Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

how the  ,bahsj ,, city didnt score..I'll never know on another day they could and arguably should have got 2 .... 3... maybe four

great save by hugo for the pen however 2 me it should have been a straight red  after ...poor decision by hugo to go chasin out... and he missed the ball and caught Sterling'... but on the on the other hand.. sterlings tackle on ali...it bent alli'leg ../ ankle  by rights it should have broken .. and sterling 100% should have seen a red... as should have fernandinho  for the chop ax was it our new boy ? 

Still trying to work out how we lost that and against ManU; very similar games. Degea and your goalie have to take the credit, but there was some shockingly wasteful play by us, woodwork, and yet another awful penalty (so easy to read Gundogs intentions).

I didn't think any of the incidents you refer to warranted a red, an orange maybe - you forgot to add Lecelso chop from behind on Walker. Zinchenko was a silly boy and should have learnt from Magic the other night.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Can't believe we didn't get a striker in TFW .Also a defensive , holding midfielder , instead of 2 attacking midfielders . We already have lots of good AMFs .... Son , Ali , Lo Celso , Lamela , Moura and Sessegnon ( yes , Sessegnon , he's been played out of position so far ) . Lucky last night , but it was our turn for some . Hope Bergwijn continues that form , but not holding my breath .

On 2/3/2020 at 12:18 PM, gimo said:

Can't believe we didn't get a striker in TFW .Also a defensive , holding midfielder , instead of 2 attacking midfielders . We already have lots of good AMFs .... Son , Ali , Lo Celso , Lamela , Moura and Sessegnon ( yes , Sessegnon , he's been played out of position so far ) . Lucky last night , but it was our turn for some . Hope Bergwijn continues that form , but not holding my breath .

the striker situ's difficult...  can u imagine.'yeah we want to sign you  of coarse .. answer  ' great'  so what happens when kane returns?   HONEST  answer  'you'll be on the bench...   3 months later big signing loses his international spot  .....

no striker worth his salt will come to spurs  atm knowing that he'll be on the bench in the the foreseeable  ... the only way is to a 'man city' and pay them so much money they cant say no...and as you must know that ain't our way.. tbh

I'm a little disappointed that mori hasnt given parrot some more time   tho He has had his bac to the wall in terms of turning things around and getting results   maybe not the time to blood youngsters?

an alternative might be a 'quality' slighty ott journeyman?  we had one in llorente.. I always thought poch messed up with him  he was horribly rusty when he last took over from harry . at his age 'rust' sets in v vquickly he needed playin time... even if it was 25 mins every other game   poch didnt do it and really showed when he came bac

but hey 5 th and within spitting distance of 4 th   and when hari returns... no doubts with the attacking force we have .. we'll be a real threat...  tbh I'm more concerned with our stuttering CDefence  Sanchez just keeps messing up and as much as toby tries he cant cover for him... he needs a reliable  partner... as for verity... same goes.. he Constantly  gets caught out of position  and until recently toby has been able to cover for him.. Toby's lost a yard and cant do it to the degree he has done ..imo hence him being on the bench.. perhaps Sanchez can eradicate the stupidity in his game    but it's been a constant since he joined us ... but we live in hope..

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

38 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

the striker situ's difficult...  can u imagine.'yeah we want to sign you  of coarse .. answer  ' great'  so what happens when kane returns?   HONEST  answer  'you'll be on the bench...   3 months later big signing loses his international spot  .....

no striker worth his salt will come to spurs  atm knowing that he'll be on the bench in the the foreseeable  ... the only way is to a 'man city' and pay them so much money they cant say no...and as you must know that ain't our way.. tbh

I'm a little disappointed that mori hasnt given parrot some more time   tho He has had his bac to the wall in terms of turning things around and getting results   maybe not the time to blood youngsters?

an alternative might be a 'quality' slighty ott journeyman?  we had one in llorente.. I always thought poch messed up with him  he was horribly rusty when he last took over from harry . at his age 'rust' sets in v vquickly he needed playin time... even if it was 25 mins every other game   poch didnt do it and really showed when he came bac

but hey 5 th and within spitting distance of 4 th   and when hari returns... no doubts with the attacking force we have .. we'll be a real threat...  tbh I'm more concerned with our stuttering CDefence  Sanchez just keeps messing up and as much as toby tries he cant cover for him... he needs a reliable  partner... as for verity... same goes.. he Constantly  gets caught out of position  and until recently toby has been able to cover for him.. Toby's lost a yard and cant do it to the degree he has done ..imo hence him being on the bench.. perhaps Sanchez can eradicate the stupidity in his game    but it's been a constant since he joined us ... but we live in hope..

