Your experience with Roojai.com online auto insurance

fittobethaied

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, stevenl said:

Just make sure there is no age related exclusion in the policy conditions.

Thanks for the head's up on the age related exclusion angle. I did email them and I'm afraid the news is not good. It seems that they will only insure drivers aged 20-70 and all claims will be denied if an accident occurs with any driver from 71 up. That makes it a real deal killer for me! Here is the email text:

Thank you for your question.
For the Roojai we accept for 20-70 years, if the driver is over 70 years on that time accident Roojai not cover.

Regarding the No Claims Bonus, the response I got was very favorable, but I'm afraid the age exclusion makes it a no go for me. Here is the email response pertaining to the NCB:

Thank you for email.
As your question, if you get 30% from the current insurance company you will get NCB 30% from Roojai and also if the customer no claim NCB will recalculate with increase 10% each year but NCB maximum at 50%.

As you understood, 1st with 30% 2nd year with no claim should be 40% and the 3rd onward should be 50%.

Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us by reply this email or call to 02 582 8866 Mon- Fri 8.00 - 20.00 Sat -Sun 9.00 - 18.00

• Like 2

Unless it's a big insurer like Viriya that has local office everywhere, the guy on motorcyc that comes when you call the company is likely to be a subcontractor that works for many insurers, so response time for most insurers are the same 

While Roojai's interface is good and gets your the result without much fuss, I found that other online insurers has better price and selection of insurers, the only downside from these other insurers is that they require you to contact and talk to a real person to get a quote, either on the phone or via Line app. and they might need to call you back the next day to confirm things and give you the quote

If you're the sort of person that detest human contact and would like to avoid explaining thing to a Thai person, Roojai is perfect, but it'll cost you, but it may already be cheaper than your local brick and mortar shop insurance agent already. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 5:01 PM, digbeth said:

While Roojai's interface is good and gets your the result without much fuss, I found that other online insurers has better price and selection of insurers, the only downside from these other insurers is that they require you to contact and talk to a real person to get a quote, either on the phone or via Line app. and they might need to call you back the next day to confirm things and give you the quote

If you're the sort of person that detest human contact and would like to avoid explaining thing to a Thai person, Roojai is perfect, but it'll cost you, but it may already be cheaper than your local brick and mortar shop insurance agent already. 

Living in Pattaya and Roojai being close by I went along to their offices yesterday to ask a few questions and satisfy myself as to whether it would be beneficial to me to transfer my car insurance cover to them.

One of their English speaking agents (lady) listened to my queries and explained in detail the companies policies and the cover I was getting,throughout the whole process firstly with getting an online quote and secondly face to face enquiries I can only say in my case was a very positive experience....policy taken out and paid for.....substantial saving on my current one.

Of course with ALL insurance companies we only know if they are any good or not when we need to make a claim.....hopefully as in the past I will not have to.....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 12/22/2018 at 5:19 PM, fittobethaied said:

Next year I will be over 70. Our car is in my wife's name and she is licensed, so I'll just list my wife as the primary driver....she's 55. Then, I will choose the coverage where only those over 30 are allowed to drive the car, so as an unnamed secondary driver I would qualify regardless of being over 70.

Our car is and always has been in wife's name ,she is the primary driver, and we choose the coverage of over 30, and declared husband will drive at age 74 NO PROBLEM competitive pricing, so far we have ten yrs no claims, may it long continue

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 12:01 AM, digbeth said:

I found that other online insurers has better price and selection of insurers

Does this apply to most cars? What other companies / websites do you suggest?  I'm finding Roojai price to be the best for 2+ class insurance.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, CharlieH said:

I dont get why you cant get the value of a replacement as the insured value?? 

Take a car 1yr old cost 700+ and insured value is only 420k ??? So if the car is written off or stolen you take a huge hit !! Doesnt that defeat the purpose ?

The reason is probably that it is very easy for a car to disappear to a neighboring country.

So ‘someone’ could get the full value of his car plus whatever came from a neighboring country.....TIT

Also, if you know that you’ll only get 80% of the value you will be more careful where you park it unattended...

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, anybody claimed with Roojai ?

Have you used the application emergency button ?

Everything is fine ?

Pattaya local brokers are saying that roojai is a pain in case of claim, I guess that these idiots just do not want to accept that Roojai is the only insurance company managed by people with a brain in this country ? I guess that roojai was made by a foreigner ? do you know who ?

thank you.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:43 AM, petermik said:

Living in Pattaya and Roojai being close by I went along to their offices yesterday to ask a few questions and satisfy myself as to whether it would be beneficial to me to transfer my car insurance cover to them.

One of their English speaking agents (lady) listened to my queries and explained in detail the companies policies and the cover I was getting,throughout the whole process firstly with getting an online quote and secondly face to face enquiries I can only say in my case was a very positive experience....policy taken out and paid for.....substantial saving on my current one.

Of course with ALL insurance companies we only know if they are any good or not when we need to make a claim.....hopefully as in the past I will not have to.....:thumbsup:

Can you pay to insure at their office ? 

• 9 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 12:30 PM, rech said:

Hello, anybody claimed with Roojai ?

Have you used the application emergency button ?

Everything is fine ?

Pattaya local brokers are saying that roojai is a pain in case of claim, I guess that these idiots just do not want to accept that Roojai is the only insurance company managed by people with a brain in this country ? I guess that roojai was made by a foreigner ? do you know who ?

thank you.

Anyone who use their health/accident insurance?

As my international travel insurance is about to expire I consider signing up for a accident/emergency insurance locally in Thailand. Good or bad idea?

I can't really answer any of the recent questions about this company but I will just share my experience.

Early last December I needed to renew the insurance on my truck. We had just come to the end of the 1 year free insurance cover on our new truck. Truck is in wife's name. I'm the named driver and I'm 63.

I got Mrs JYY to get some quotes while I was at work. Her cheapest quote for 1st class insurance was 18000bht. After reviving myself with a stiff drink, I went online. I went on the Roojai website and quickly filled in their online quotation. It came back as 8400bht. I called them and they confirmed (In excellent English) that it was correct. I arranged a down-payment of 2300bht on my card followed by 9 monthly payments of 700 and something bht. Next was the online inspection. We called them up, and they inspected the truck via videocall. 

Every step was carried out very efficiently.

Of course, the true test comes when you have to make a claim.

Edited by jaiyenyen