X-Ray Outlaw: Weekly crackdown nets hundreds more foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, Youlike said:

So why do we have to tell the embassy where we're gonna stay and again write it on that paper in the plane to Thailand?

and when we get off the plane, the condo, hotel or house owner also needs to report that we are staying at the address we wrote when obtaining the visa and on the plane. That's what I call acting in a sinergy

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pib said:

I'm so confused...Big Joke has said before there are no more overstayers left...he found and kicked them all out.  But now he said he just found 45 more.   Since I'm not good at Thai math I will blame my confusion on myself.

45 more have overstayed SINCE he made that announcement.????

"less provocative title of “Operation X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner”.

This "new" title is nonsensical, and, I suppose, typically Thai, who don't seem to want to employ persons well-versed in English usage.  We all know of examples of extreme gobbledygook which has clearly been cobbled together by a Thai who thinks he/she is proficient with the English language.

I presume they meant to say "shine a spotlight" on outlaw foreigners, or something more eloquent than "x-ray".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a little concerned about the "reporting residence" category, as my Thai landlord is not efficient about such.
Is the requirement more stringent for holders of work permits? Are we supposed to re-report every time we exit the Kingdom for a one or two day trip, but return to our same, leased address?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WebGuy said:

and when we get off the plane, the condo, hotel or house owner also needs to report that we are staying at the address we wrote when obtaining the visa and on the plane. That's what I call acting in a sinergy

If only there existed a digital system to sync all of that information. Some sort of a digital data base? Not sure what you would call it, but perhaps in 100 years some Thai genius will invent such a wonder.

• Haha 1