Re the Striker . Harry has , and probably will continue to , get injured regularly , so any new striker would expect to have a reasonable amount of full games up front by himself . He'd have been guaranteed at least 2 months of starts if he had signed in January . If the new striker was good enough , Mori might have started with 2 up front when Harry came back .  Another obvious alternative would have been to get someone who can play attacking midfielder  and no 9 . Giroud ?? I think Sanchez's good points ( pace , scrambling tackles ) outweigh his bad ones and should be kept as bench cover for Vert and Toby . Aurrier's mistakes are of more concern to me . We need a defensive , holding midfielder in the same mold as Dier but faster and better. 

It was a good game, but we didn't really play up to our best, it was a bit lucky for us to win  when you look at the stats.  Bergwijns goal was amazing, but too early to tell if he will continue his form. Anyway he is not available for the FA cup tomorrow. 

We need our best available team tomorrow, I am sure Mourinho understand it's our only chance to win anything this season. 

12 hours ago, gimo said:

Re the Striker . Harry has , and probably will continue to , get injured regularly , so any new striker would expect to have a reasonable amount of full games up front by himself . He'd have been guaranteed at least 2 months of starts if he had signed in January . If the new striker was good enough , Mori might have started with 2 up front when Harry came back .  Another obvious alternative would have been to get someone who can play attacking midfielder  and no 9 . Giroud ?? I think Sanchez's good points ( pace , scrambling tackles ) outweigh his bad ones and should be kept as bench cover for Vert and Toby . Aurrier's mistakes are of more concern to me . We need a defensive , holding midfielder in the same mold as Dier but faster and better. 

maybe kane will continue to get injured BUT your asking presumably a decent, striker to put his career on the line... likely ? ... would you?

someone like  maybe Deeney ? would do a job and maybe  it would put them in the England frame   agreed bout aurier.. he continually messes up and I take ure point bout Sanchez. v pacy and strong and decent in the tackle .. BUT his concentration lapses seemingly IN

EVERY game WILL start costing us

as for a holder.. no need for pace though it wouldnt go amiss..   just v v good distribution, got the impress poch signed ndombele with the intention of doing a holders role... could well be wrong bout that one tho... shame bout dier.. such sloppy passing  in every game ,  he' suffered with longish time injuries so game time might help... he's still young enuf to be able to get it together...pretty sure mori is a fan there were strong rumors of him wanting him at utd... but time will tell.

Edited by wilai
profanity amended

1~1 @half time the score being even Steven's.. the play is far from it we do look threatening  going forward but overall they are FAR  better than us. running through the midfield at will and constantly exposing our rhs .. surprise surprise,   if they were more clinical in front of goal . they could have had a hatfull. hoping jose sorts us out second half... but tbh we look out of salts .

Edited by 3 minus 2

up to them scoring their 2  we were v much second best. the goal and/ or the realization we could lose this v v easily, the 2nd goal ?seemed to  spur us on and from that mo on we were the better team. hapi days . Norwich next up...

oh a top 4 club has to be lookin at Redmond  he's added consistency to his game..which IMO puts him v much in the elite prem player class

oh and when mori departs.. i'de LOVE to have southampton's manager  as our next manager.. he had them really well sorted...EVERYBODY knew their jobs and stuck to them and overall played v well , losing 2 night. IMO theyde  be justified in  feeling they were  hard done by

Edited by 3 minus 2

On 2/5/2020 at 2:09 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

maybe kane will continue to get injured BUT your asking presumably a decent, striker to put his career on the line... likely ? ... would you?

someone like  maybe Deeney ? would do a job and maybe  it would put them in the England frame   agreed bout aurier.. he continually messes up and I take ure point bout Sanchez. v pacy and strong and decent in the tackle .. BUT his concentration lapses seemingly IN

EVERY game WILL start costing us

as for a holder.. no need for pace though it wouldnt go amiss..   just v v good distribution, got the impress poch signed ndombele with the intention of doing a holders role... could well be wrong bout that one tho... shame bout dier.. such sloppy passing  in every game ,  he' suffered with longish time injuries so game time might help... he's still young enuf to be able to get it together...pretty sure mori is a fan there were strong rumors of him wanting him at utd... but time will tell.

