Anti-graft body skips date in Prawit watch case probe

webfact

2 hours ago, dickjones2018 said:

ok one for the experts here...

have a police (let's say) general in the moo baan

15 million baht house

latest mercedes, porsche cayenne, bwm x5, and some other cars

just got his new FERRARI deliverd

all on a government (even) general or high up salary ?

Perhaps he married well? Or has a large inheritance but decided to serve the public?

????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

The ad that pops up is inapropriate.

Learn thai fast, what is that, how to tell lies and run from resposibility.

They dont have to learn it, they do it so well.

My little pop up ad declares "My guy bangs me for 4 hours" which -given the state of Thai politics-is somehow kinda appropriate...

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

And people wonder why some of us say there is no hope for Thailand. This is the reality of things here, corrupt to the core with no end in sight. Corruption and cheating is in their DNA, it’s all they know. It’s how Thai society functions. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, z42 said:

A disgrace, this story is like the Premchai one, the culpability is absolutely blatant and beyond question. The flat out lies and denials don't have anybody fooled. The NACC is a pathetic, pitiful entity that isn't fit to hold such a title.

This fat slug will have his day, as will those who are involved in this dreadful charade

Just like Premchai, he called in sick.

What a translucent load of shit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

How do you know it already hasn't? But being a foreigner here only just gives you the right to bleat like a sheep (for now) and personally I've more important things to occupy my thinking.

good

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 300sd said:

The corruption could get down to you one day, then you would care.

As a guest of the country, you got to play by the book if you want to have less headache. Whether it is paying to the authorities, mafia or other ‘governing body’, so long as it got the process moving, that is the real solution to your problem. Live and let live.

7 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

As a guest of the country, you got to play by the book if you want to have less headache. Whether it is paying to the authorities, mafia or other ‘governing body’, so long as it got the process moving, that is the real solution to your problem. Live and let live.

But as guests, we still have the right here on ThaiVisa to exclaim our disdain for this disgusting behaviour. Many of us have a circle of Thai friends whom we hate to see hurt by the self appointed "leaders" greed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Whether he takes a fall or not won't make a lick of difference in my life, could really care less and besides why get wound up over something like corruption in a country like Thailand? As if your indignation if going to make a difference. lol 

So, in your opinion, no matter what happens in Thailand, we should just accept it and have no opinion on it?  The point is that, with our education system in the West, we are trained to question things and NOT just accept them as fact and incapable of change.  I agree that perhaps our opinions in Thailand do not count for much, if anything at all, but that does not mean we should stop expressing them, and this happens to be the ideal forum to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ctkong said:

Someone wise once told me that the best form of humanity is when you challenge yourself to walk in the shoe of those who experience plight in an unfortunate situation. In the case of Thailand, the unfortunate plight is forced upon them by greedy power crazed military. I empathize with them. You free to choose. 

• Like 2

I am an expatriate in this country for not far seven years. I take care of me and my family and if this guy owns one watch or a hundred watches, for a value of three hundred B or three million B is the least of my worries. But when I read some comments, one would swear that this general had stolen these watches from some members so much they are involved in their answers LOL yes LOL  :cheesy: 

You have to admit, this must be hilarious for those in the den of darkness.  Can you imagine the text messages, giving each other a ribbing on their last BS'ing, from the hip PR announcements, and press.  ...or messaging back and forth...."you take the airline juice, I'll split the train juice with brother x and y, brothers a,b and c didn't do well on the buses, so they're on the hunt for a new trough".  "Oh, by the way how's the townhouse in London, my villa in....."  lol

• Like 1