out all dressed up to the nines to go to a swanky restaurant, only to find out your booking was cancelled so you settle for a takeaway kebab on the way home

• Like 1