"He's suffered with longish time injuries" injuries are not the problem,he actually had his appendix removed last season of which there was complications which affected his immune system, so much so that he had to have another operation in the summer, could be that he is still affected now and might never fully recover.

Edited by Herewe
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, balo said:

Well that was lucky, or maybe it's not luck, maybe we would have lost this game with Poch, maybe this is what we call Mourinho tactics and it worked.... 

It was Mourinho tactics which put you in  a losing position to start with imo

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

It was Mourinho tactics which put you in  a losing position to start with imo

your not wrong kadilo but it could well be argued that his changes turned the game ie he took verity off and bolstered the midfield... tbh he, probably,should have done it sooner. 

8 hours ago, Herewe said:

"He's suffered with longish time injuries" injuries are not the problem,he actually had his appendix removed last season of which there was complications which affected his immune system, so much so that he had to have another operation in the summer, could be that he is still affected now and mightnever fully recover.

intersting .. didnt know that   but long term injuries op's whatever.. they have the same effect.. these boys day in day out for ? weeks years seasons  play footie day in day out  and build up a rhythm when its interrupted, it takes players an unspecified length of time to get that 'rhythm momentum call it what u want , bac... looking at diers movement and overall body conditioning i'de say he was one that it would effect quite badly.. saying that I thought he did ok last night... ididnt set the world alight but no glaring errors like in prev games its difficult to find a holding middie who has the necessary distribution skills whose prime instinct is as a defender.. rice is one.. Carrick was another.. matics another. so maybe he's worth sticking with until a better opt becomes available... be interesting to see how benteleb does at Newcastle...

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. Just seen the penalty on Son. And Mourinho had the neck to wave his hand for a card at Sterling for diving

It is a pity but both Son and Sterling are nearly always looking to go down easy. :coffee1:

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

It is a pity but both Son and Sterling are nearly always looking to go down easy. :coffee1:

That's cos you don't get rewarded for staying on your feet. It's the cancer in the game. My gripe is the brass neck from Mourinho. Sterling got touched but Moureen is running around waving his hand for a card (which he shouldn't be doing). Then last night Son dived. At first it looked clear but in slo mo he totally dived and Gunn didn't touch him 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's cos you don't get rewarded for staying on your feet. It's the cancer in the game. My gripe is the brass neck from Mourinho. Sterling got touched but Moureen is running around waving his hand for a card (which he shouldn't be doing). Then last night Son dived. At first it looked clear but in slo mo he totally dived and Gunn didn't touch him 

All true MrB but sometimes you might get rewarded for staying on your feet, even if the only "award" is not gaining a reputation as a diver. And yeah, Mourinho is a turdcutter...forever.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

image.png

Edited by Herewe

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

All true MrB but sometimes you might get rewarded for staying on your feet, even if the only "award" is not gaining a reputation as a diver. And yeah, Mourinho is a turdcutter...forever.:thumbsup:

Got the job done against the run of play which is what a manager is paid to do.

Suck it up my little buttercups....Mourinho can run up and down the touchline doing his memes all day long as long as he doesn't break the law I think you'll find. 

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Mourinho can run up and down the touchline doing his memes all day long as long as he doesn't break the law I think you'll find. 

That would be breaking the law wouldn't it? Aren't they supposed to stay in the technical area?

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No we have a manager now who delivers apparently....things in silver whatever that is. 

Oh that manager Spurs fans have always admired and had nice things to say about him.

One day when I have nothing better to do I will go back through the threads and look at the nice things you have said ????

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh that manager Spurs fans have always admired and had nice things to say about him.

One day when I have nothing better to do I will go back through the threads and look at the nice things you have said ????

Please do....it could be very funny indeed.

Right now we have a couple of cups to win with our new fantastic wonderful and superb manager. :w00t:

• Haha 1