Phuket tourist passenger van driver takes out motorbike on second day of work

webfact

Phuket tourist passenger van driver takes out motorbike on second day of work

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1544615170_1-org.jpg

The van came to a crunching halt after hitting barriers installed on the far side of the roundabout. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two men on a motorbike suffered injuries last night, one seriously, after they collided with a Phuket passenger van whose driver was attempting to go round the Heroines Monument.

The van driver, Pongsakorn Kongderm, fled the scene, leaving behind his girlfriend, who was riding as the sole passenger in the van at the time.

Lt Sopanat Nayaw of Thalang Police was notified of the accident at 00:25am today (Dec 12).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourist-passenger-van-driver-takes-out-motorbike-on-second-day-of-work-69664.php#bsQUSroOP27IAMYz.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-13

If Thai drivers knew how to use roundabouts properly there would be no need for these barriers to be in place anyway.

But he'd probably have caused more damage if the barrier hadn't been there!

I wonder what test was involved for him to get his passenger van licence?

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

If Thai drivers knew how to use roundabouts properly there would be no need for these barriers to be in place anyway.

But he'd probably have caused more damage if the barrier hadn't been there!

I wonder what test was involved for him to get his passenger van licence?

Breathing  ????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Sorry Steven. You lost me there. Maybe you need to rethink that.

Rethink what? In Thailand the rule is: on equal roads, give way to the left. A roundabout is considered the more important road, so on roundabouts the rule is: give way to traffic already on the roundabout, therefor to the right.

General rule in Thailand is give way to the left.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Rethink what? In Thailand the rule is: on equal roads, give way to the left. A roundabout is considered the more important road, so on roundabouts the rule is: give way to traffic already on the roundabout, therefor to the right.

General rule in Thailand is give way to the left.

Still lost me.... so you say traffic on main road gives way to traffic exiting from left.  Think  that traffic gives way to the right as well.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Still lost me.... so you say traffic on main road gives way to traffic exiting from left.  Think  that traffic gives way to the right as well.

No, that is not what I said. On equal roads give way to left. On main road, like roundabouts, traffic on main road has right of way.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I give up. Don't know what you mean. I am out of here.

It really is very simple.

Somebody said: give way to the right in Thailand. I corrected and said: not correct, give way to the left in Thailand, except of course on main roads where the main road has right of way. And since a roundabout is considered a main road we give on roundabouts way to traffic on the roundabout, so we give way to the right there.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It really is very simple.

Somebody said: give way to the right in Thailand. I corrected and said: not correct, give way to the left in Thailand, except of course on main roads where the main road has right of way. And since a roundabout is considered a main road we give on roundabouts way to traffic on the roundabout, so we give way to the right there.

Irrespective of the "discussion" on this, I have a saying that as Thais don't know how to use a roundabout there is no hope for them coming out of the developing/3rd world (I know, I know) category...........something so simple yet they can't fathom it out, just all pile on thereby creating gridlock. Pure stupidity.