Policeman shoots dead male tourist at Trendy Building in Bangkok

webfact

22 minutes ago, berybert said:
27 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Unbelievable racist post. I hope you don't have ant Thai relative with this disgusting attitude. Why on earth are you here, to take advantage of the stupid locals?

You have lost me. Please point out the racist part of the post you were alluding too.

me too.   perhaps one day when the BAL has remained low for a few days

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, berybert said:

You have lost me. Please point out the racist part of the post you were alluding too.

I think the original post inferred that in Thailand, people have low IQs and act recklessly to save face.

"a low IQ face saver, with no self control. Only in the land of smiles."  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard S said:

sad...  but... who in their right mind fights an armed cop ...  anyone carrying a gun is best treating with peace in mind ...   yes sir .. no sir ..  3 bags full sir

Clearly you have more info than most. The article said the shooter was a policeman. Didn't say he was on duty or in uniform at time of altercation soi 11. 

Maybe he retrieved a gun from his car or whatever (who knows) and proceeded to seek revenge (loss of face) who knows. But I agree with everyone very sad especially the chap shot dead. Most likely unarmed. 

13 minutes ago, beowolf2012 said:

If police had to stop this man. Why shout him in the head?

What is wrong with the leg?

Maybe read some of the linked stories, it wasn't a policeman pursuing a criminal. It was an off duty policeman shooting a love rival after a fight.

Not acting in the capacity as a policeman at the time.

• Like 2

What's that song "Cops on the Run"????

Ohh,no, no ,no, it was  "Band on the Run"!! that's right!! 

Often think about Armed Cops & their suitability to have a Gun!!  

Wonder if any testing done, to ascertain both mental capacity & stability to be armed with a lethal weapon;

likely as not!!  

1 hour ago, Richard S said:

sad...  but... who in their right mind fights an armed cop ...  anyone carrying a gun is best treating with peace in mind ...   yes sir .. no sir ..  3 bags full sir

The Policeman was not armed when they had the fight, he was off duty and got the gun from a waiter in the bar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonmoon said:

Shooter has surrendered himself. Policeman was drinking got drunk n got into argument with tourist becos he was drunk. Got into fist fight n lost. So he followed the tourist  n shot him. 

What time does this 'pub' start serving alcohol? I still don't rule out the possibility that the tourists gf was an ex of the police, hence the fist fight.

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe read some of the linked stories, it wasn't a policeman pursuing a criminal. It was an off duty policeman shooting a love rival after a fight.

Not acting in the capacity as a policeman at the time.

So thats all ok then?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Apart form the craziness of the whole thing this statement "Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal instructed investigators at the Lumpini station to handle the case in strict accordance with the law and not try to assist their colleague." just shows Thai society IMHO. I mean what type of person would try to help a colleague that just shot somebody in the head and killed them!!!

If you look at Western nations, like the US for example, the police are like a mafia in some respects. The work together and have a brotherhood mentality, where they will cover the tracks for each other where possible. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

Thai police are just the average Thai male in a brown uniform. A Canadian national was killed by a policeman (Loss of face strikes again) in Pai and a tourist police officer shot an Italian tourist in Chiangmai airport. There have been others, but memory fade has kicked in.

From my time working in Saudi around the time of terror attacks. What do you say to a cop/soldier with a gun?

"Yes sir".

You certainly don't argue.

Not saying that this was the case here, we'll have to wait for the whole story.

10 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

What time does this 'pub' start serving alcohol? I still don't rule out the possibility that the tourists gf was an ex of the police, hence the fist fight.

That has already been established in the linked stories

"Kantapong had no prior relationship with Ait Kaki and has confessed to shooting him out of jealousy over a woman"

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2018/12/12/lumpini-cop-shot-frenchman-to-death-after-brawl/

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 007cableguy said:

Trendy building pretty sure thats place Thai's go to get Uk and Aussie visas!

As well as the place where Brits are forced to go not once, but twice, to renew their passports!

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The bar in question is a late night bar, open all night. More likely that the killer and victim had been drinking all night and the victim was on his way home.