Price of firearms in Thailand

Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

39 minutes ago, grollies said:

So you would look like a dick head with one of these tucked in your pants?

I dont need a gun in my pants to look like a <deleted>. There are some looks that dont require accesorizing.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Yes, maybe shoot off a couple fingers while on a galloping horse like they do in the movies...

I didn’t say you had to kill him, I said you had to be ready to kill him.

If I thought I could kick his a**, I wouldn’t pull my gun out. If he doesn’t stop when you shoot him have to keep shooting until he does stop.

If it’s some big bug-eyed tweeter jonesing for a bump, shoot to kill...

Ok, in the foot then.

And wasn't Clint's gun a '.357 Magnum, will blow your head clean off punk'?

I wasn't serious about winging anyone although it would be hard to get a clean shot whilst riding a horse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

You shoot dead center of mass, and you shoot only when you are stopping the imminent use of deadly physical force against you (or are in your home in the USA).

I personally am an old Rhodesian Drill guy, two to the chest and one to the head. Now they train the  Double Tap, two to the chest.

Ok, the point of humour has passed. I realise this is a serious topic, your posts are excellent and very informative.

I'll stop now, suffice to say this chap shouldn't be anywhere near a firearm, nevermind authorised to conceal-carry.

• Thanks 1

Ok, in the foot then.

And wasn't Clint's gun a '.357 Magnum, will blow your head clean off punk'?

I wasn't serious about winging anyone although it would be hard to get a clean shot whilst riding a horse.

That would likely be a foot-shooter.

While the .357 is/ was a popular weapon with police, Dirty Harry carried a .44...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

That would likely be a foot-shooter.

While the .357 is/ was a popular weapon with police, Dirty Harry carried a .44...

I used to carry a 4" Model 29 in Alaska, with 300 grainers. I couldnt decide what was worse, shooting it or getting chewed on by a b'ar.

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I can tell you that in most states in the US that impose it, thats all it is. 

This is Thailand, not the USA so your comments are not relevant. I for one certainly hope this country never gets anywhere near the gun picture in the US whether it's concealed or otherwise. 

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This is Thailand, not the USA so your comments are not relevant. I for one certainly hope this country never gets anywhere near the gun picture in the US whether it's concealed or otherwise. 

Have you seen the murder statistic in Thailand?

• Thanks 1

If the OP's company wants this arrangement for him then all it has to do is go to a Bangkok gun shop, there are plenty in one particular area somewhere near Chinatown, I think, and ask them how much guns are to buy.

Then he needs to get round the recent amendment to the guns laws that now do not allow foreigners to hold firearm licences.  So much for the "concealed carry certification" process that he is being put through (allegedly).

Edited by Just Weird
  • Thanks 1

"Without going into details, I want to make it clear I hate guns and I don't want to carry one."

This doesn't seem like the right attitude given that the people you are in fear of probably feel exactly the opposite way to you about guns.

And will feel a lot more comfortable pointing their gun at you.

While not thinking of it as "a weapon of last resort".

Edited by Enoon

The thing with that is if I'd said I love guns and I can't wait to have one in my pocket to feel gangsta hard, there would be someone along right soon to say exactly the same as you, but for the opposite reason. Meh.

About the law, my case worker says he expects me to be a Thai Citizen by mid 2019 at the latest. Going through the posts of someone you're jumping to conclusions about is time consuming, of course.

Edited by NilSS
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, NilSS said:

About the law, my case worker says he expects me to be a Thai Citizen by mid 2019 at the latest. Going through the posts of someone you're jumping to conclusions about is time consuming, of course.

Strange that you didn't mention that 6 pages ago in your OP.  Let's hope that you don't get gunned down by the likes of those you're preparing to gun down yourself in the next 6 months or so.  Will your anticipated attackers hold off until you're "certified"?

Case worker?

• Like 1

I would say that while the process of obtaining a firearms license is straightforward for a Thai national, the concealed carry permit is not granted lightly.

As you will be aware, the concealed carry permit is also renewable annually.

It's an interesting topic though. Please do keep us updated with the application progress as it will be a very helpful resource for others.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Strange that you didn't mention that 6 pages ago in your OP.  Let's hope that you don't get gunned down by the likes of those you're preparing to gun down yourself in the next 6 months or so.  Will your anticipated attackers hold off until you're "certified"?

Case worker?

A case worker is your liaison. I mentioned it elsewhere on the forums back in August I don't feel the need to bleat about it: 

Some people say forums are a waste of time. I disagree, I spend a lot of time on the Cisco networking company forums in particular, along with a couple of others, the level of knowledge and the opportunity to learn on places like that is really what the internet was made for. About ThaiVisa, I never really made up my mind. It's certainly full of middle aged kids only too willing to engage in a zero sum game of childish tittle tattle. There are a few decent posters here, crossy in particular is one of the people that keeps me here, but they're all moderators, which leaves for some pretty slim pickings overall.

Edited by NilSS
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, NilSS said:

A case worker is your liaison. I mentioned it elsewhere on the forums back in August I don't feel the need to bleat about it: 

Mentioning something particularly relevant isn't "bleating", it's common sense.  Why should other members have to research all of your previous comments to make sense of this one?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ballpoint said:
On 12/21/2018 at 11:59 AM, simon43 said:

I ditched the business and now I sleep like a new born baby ????

Screaming and sh*tting yourself all night?

No, sucking on some juicy boob.....LoL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1