Mysterious Death Of Norwegian Lady...................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 19th 2007

Norwegian Lady Found Dead in Condo

On the 18th of February at 11.30pm Dongtan Police were called to a scene of involving a death at Sarowan Guesthouse on Soi Jomtien 6.

Police rushed to the scene to find the body of Miss Inger Teimann, aged 49, from Norway lying on a hotel room bed. Mr. Kurt Ivan Knutsen, aged 53, her partner was crying and taken out of the room.

After checking around the room, Police found 3 empty bottles of beer beside the bed and no evidence of foul play. The woman was estimated to have passed away four hours earlier.

The guesthouse manager Miss Bunga Duangpitak told Police that the couple checked in at the guesthouse on the 1st of February and that they drank heavily every day.

At 8 am they both had asked her to sit and have a drink with them, which she did.

Three hours later everybody was drunk and Miss Inger could not walk

The Hotel Manager and Mr. Knutsen carried Miss Inger to her room to lie down, they then continued their merry way down to Soi Jomtien 7 and continued drinking.

Around 8pm Mr. Knutsen went back to his hotel room to pick up additional funds to carry on drinking . He returned at 10.30pm to sleep. He shook Miss Inger to discover that she was dead. He then quickly went downstairs to call the ambulance.

Police assumed that the Norwegian may have suffered a sudden heart attack from continual heavy drinking.

However, the body was sent for autopsy to investigate the true cause of death.

The Norwegian Embassy will be contacted.

Edited by libya 115

Police assumed that the Norwegian may have suffered a sudden heart attack from continual heavy drinking.

However, the body was sent for autopsy to investigate the true cause of death.

The Norwegian Embassy will be contacted.

Why? Medical Qualifications? If you're not qualified, keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself, copper!

I often wonder if dehydration plays a part in cases like this.

This news clipping sounds like a case-study of alcohol poisoning.

The victim (a woman) was already very intoxicated (she could not walk) and her blood alcohol level would have continued to rise after she was put to bed.

{Alcohol is absorbed through the gut slowly, this is why almost all alcohol poisoning cases are treated with gastric washing in emergency rooms.}

In bed and approaching unconciousness, the female's vital brain functions would shut down. She would stop breathing and die.

There is a fine line between being dead-drunk and dangerously drunk. Do you know the signs and what to do in such cases?

Edited by libya 115

The guesthouse manager Miss Bunga Duangpitak told Police that the couple checked in at the guesthouse on the 1st of February and that they drank heavily every day.

At 8 am they both had asked her to sit and have a drink with them, which she did.

Three hours later everybody was drunk and Miss Inger could not walk

The Hotel Manager and Mr. Knutsen carried Miss Inger to her room to lie down, they then continued their merry way down to Soi Jomtien 7 and continued drinking.

Around 8pm Mr. Knutsen went back to his hotel room to pick up additional funds to carry on drinking . He returned at 10.30pm to sleep. He shook Miss Inger to discover that she was dead. He then quickly went downstairs to call the ambulance.

8am start drinking, by 11am the Norwegian woman was so drunk she could not walk. Her partner and miss Bunga were able to continue for another nine hours! He only returned then to get additional funds for another 2 1/2 hours! :o

Something doesn't fit with this tale. Three hours and she's smashed but her partner can carry on for another 11 1/2. I know a guy can take more than a gal but not that much.

I wonder if she was on some kind of medication, that can really knock you out. My current gf, a few weeks back went home feeling not too well. Came back an hour or so later feeling better. Two or three small beers and she was legless, I had to virtually carry her back. She'd had some meds for flu/cold symptoms and didn't tell me 'till next day.

Libya, when I was an apprentice we all went out for a lunchtime piss-up. One lad drank way more than the rest, spirits too, and ended up passing out in the workshop. He was rolled under the benches to sleep it off but someone had the sense to call an ambulance. Later we heard from the medical block he was being pumped out and if we'd delayed for something like half an hour he would have died.

Could you enlighten us on the signs to look for and what to do (other than call an ambulance).

Lets please remember we are all speculating--which is probably more appropriate that the police speculating.

At 49 years of age, I doubt that this lady died of acute alcohol poisoning. Most people of that age have had enough experience to know what they can drink and what they can't--especially since her partner--and here I am guessing drinking partner--went on to drink for such a long period of time.

She may have died of other causes and that may have been why she quit so much earlier than partner. She was probably either quite sick or suffering from the cause of her death early on and thus was taken home.

Her partner doesn't sound like he would have been fully aware of anything being wrong, considering his state of mind. Make no mistake, whatever she died of, it was surely directly or indirectly related to her overall level of alcohol consumption.

Lets please remember we are all speculating--which is probably more appropriate that the police speculating.

At 49 years of age, I doubt that this lady died of acute alcohol poisoning. Most people of that age have had enough experience to know what they can drink and what they can't--especially since her partner--and here I am guessing drinking partner--went on to drink for such a long period of time.

She may have died of other causes and that may have been why she quit so much earlier than partner. She was probably either quite sick or suffering from the cause of her death early on and thus was taken home.

Her partner doesn't sound like he would have been fully aware of anything being wrong, considering his state of mind. Make no mistake, whatever she died of, it was surely directly or indirectly related to her overall level of alcohol consumption.

I accept that younger people are more likely to die from acute alcohol poisoning, but I still believe my initial suspicions of cause of death are correct.

The woman was on holiday, in a hot and humid climate, Thai beers are higher in alcohol as a rule and the effects of dehydration and electrolyte loss can be amplified and last for days.

The woman was described as being unable to walk: this suggests that she was unable to gauge her alcohol intake, she was probably topping-up from previous said drinking sessions and the results were catastrophic.

Women are more susceptable to acute alcohol poisoning for sound biological reasons.