In a first, Trump makes surprise visit to U.S. troops in Iraq

webfact

11 hours ago, riclag said:

He went to visit the troops   not with Iraq heads of state !

Why were the troops cheering after trump told blatant lies, even after lying about their pay increases, just totally weird, came across as farcical.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Why were the troops cheering after trump told blatant lies, even after lying about their pay increases, just totally weird, came across as farcical.

Yes, you nailed it: "farcical",  it's really weird of him to be able to blalantly lie on such a topic directly in the face the troops who cheered the USA, just to confort his audience - delighted - at home with nice pictures. 

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Calm down.

Nobody ‘desires to punish those on the front line - just to get at Trump’.

Your getting far too emotional, again.

I do like your cute attempt at baiting people.

It's rather immature though, isn't it? Trying to get a rise out of people by claiming they are already excited/angry.

Mind you - it's perhaps the best way to get away with the fact you don't actually have a point. CNN and the prior poster here are both quite adamant that troops have committed an offence and should be punished.

It's like a knee jerk for those with TDS like yourself. Everything must be vilified and don't forget the messengers too!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

MAGA is a campaign slogan. A picture is not. And if there is any doubt about the political dimension of Trump's appearance at the airbase, he specifically targeted Democrats in his speech. Just when you think he can't go any lower... OK, I lied there. If there's one thing I'm convinced of is that Trump will always be able to find a way to go lower.

You do understand that the campaign is over, right?

He got elected 2 years ago. Jeez - I know Hillary supporters are in denial but calling MAGA a campaign slogan in what is almost 2019 is ludicrous.

I presume you'd also rail on the troops for calling out "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" right?

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

You do understand that the campaign is over, right?

He got elected 2 years ago. Jeez - I know Hillary supporters are in denial but calling MAGA a campaign slogan in what is almost 2019 is ludicrous.

I presume you'd also rail on the troops for calling out "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too" right?

So Trump isn't running again? Funny, I read that he's already accumulated a campaign war chest of over 100 million. But thanks for the news. That's a big relief.

• Like 1

So Trump isn't running again? Funny, I read that he's already accumulated a campaign war chest of over 100 million. But thanks for the news. That's a big relief.
Actually Individual-1 started running for 2020 right after its "largest crowd' inauguration.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikebike said:

Even more questionable was that he demanded the uniformed Iraqi PM meet him at the airbase upon landing... the PM was in another part of the country... apparently 45's avoiding of international protocol has upset the Iraqi parliament and they are now calling for US troop withdrawal... We'll done Donald.

That was the point I’ve been trying to make.  The man has no respect, and deserves none himself.  He is sad case for a man, less a president 

• Like 1