Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, sotsira said:

Three players that I don't want to see start on Tuesday's match at Cardiff, Trippier, Davies & Winks.

Trippier was just awful, giving away possession most of the game. 

Winks was running on empty most of the second half

clearly needs a rest.

Davies just isn't enough of a threat going forward, maybe he should convert to becoming a CB.

I want to see KWP, Rose & Skipp start in their place.

Totally agree.  

11 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Your contradicting yourself, this is what you said yesterday 

Ha ha Everyone is saying that you are struggling without him including you, this your post 

and now you are saying that he wouldn't have made any difference ???? you need to make your mind up !

Anyway i'm out of here now but i'm sure the neutrals can make sense of you contradicting yourself ????

I don't know why you bother Alfie!!  I'm still not convinced he even knows the position Fernandinho plays.  Didn't last season if you remember.

Do bare in mind though, if you reply to him we all have to see his nonsense too, despite him being on ignore.  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I don't know why you bother Alfie!!  I'm still not convinced he even knows the position Fernandinho plays.  Didn't last season if you remember.

Do bare in mind though, if you reply to him we all have to see his nonsense too, despite him being on ignore.  

Sorry for putting you through that carms :jap:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Sorry for putting you through that carms :jap:

'Tis the season of goodwill, but pleeeease don't show his nonsense mutterings anymore.

And remember, its not about the money apparently!!????

And now that United have one three games against relatively poor or out of form sides Ricky's getting all gobby and thinks that because we lost one game (and are yet still seven points clear of them having spent about 300m less) we shouldn't be showing our faces on here!  My word it doesn't take much to get him excited.............

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Selective memory i see. Our little  debate last season was what type of player is Fernandinho? You said he was a defensive midfielder. I said he's a box-to-box midfielder that City now play as a defensive midfielder. You still don't  see the difference do you.

You don't have me on ignore and haven't  for a long time, who you trying to kid?

A Happy New Year!

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You owe half the forum an apology for this trangression.

I see he's still posting to himself on here!!!????  If he hadn't behaved in such a sh*thouse manner he wouldn't be on most peoples ignore list would he!!  Or am i being racist again........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I see he's still posting to himself on here!!!????  If he hadn't behaved in such a sh*thouse manner he wouldn't be on most peoples ignore list would he!!  Or am i being racist again........

As you dont know my race or anything about me apart from my football allegiance it's your guess whether your posts regarding me are racist or not. Your recent naughty-step transgression was for racist comments about arabs i believe.

You've really got to stop being preoccupied with personalities on here and just stick to posting about football. 

Waiting for my son to come home from NY countdown concert i got to watch Truevisions rerun of the Spurs vs Wolves 2nd half. Watched Wolves a lot this season and on their day they are a very good team. Had Spurs penned in your own half for long periods. Manager has done a brilliant  job there and well spotted their management who took a gamble on him.

Top 10 finish for them for sure.

Game over after 30 minutes. Total superiority, and just too easy. Cardiff are truly awful.  Why did i stay up till 2.30am?  And why for example was Dele kept on so late? Or Kane for that matter.  The game was over.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Game over after 30 minutes. Total superiority, and just too easy. Cardiff are truly awful.  Why did i stay up till 2.30am?  And why for example was Dele kept on so late? Or Kane for that matter.  The game was over.

Yes Kane for Moura after 60 mins looked odds on.

Strange selection policy.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Nice three points and well deserved.

Ronnie, can you or Carmine phone Pochy and ask if he will quit using the word "massive" every other sentence ?:smile:

Thanks !:cowboy:

You can add the phrase "we are so happy" to that as well.  it think he use that term in a press conference after we[d taken a 6-0 drubbing!!!

• Like 1

i do have question marks against a few selection decisions and substitutions regards last night.

Firstly why wasn't Trippier rested for walker-Peters?

Why wasn't Sissoko rested for Skipp, because Sissoko looked knackered the other day?

In essence this game was over after 30 minutes and Cardiff are piss poor relegation fodder.

But, to this end why did we at least make changes at half time?  Dele's recently had a hamstring issue...pull him off because we didn't need him in the second half.  Sub off Kane at half time, give him a much needed rest.

