"Thailand is safe" - police tell tourists after cop guns down Frenchman in cold blood

webfact

On 12/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, HalfLight said:

Safe...right.

Marauding gangs of Thai youths.

Gangs of Thai youths racing their mopeds on public roads

Gangs of Thai youths killing disabled people

Gangs of Thai youths queuing to kick female pensioners in the face

Thais who like to kick defenceless pensioners in the face

Sinking Thai boats.

Off-duty yet still armed cop shooting a tourist.

The worst road toll in the world.

Useless police.

Useless government

Useless armed forces

Rampant and unresolveable corruption and thieving at all levels of society

Violent and sometimes fatal 'hazing' at Thai Universities and in the armed forces.

Safe as houses...

Thailand is already a laughing-stock, how safe would you like it to be?

Do you actually live here? if you do i would leave!

On 12/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, HalfLight said:

Safe...right.

Marauding gangs of Thai youths.

Gangs of Thai youths racing their mopeds on public roads

Gangs of Thai youths killing disabled people

Gangs of Thai youths queuing to kick female pensioners in the face

Thais who like to kick defenceless pensioners in the face

Sinking Thai boats.

Off-duty yet still armed cop shooting a tourist.

The worst road toll in the world.

Useless police.

Useless government

Useless armed forces

Rampant and unresolveable corruption and thieving at all levels of society

Violent and sometimes fatal 'hazing' at Thai Universities and in the armed forces.

Safe as houses...

Thailand is already a laughing-stock, how safe would you like it to be?

5 minutes ago, lee68 said:

We all react differently to challenges friend, you think I should run away, I think you should wake up and smell the coffee.

Who's to say which is right?

• Like 2

I have lived here 26 years and Thailand is what it is, ive had very few problems here, you just have to use your common sense and get on with it, ive owned businesses here and dealt with local government and cops, and not many problems apart from learning cultural differences and laws, its not hard relay, if you dont like it either learn or go home, everybody s got a choice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

We all react differently to challenges friend, you think I should run away, I think you should wake up and smell the coffee.

Who's to say which is right?

You didn't answer the question do you live here?

8 minutes ago, lee68 said:

You didn't answer the question do you live here?

I'm not under any obligation to answer questions from you or anyone else. if I answer then well and good. If I choose not to then tough luck.

As it happens, though, I do live here but that is largely irrelevant. Opinions are opinions, and are nourished by history and experience, not only one's own, and not only by one's current location.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I do, not that it should be of any interest to you. Opinions are opinions, and are nourished by history not by current location.

With all respect, opinions are also influenced by attitudes, a little work on attitude can do miracles.

On the other end, reading too many news, most of them being crime news, can influence one's attitude in a negative way.

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

With all respect, opinions are also influenced by attitudes, a little work on attitude can do miracles.

On the other end, reading too many news, most of them being crime news, can influence one's attitude in a negative way.

Don't necessarily agree. Attitudes are formed by the repetitive formation and reinforcement of opinions, and that eventually becomes a feedback loop.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Don't necessarily agree. Attitudes are formed by the constant generation of opinions, and that eventually becomes a feedback loop.

That can be true, but having constantly negative thoughts is not doing yourself any favour.

Personally i believe that it's worth to do a little effort to see the glass half full, instead of half empty.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

That can be true, but having constantly negative thoughts is not doing yourself any favour.

Personally i believe that it's worth to do a little effort to see the glass half full, instead of half empty.

If that works for you then good luck. I prefer to see the glass both half full and half empty, and not to make assumptions as to which one is right. Objectivity/subjectivity. But we digress.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lee68 said:

I have lived here 26 years and Thailand is what it is, ive had very few problems here, you just have to use your common sense and get on with it, ive owned businesses here and dealt with local government and cops, and not many problems apart from learning cultural differences and laws, its not hard relay, if you dont like it either learn or go home, everybody s got a choice.

Makes you wonder how anything changes anywhere really, with luddite atitudes like this in evidence.

