Spike in Phuket infections spur anti-Chikungunya offensive

webfact

Spike in Phuket infections spur anti-Chikungunya offensive

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1544617622_1-org.jpg

Rawai Municipality has already begun rolling out its campaign to prevent an outbreak of Chikungunya. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: Local health officials are rolling out a campaign to prevent an outbreak of Chikungunya after a spike in the number of infections on the island.

Phuket Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Tanit Sermkaew confirmed to The Phuket News today (Dec 12) that government hospitals across Phuket had reported 47 confirmed cases in November and a further 21 people already this month.

“Chikungunya virus infections are increasing in areas where people live close together, especially in densely populated areas in Rassada, Wichit and Talad Yai (in Phuket Town), as well as in Rawai,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/spike-in-phuket-infections-spur-anti-chikungunya-offensive-69665.php#l3wGmlKkdBl9YUYR.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-12-13

The worst pain ever! I was disabled for over two years. It still is affecting me years later. Joint and tendon pain hasn't really gone away. My doctors think it may have something to do with me having to have a total hip replacement! I wouldn't wish it on most anyone! It is a virus, so no cure and no vaccine.

Edited by Jimi007
Typo