Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

On 8/2/2021 at 6:32 PM, RickG16 said:

That's very much the exception to the rule, and I don't recall Campbell being captain. Is Kane really desperate for a lifetime of stick, when he has plenty of other clubs interested in him?

I stand corrected @champers just realised Hugo Lloris is captain

1 minute ago, champers said:

Kane is England captain; going on strike is not really acceptable, for me, for someone in that position.

Same. I’m surprised. Just goes to show at he end of the day he has no morals 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Same. I’m surprised. Just goes to show at he end of the day he has no morals 

I don't think a player should ever go on strike when he happily signed the contract in the first place. I do however, think there maybe some back story to this which will come out later. No doubt it will be something along the lines of Levy going back on his word. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't think a player should ever go on strike when he happily signed the contract in the first place. I do however, think there maybe some back story to this which will come out later. No doubt it will be something along the lines of Levy going back on his word. 

Yeah it does seem like it could be a Messi situation.... No pun intended.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Let's talk about Kane now he's issued a statement saying he's back as agreed tomorrow.

No missed training or any other bs.

Off you trot Sky Sports blah blah.

Mmmm. He kept absolute radio silence all week knowing of the speculation to then say that. I smell a rat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Mmmm. He kept absolute radio silence all week knowing of the speculation to then say that. I smell a rat

Typical northern  clowns....shopping at Fortnum & Mason with an Aldi budget.

Enjoy some brown sauce on yer Grealish and chips.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

Bryan Gil on as sub for Spain in the Olympic final. Spurs fans might have to wait a while to see him in the lillywhite shirt.

That kid has been all over the pitch. He'll be a joy to watch in the EPL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Lautaro Martinez on the way as well? Levy is spending that Kane money already.

Be a test for the guy I trust. He says Spurs have bid for him and are v keen......but that Inter will not let him go. If he's right then they'll be looking elsewhere soon????

22 minutes ago, wilai said:

City apparently preparing a 150m euro bid plus possible addons for Kane. This from a team whose manager said they couldn't afford to pay big money this summer for a striker. ????

Thanks for the news Dharmesh. Saying you can't afford to pay big money is a pretty good negotiation tactic I would have thought. Rather than waving your bank balance around. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Maybe not, but it's certainly better than stating you have a lorry load of dough to spend on a striker this summer.

I agree, it's better than saying you're flush. Sure do hope we don't pay it though. Happy we got Grealish, I think he'll be a good addition but not happy with the fee we paid and I certainly don't want to us pay the "reported" amount for Kane

• Like 1