Unoffical Spurs Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

31 minutes ago, carmine said:

Pochettino making a lot of noise about wanting to stay at Spurs.  Having read his comments i doubt he'll be leaving.  Which is strange because Jamie Carragher has been chirping on about him "having to go to United"   It now appears he doesn't have to go. ( I'm far more concerned about Eriksen.  He's the only one that hasn't signed a new contract.  I'm making the presumption that Toby and Dembele are going.)

What on earth are the pundits going to talk about now?  Strange because at other times it's like we officially don't exist. When City were lying in third and due to play Liverpool it was described on one website as the top two playing each other.  When City beat Liverpool apparently there were two teams in the title race again.  Apparently we do not exist. We're still locked in the Sky sports days where they displayed background pictures of five of the top six clubs.  Pochettino's photo was nowhere to be seen.  We were currently lying in fourth????????

They only conclusion i can draw is that they cannot and will not accept the fact that we spend little or no money which is,  frankly very sad.

I think Eriksen will be going carms, but getting 80-100m for him considering he'll only have a year to run of his contract will be good money, just need to replace him with similar quality which will be very difficult. 

Edited by alfieconn

Yes i think its quite likely Eriksen will go, possibly Barcelona bound?  And Hazard to Real Madrid. 26 and 27 years old.  its possibly their big career move time.  Hazard's made no secret of wanting to join a big club???? like Real Madrid.  Eriksen has every bit the style of a Barcelona player.

As Alfie rightly says, we'll get a lot go money and its all about getting a decent replacement. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes i think its quite likely Eriksen will go, possibly Barcelona bound?  And Hazard to Real Madrid. 26 and 27 years old.  its possibly their big career move time.  Hazard's made no secret of wanting to join a big club???? like Real Madrid.  Eriksen has every bit the style of a Barcelona player.

As Alfie rightly says, we'll get a lot go money and its all about getting a decent replacement. 

I can definitely see Eriksen at Barca. He could be the player they thought they were getting in Coutinho, who has been almost a washout. Eriksen looks a much more complete footballer.

Just now, jellydog said:

I can definitely see Eriksen at Barca. He could be the player they thought they were getting in Coutinho, who has been almost a washout. Eriksen looks a much more complete footballer.

Pochettino has also really improved his workrate, his pressing and frankly developed his all round game.

he really bought into Poch's high intensity style 

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Pochettino making a lot of noise about wanting to stay at Spurs.  Having read his comments i doubt he'll be leaving.  Which is strange because Jamie Carragher has been chirping on about him "having to go to United"   It now appears he doesn't have to go. ( I'm far more concerned about Eriksen.  He's the only one that hasn't signed a new contract.  I'm making the presumption that Toby and Dembele are going.)

What on earth are the pundits going to talk about now?  Strange because at other times it's like we officially don't exist. When City were lying in third and due to play Liverpool it was described on one website as the top two playing each other.  When City beat Liverpool apparently there were two teams in the title race again.  Apparently we do not exist. We're still locked in the Sky sports days where they displayed background pictures of five of the top six clubs.  Pochettino's photo was nowhere to be seen.  We were currently lying in fourth????????

They only conclusion i can draw is that they cannot and will not accept the fact that we spend little or no money which is,  frankly very sad.

So are you in the title race?

Spurs official website still has us down to play Watford on the 31st at our new stadium.

We can finally play home games, and from what i hear everyone is sick to death of playing at Wembley.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Interesting times at tottenham.. for us to keep this team together and to take the next step up ie win titles without  a radical change in our transfer policy aint gonna be easy, we know it, the press know it, everybody knows it.. now poch has come out and said it.. imo puts a WHOLE new dimension to it. I read it , others may read it diferently  but to me there was an element in there of  ' well we'll need to spend or i'm off' it wasnt the absolute intention of poch's statement but i cant help thinkin it was in there somemwhere.. after watchin levy operate  at tottenham for how many decades poch makin sayin that  NOT the easiest of roads to take.. however poch IS in as strong a position as i've ever seen a manager in at tottenham .. so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.. bearing in mind 7 straight defeats and ANY prem manager is likely to lose their job

And yeah alfies right looks like ericson will be off. Shame but hey thats where we are at the mo with our finances

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

And yeah alfies right looks like ericson will be off. Shame but hey thats where we are at the mo with our finances

What does this have to do with our finances at all??

