whats happened

Silent Tiger

One would assume it's got something to do with the AUD / GBP exchange rates, Thailand is not a cheap place to holiday any longer, specially if you into the naughty side, prices in some of the 'entertainment venues' are outrageuous.
Brits and the rest of Europe are far better holidaying somewhere like the Adriatic or any eastern bloc country where is cheaper than thailand

Ozzies are kind of stuck. Holidays at home are expensive so thailand is still and option

Yanks can do what they please
  • Confused 1

I guess im not seeing the same pattaya in my just songkow ride all  along beach rd and the return all along second rd that looked crowded enough.

What am i missing here ?

Where are all these people sleeping and eating. Appreciate the objective (numerical) facts.

I wish it was as empty as seen by above because whats bad for the economy is good for the $ exchange rate.

Edited by morrobay

I guess the old girl (Pattaya) has  lost her charm if what the first group of posters say is correct.

But (or butt) that means there will be no shortage of tattooed rice harvesters in the north soon.

Be aware that many a young wench (and some older ones) will make her way home on February 24th to vote in the election. This could very well be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Their beaus may get the chance to accompany them and pay a personal visit to that sick buffalo they have been sponsoring.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I guess im not seeing the same pattaya in my just songkow ride all  along beach rd and the return all along second rd that looked crowded enough.

What am i missing here ?

Where are all these people sleeping and eating. Appreciate the objective (numerical) facts.

I wish it was as empty as seen by above because whats bad for the economy is good for the $ exchange rate.

You could try asking other farangs you meet on your songthow rides.  I hear there's a lot of information to be gathered this way.

I don't understand the reports who tell us its quite. I don't feel it that way, more people here than last December. But I do not stay in soi 6 or the bars. Very busy in the malls and restaurants . And crazy traffic as always.

15 minutes ago, balo said:

I don't understand the reports who tell us its quite. I don't feel it that way, more people here than last December. But I do not stay in soi 6 or the bars. Very busy in the malls and restaurants . And crazy traffic as always.

All you guys who are saying Pattaya is quiet...Pattaya is dead bla bla bla...I guess your not here or you dont leave your room....Quieter than in the past yes...Quiet No...

"Been in Pattaya 3 days now whats happened never seen it as dead im staying in Sunbeam & its a 3rd full max !!! Soi 6 & 8 very quiet !!! I think the goose that laid the golden egg is truly been killed" - Great news!! Keep away the tourists from here, we don't need them in Pattaya ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, fforest1 said:

All you guys who are saying Pattaya is quiet...Pattaya is dead bla bla bla...I guess your not here or you dont leave your room....Quieter than in the past yes...Quiet No...

I defo left my room & been going since 1989 quietest i have ever seen seen it it was busier in july 10 yrs ago lots of chinese agree but bars very quiet also seems like the girls are rats & sinking ship also !!!

On 12/15/2018 at 3:58 PM, balo said:

It does look like sex-tourism is on the down, especially in the gay areas, but other than that it's very busy on the road, and all the bars at Pattaya beach road were completely packed.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, morrobay said:

What am i missing here ?

The OP is perhaps referring to the "fun side" of Pattaya, which has cut it's own throat with extortionate prices and bored girls.

Just because the sidewalks are full of Chinese/ Indians/ other ethnicities does not mean the bars and other entertainment facilities are doing well.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The OP is perhaps referring to the "fun side" of Pattaya, which has cut it's own throat with extortionate prices and bored girls.

Just because the sidewalks are full of Chinese/ Indians/ other ethnicities does not mean the bars and other entertainment facilities are doing well.

What are those extortionate prices you are talking about, you have some examples? In the gay areas it's still 1000-1500 baht for short-time and 2000-2500 for long-time. Bar fines range from 300 for a regular bar up to 500 for some go-go bars, and drinks in my favorite go-go bar have gone up from 120 baht to 160 baht last night, I guess because it's peak season, while in the regular bars it's still 80-100 baht for a Heineken, and 100-120 baht for a boy drink. In Boystown it's more though, about 200-250 baht/drink but that comes with a show like Copa.

In other words nothing crazy, maybe it's different in the lady bars? Sometimes I frequent those as it's the only thing in East Pattaya,  very close to my home and drinks are priced same as I quoted, no idea about bar fines or fees for the girls/ladies, and actually I had some nice chats with some of them, not boring at all.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Right sidewalks and beach rd full of chinese and indians and all the thai traffic on main roads is very deceiving. But for peak season its desolate for more than just the entertainment places, at least up to mid afternoon that i observe. There are just way too many of the same side by side types of businesses. Too many hotels  and too many short term condo rentals. There may be more overall tourist numbers arriving but their  time in Pattaya and spending in Pattay is not only less than before but spread out over more (said above) venues. And they keep building ???