I just can't get my head round playing such a strong side for 90 minutes against a taffy pub team when we have to go to Tranmere on friday night (thanks Sky, yet again) and we have a semi final 1st leg against the chavs prior to the new all conquering United on the 13th that are apparently going to give us a right pasting!!

Just seems an opportunity missed.

Still somethings never change, Colin is still an absolute prick of an individual!!

12 minutes ago, carmine said:

You can add the phrase "we are so happy" to that as well.  it think he use that term in a press conference after we[d taken a 6-0 drubbing!!!

Yeah, that's another. Soon it will be, "we are so massively happy".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Yeah, that's another. Soon it will be, "we are so massively happy".

In fairness to Poch, when he took over at Soton he couldn't speak a word of English.

Now it's a case of having a collection of favorite phrases that can be used in any conversation.

Still, his players seem to get it, and who's to say Harry Kane's English is really any better!!!????

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

In fairness to Poch, when he took over at Soton he couldn't speak a word of English.

Now it's a case of having a collection of favorite phrases that can be used in any conversation.

Still, his players seem to get it, and who's to say Harry Kane's English is really any better!!!????

Agreed. Pochy has done well with English, though he could take lessons from Pablo Zabaleta.

All well and good but if he got injured...?

"It was the plan to give Harry Kane 15-20 minutes to play, he always wants to play. It is important too for the fans here and the opponents to enjoy Harry Kane, he's an icon in England and not everyone can have the opportunity to see him. It was important to show some respect to the people who are here, it was very nice for everyone."

21 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

All well and good but if he got injured...?

"It was the plan to give Harry Kane 15-20 minutes to play, he always wants to play. It is important too for the fans here and the opponents to enjoy Harry Kane, he's an icon in England and not everyone can have the opportunity to see him. It was important to show some respect to the people who are here, it was very nice for everyone."

Yes, nice gesture to Tranmere fans but what if.....

I read today that Rodney Marsh, ex footballer, sacked Sky pundit, completely misread the gesture thinking Poch was taking the p*ss, accusing us of being classless.

Well, if anyone on is is not aware of the reasons for his departure from Sky, it was because he cracked what he thought was a funny joke about the asian tsunami.  What an <deleted>!

• Like 1

Pochettino making a lot of noise about wanting to stay at Spurs.  Having read his comments i doubt he'll be leaving.  Which is strange because Jamie Carragher has been chirping on about him "having to go to United"   It now appears he doesn't have to go. ( I'm far more concerned about Eriksen.  He's the only one that hasn't signed a new contract.  I'm making the presumption that Toby and Dembele are going.)

What on earth are the pundits going to talk about now?  Strange because at other times it's like we officially don't exist. When City were lying in third and due to play Liverpool it was described on one website as the top two playing each other.  When City beat Liverpool apparently there were two teams in the title race again.  Apparently we do not exist. We're still locked in the Sky sports days where they displayed background pictures of five of the top six clubs.  Pochettino's photo was nowhere to be seen.  We were currently lying in fourth????????

They only conclusion i can draw is that they cannot and will not accept the fact that we spend little or no money which is,  frankly very sad.

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Pochettino making a lot of noise about wanting to stay at Spurs.  Having read his comments i doubt he'll be leaving.  Which is strange because Jamie Carragher has been chirping on about him "having to go to United"   It now appears he doesn't have to go. ( I'm far more concerned about Eriksen.  He's the only one that hasn't signed a new contract.  I'm making the presumption that Toby and Dembele are going.)

What on earth are the pundits going to talk about now?  Strange because at other times it's like we officially don't exist. When City were lying in third and due to play Liverpool it was described on one website as the top two playing each other.  When City beat Liverpool apparently there were two teams in the title race again.  Apparently we do not exist. We're still locked in the Sky sports days where they displayed background pictures of five of the top six clubs.  Pochettino's photo was nowhere to be seen.  We were currently lying in fourth????????

They only conclusion i can draw is that they cannot and will not accept the fact that we spend little or no money which is,  frankly very sad.

Yeah, I expect any number of clubs have been on the horn with Eriksen's agent. Such a talented and cool as a cucumber footballer.

27 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think Eriksen will be going carms, but getting 80-100m for him considering he'll only have a year to run of his contract will be good money, just need to replace him with similar quality which will be very difficult.