If its £200k a week I'm sure he's getting it at the Lane.

If he leaves it will be to Barca or Madrid and they are the biggest clubs in the world so not really a surprise.

He's not gone anywhere yet though....I still hope.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If he leaves it will be to Barca or Madrid and they are the biggest clubs in the world so not really a surprise.

There isn't a club in the premier league that has the pulling power of Real Madrid or Barca.  Real being the biggest club in the world and Barca, well hey you get the enormous privilege of being in the same side as Lionel Messi.

10 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Interesting times at tottenham.. for us to keep this team together and to take the next step up ie win titles without  a radical change in our transfer policy aint gonna be easy, we know it, the press know it, everybody knows it.. now poch has come out and said it.. imo puts a WHOLE new dimension to it. I read it , others may read it diferently  but to me there was an element in there of  ' well we'll need to spend or i'm off' it wasnt the absolute intention of poch's statement but i cant help thinkin it was in there somemwhere.. after watchin levy operate  at tottenham for how many decades poch makin sayin that  NOT the easiest of roads to take.. however poch IS in as strong a position as i've ever seen a manager in at tottenham .. so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.. bearing in mind 7 straight defeats and ANY prem manager is likely to lose their job

In terms of transfer policy i don't think we need lots more players but i wish we could make ambitious one off signings.  We're not going to spend nearly 60m on a kid and send him out on loan like little Chelsea but we could surely be going in big on one off opportunities.

A proper replacement for Eriksen would not come cheap.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

There isn't a club in the premier league that has the pulling power of Real Madrid or Barca.  Real being the biggest club in the world and Barca, well hey you get the enormous privilege of being in the same side as Lionel Messi.

Indeed if he leaves for either this summer in a lucrative deal for us he'll go with the fans blessing and good luck....he's been a fantastic player for us.

However...I am clinging to the hope he will buy in for longer. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Indeed if he leaves for either this summer in a lucrative deal for us he'll go with the fans blessing and good luck....he's been a fantastic player for us.

However...I am clinging to the hope he will buy in for longer. :post-4641-1156694572:

United couldn't keep Ronaldo, same situation potentially,  but what ferguson did was get the best deal for United with his departure. If he does want to go i presume we will do the same.

42 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So Poch ses "I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here," said Pochettino and you deduce he's talking about leaving if he doesn't get any money, when he knows the financial situation, your mind works in strange ways !

Edited by alfieconn

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So Poch ses "I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here," said Pochettino and you deduce he's talking about leaving if he doesn't get any money when he knows the financial situation, your mind works in strange ways !

I just wish Poch would say something adamant as i don't want to be worrying about him leaving for the next five months!!????

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I just wish Poch would say something adamant as i don't want to be worrying about him leaving for the next five months!!????

In addition to maybe thinking seriously about leaving, I think Pochy likes toying with Levy.

Just now, jellydog said:

In addition to maybe thinking seriously about leaving, I think Pochy likes toying with Levy.

it would be really bizarre if he suddenly let after comments the other day that he would like to manage the club for twenty years.  He has total autonomy over football matters and was even allowed input into the stadium design.  I hoping he's far more "Tottenham" than a lot of us realise.  I also agree with MrBo that him at United, with a sizable budget would be the worst nightmare for the other five of the so called big six.

