Desperate to stay in Thailand "Overstay ALI" changes name to ALY

webfact

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I wonder what tipped them off as he did get through airport, would not surprise me if someone dobbed him in

Don't underestimate the Immigration database.  He probably returned to the same residence he used in the past. That got correlated with the name similarity.  "Hey, look at this..."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

'Western European' immigration should come to a learning trip to Thailand. Thai immigration could show how to throw out useless 'I love your country' -people.

The UK put 26,215 illegal immigrants into detention last year, how many has Operation X-ray foreigner caught so far?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Don't underestimate the Immigration database.  He probably returned to the same residence he used in the past. That got correlated with the name similarity.  "Hey, look at this..."

Not to mention "date of birth" as another reference point... 

2 hours ago, overherebc said:
2 hours ago, dddave said:

Facial recognition software is pretty good nowadays as well.

6 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

'Western European' immigration should come to a learning trip to Thailand. Thai immigration could show how to throw out useless 'I love your country' -people.

So could Egyptian immigration. They might catch a few of the many Thais that are living and working in their country illegally.

8 hours ago, Lemonltr said:
9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The UK put 26,215 illegal immigrants into detention last year, how many has Operation X-ray foreigner caught so far?

But how many were deported? 

None. They were all given a council house!