But you are sort of right, everybody's got a choice. It's just not up to you to say what it is.  You can decide what *your* choice is but I'll be blowed if you're going to tell me what mine is, and if you try then I'll just ignore what you say.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfLight said:

Of course you are. And so (apparently) is your reputation for good English skills

Another example of Uneducate people.

Translation from Thainglish: Please keep coming and giving us your money, 'safe' does not include cheating and scamming, naturally, we'll still do lots of that.

That's a good point, so can you recommend a safe

place in this world?

1 hour ago, HalfLight said:

they're a primitive society going through the growing pains that all primitive societies go through sooner or later, faster or slower, and Thailand is doing it very slowly.

I tend to give them credit for going through it faster. Faster than say Germany, Russia, China, Japan, the USA, Mexico, etc.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I tend to give them credit for going through it faster. Faster than say Germany, Russia, China, Japan, the USA, Mexico, etc.

IMHO, the countries you list have stable, ancient cultures (though ancient cultures are mere building blocks, not the finished product). Thailand cannot be compared to any of them, except perhaps to Mexico, and even that draws a long bow.

Thailand is a primitive culture, based on and perpetuated by rank and exploitation. To facilitate this, the powers that be (or were), brought in superstition and savage enforcement. Thailand has a lot to thank USA for this, they developed the modern culture in Thaiuland because it suited their interests, same as always with interfering. I leave aside the acerbic comment that they have some almighty cheek and arrogance to accuse people of interference in the affairs of other countries. The USA wrote that book and has been found out on countless occasions. They foul up everything they touch, and Thailand is/was no exception.

The other book they wrote was about how to lose conflicts, they're the world-beaters at that, but the reality doesn't seem to stop the braggadocio.  They failed at influence by violence and have been slightly more successful at influence by indoctrination and chicanery.

Thailand should recognise the maggot in the apple and plant a new tree. IMHO.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You could do better in Thai?

No, but I would have more pride than to parade around the streets with a banner phrased in idiot Thai, which is the only Thai I speak. Or. I'd have the nous to get someone who isn't an idiot to check it. But then it's probably a face thing, which emphasises the 'ídiot' part of my comment. There's no excuse for idiocy these days.

Besides, your attempt t deflection is motivated by an admiration of or liking for Thais, for whatever reason (you know full well what the reason is), and your own sense of face rebels against any suggestion that you admire stupidity. Hence your question.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

The USA Has an "ancient" culture? Germany? it wasnt even a country until Bismark came along. The Thais had a unified country before Germany did btw.

Really? So is the "elitism" in the West any worse? Ask the Gilet Jaunes.

That is one of the most ignorant statement ever to hit the internet, unless you are talking about the development of Theravada Buddhism as integrated with Satsana Phi as developed in ancient times, which I tend to think you are not.

That is so confused as to be indecipherable. What exactly is your point?

You need to go away and learn some stuff. Everything I said is demonstrably true and the only people who would argue are those who want to think it isn't, despite what facts exist. I can't be bothered arguing with you, I'd sooner try to teach my dog what entanglement means; at least there's an outside chance he'd understand some of it.

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably those who are happy enough living here are right.

I'm happy enough living here, the absence of choices isn't really a factor. Many, perhaps most who are happy living here manage that feat by voluntarily entering the Thai reality distortion zone and not being bright enough to see it for what it is. I have a feeling it was Marx who invented the expression 'useful idiots', but it might have been someone else, it isn't really important enough to check, someone said it for the first time anyway...

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

The USA Has an "ancient" culture? Germany? it wasnt even a country until Bismark came along. The Thais had a unified country before Germany did btw.

Really? So is the "elitism" in the West any worse? Ask the Gilet Jaunes.

That is one of the most ignorant statement ever to hit the internet, unless you are talking about the development of Theravada Buddhism as integrated with Satsana Phi as developed in ancient times, which I tend to think you are not.

That is so confused as to be indecipherable. What exactly is your point?

Millwall eh? OK That puts things in perspective.

Oh, sorry. Did you still expect to be taken seriously?

Millwall...

Edited by HalfLight
  • Haha 1