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It has EVERYTHING to do with our finances ronnie atm we choose or cant compete.. when our finaces imprive i presume there will be no excuse NOT to compete

for clubs in our pos' ie chaps lge ect ect we  pay loads less eg barca av squad wage was somethin like  110 ours was 65 ish ..bottom of the chart .  from what i"ve heard from pros WAGES are  the key .. glamour and prestige come a second .. to get those marquee ish  signings to replace  top draw players that move on we need to pay/compete  or perhaps we risk fallin into the europa lge/non european wilderness    and alfie get  a life surely you"ve got better things to do than pic holes in EVERY post i make

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

It has EVERYTHING to do with our finances ronnie atm we choose or cant compete.. when our finaces imprive i presume there will be no excuse NOT to compete

for clubs in our pos' ie chaps lge ect ect we  pay loads less eg barca av squad wage was somethin like  110 ours was 65 ish ..bottom of the chart .  from what i"ve heard from pros WAGES are  the key .. glamour and prestige come a second .. to get those marquee ish  signings to replace  top draw players that move on we need to pay/compete  or perhaps we risk fallin into the europa lge/non european wilderness    and alfie get  a life surely you"ve got better things to do than pic holes in EVERY post i make

Sorry that i disagree with you but i thought this was an open forum !

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

If £200k a week is not competing then what is?

Add in we are still in contention for 4 trophies I am failing to see our lack of competitiveness.

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If £200k a week is not competing then what is?

if you cant see it after i've given you examples then the prob is where ? kanes  contract is the exception  not the rule and it could be argued that levy had no option but to pay when he has the option atm he doesnt or cant.  it took erickson lamela ect ect ? seasons b4 he 'excelled' we cant afford that luxury anymore and to keep competative in the co we're currently keeping the mean needs to step up, it aint rocket science., and as for the four comps were in yeah sure were 'competative' until the final stages THEN we aint aka no trophies for ?? years  and alfie dont come the innocent nonsence oh its an open forum ever since i called you out about your allegiance to that nasty little group of biggots the lads alliance  you've pulled  virtually  every post i've made apart.. grow a pair and get the <deleted> over it

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Interesting times at tottenham.. for us to keep this team together and to take the next step up ie win titles without  a radical change in our transfer policy aint gonna be easy, we know it, the press know it, everybody knows it.. now poch has come out and said it.. imo puts a WHOLE new dimension to it. I read it , others may read it diferently  but to me there was an element in there of  ' well we'll need to spend or i'm off' it wasnt the absolute intention of poch's statement but i cant help thinkin it was in there somemwhere.. 

I agree. When I heard him speak it sounded a bit early Mourinho ish at United, dropping hints about lack of spending money almost  a very thinly veiled threat. 

Obviously he mixed it with a load of positive and nicely nicely stuff about wanting to stay another 20 years etc........didn’t Mourinho say some thing about wanting to spend the rest of his days at United too. 

Clearly this guy is a one off and worked miracles on a budget and what he has achieved as a result is clear to all. He must be ambitious and wanting to test himself as far as he can so every manager in his position must have a point where he wants to buy more players and see how far he can go.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

3-2....Where are the recent examples of players we want to keep leaving for more money?

Jeez ronnie wakey <deleted> wakey... if were gonna maintain and  consistently compete at our current level as poch says we need to change our way of doin business ie Pay more

Right, perspective on last nights game.  We didn't play well and we won. Chelsea looked better from the statistical point of view but actually were not that good and are way too heavily reliant on Hazard (who will probably be off this summer)  

As we know we play much better away from Wembley and i hope and expect that we put in a markedly improved performance in the 2nd leg and win it.  

Next up, United and the new Messiah.  United fans seem to think they are going to batter us so i suppose we will see, won't we.

Thoought we were lucky to win last night imo  the only reason they didnt win was they got jack shit up front put a decent striker their way and imo  they could/ would have walked it.. the second half we looked shockingly tired and tbh baring the arsenal 2 nd half last nigjt  has to go down as the worst performance i've seen certainly since poch arrived possibly longer.. still 1.0 at half time ALL to play for.

Jeez  we'll really need to dig deep if  were  gonna beat utd   on the energy levels shown in the second half  our tank is running really low NOT something that fills me with confidence going into a game against a resurgent and re energised utd ..