Top Democrats say Trump may face impeachment, jail over hush money

webfact

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Individual-1may be impeached in the House for this but it would never pass the Senate.

I agree with you on that and sympathize with your position on this matter.

Just one thing to add, and maybe this is part of your point, my guess is that a number of Senate Republicans do not want to have to vote on whether to convict if the House does impeach Trump.  There may even be a lot of House Republicans who would prefer that an impeachment vote never comes up.  

It's one thing for a politician to release statements that hedge issues so they can pander to as many of their constituency as is possible.  It's another thing to be on record - whether yea or nay - regarding a clear issue that many voters will take seriously. 

I am not sure how that will play out.  There's still a lot of factors coming down the pike.  However, I am pretty sure that politicians' next election prospects will come into play.  As I recall, it was a few influential Congressional Republicans that convinced Nixon to resign rather than go through the ignominy of a final floor vote for impeachment and a Senate trial.  Of course, in Nixon's case, they had the "smoking gun" tape.

Then again, would Trump - if it comes to that - resign for the sake of his party and his country?  I think for him it will be more of a business decision.

Edited by helpisgood
typo

13 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It's been explained hundreds of times here why it wasn't a campaign finance violation.

Stormy is one of many women that have been paid off. Most of them before the campaign. Trump can show a clear pattern of paying off tarts and so it's a regular expenditure to him. Hence, it's just his normal pattern of spending and not something done especially for the campaign.

He can also argue the case that he did it to protect his family.

I'm amazed this is even a topic of conversation any more. 

And in all those other cases was the expense illegally recorded as a payment to Michael Cohen for services rendered? And in those other cases did Trump publicly deny that he had made such payments?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

More likely, it won't happen because none of our so called leaders want to start the parade to prison for campaign violations. 

DC would be like a ghost town.

It would certainly drain the swamp though.

5 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Glad you understand that this is just a political stunt pushed by Dems & written just for you and this guy:

And what Truth would that be? 

Ask Trump's lawyer Rudy.

truth isn't truth.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1