Come one come all! Thailand's tourism top brass in show of confidence

webfact

I'm sure Thai officials would like more tourists. Especially clumsy ones that injure themselves in a pool accident. £60,000 ransom to be allowed to exit the country? Now that's a good tourism racket.

Not sure I would ever visit this country, but I would be very be very cautious if I did. 

18 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

He's waging a campaign against ILLEGAL foreigners, sorry if you feel yourself targeted by his campaign, as it becomes clear that you have an axe to grind with the man in question

An 800,000 baht in bank requirement rather than an income requirement is not a campaign against illegals.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

1,500 officials and volunteers from the Metropolitan police, drugs suppression, immigration, the Ministry and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration

More self important, self-serving hangers-on enjoying a free junket at the tax-payers expense.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

From the reports of the people involved in the arrests, it is very doubtful that you will be deported when accidentally missing a form, and when they change the rules in a way that I no longer meet the requirements I will have to move on.

Same as I expect from foreigners in my home country that don't meet immigration requirements, or are you also fine with that?

The truth is that it's their country, and if you can't agree with the rules, you should not be here, and I'm pretty confident that I will not be shown the door by one Somchai and a pen stroke if i adhere to the rules.

When they visit your house uninvited,and you get grumpy coz they want to see and photo all docs again,they threaten to revoke your visa. Is that in the rules? if so i must have missed that on the forms, do not get grumpy only our dear leader is allowed to get grumpy. ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, maddox41 said:

It's all lies  it's dead here for holiday season in Bkk my friend in phuket is saying its empty  it aren't no holiday season now more but the government and the media look to pretend it's Bussiness  as  usual 

Get with the programme Thailand people are not coming anymore cheaper places to go with less drama.   Its sad really

It appears Koh Chang is also very quiet,Thailand seems to have got a bad reputation for being too dictatorial in every way.

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

When they visit your house uninvited,and you get grumpy coz they want to see and photo all docs again,they threaten to revoke your visa. Is that in the rules? if so i must have missed that on the forms, do not get grumpy only our dear leader is allowed to get grumpy. ????

I am not married so I haven't had the honor of such a visit, but each and every report of such a visit that I have seen on this forum mentioned that the " visitors" were very friendly and polite, and for sure I have never seen any mention about threatening to revoke visas during such visits.

I suggest you stop trolling

• Like 1

It all looks and sound s 

fantastic but 5 months to late

this is quite normal 

one day they might understand that you need to promote Christmas and new year I June 

then Thailand’s tourist areas might be full not half empty as they are now 

I think it would be much better if they have a farang on the tourist board then it might have a chance of working ????????????????

• Like 1