Policeman shoots dead male tourist at Trendy Building in Bangkok

webfact

Wow. I lived in that building when I first moved here.

My money is on some sort of dispute etc and then as is so common here, the 'loss of face' is just too big to walk away from.

It will be very interesting to see what nationality he is.  

• Like 1

Lumpini Cop Shoots Frenchman To Death After Brawl: Police

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

503027-696x464.jpg

Flanked by two senior officers, Maj. Gen. Surachate Hakparn speaks to reporters at the scene where a French national was shot to death by a Bangkok police officer.

BANGKOK — A Bangkok police officer was arrested Wednesday after allegedly shooting a Frenchman to death.

Senior Sgt. Maj. Kantapong Huadsri, a squad leader at Lumpini Police Station, was discharged from the force after police said he and another unidentified perpetrator were caught on security camera shooting a 35-year-old French national near BTS Nana this morning.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/12/12/lumpini-cop-shot-frenchman-to-death-after-brawl/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-12

This can`t be a case of the tourist was up to no good and the policeman shot him in self defence, otherwise the policeman would not be on the run.

The report doesn`t mention whether the cop was on duty or how this incident came about. Rotten reporting, who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

Thai police are just the average Thai male in a brown uniform. A Canadian national was killed by a policeman (Loss of face strikes again) in Pai and a tourist police officer shot an Italian tourist in Chiangmai airport. There have been others, but memory fade has kicked in.

Always tragic when a life is lost, but happens all over the world in similar circumstances. People just don't know how to respect and treat each other any more, it will get worse before it gets better, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Richard S said:

sad...  but... who in their right mind fights an armed cop ...  anyone carrying a gun is best treating with peace in mind ...   yes sir .. no sir ..  3 bags full sir

True but, a cop is supposed to have a wee bit more restraint than ending the argument with a bullet to the head.

• Like 2

Bangkok cop surrenders after French tourist shot dead

By The Nation

9a3ddb4c3c384b4b1467d91e8271c37b-sld.jpe 

A Bangkok police sergeant has turned himself in after allegedly shooting dead a French tourist on Wednesday morning following a pub fight.

Pol Senior Sgt Maj Kantapong Huadsri, assigned to the Lumpini Police station, surrendered soon after the incident.

His fellow officers had already been summoned to the ground floor of the Trendy Building, where the Frenchman, Malik Djamel, 35, lay dead in front of a doughnut shop with a bullet wound to the head.

His Thai girlfriend, identified only as Kwanjira, told police that Djamel had quarrelled with a Thai man at the Lucky Shot bar on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1. The two men began fighting, but the Thai retreated.

Kwanjira said she and Djamel were returning to their room on the eighth floor of the Trendy Building when the Thai reappeared and shot her boyfriend dead.

The murder was caught on a security camera and the gunman was allegedly identified as Kantapong.

Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal instructed investigators at the Lumpini station to handle the case in strict accordance with the law and not try to assist their colleague.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360251

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-12

29 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Wow. I lived in that building when I first moved here.

My money is on some sort of dispute etc and then as is so common here, the 'loss of face' is just too big to walk away from.

It will be very interesting to see what nationality he is.  

He was French.

56 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

A shocking incident.

Don't let me down TV people come on out with it

"500Bht and a wai and all is forgiven" or "a month in the orange robes he will be free"

Cynical I may be, but not far from the truth. 

It'll take more than an Orange Batman suit to sort this one out.