Burger King Central Pattaya runs out of French Fries - lolllll

bbi1

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to indulge in a bit of French Fries or get a Value Meal Set at Burger King Central Pattaya don't bother trying to order them today. They've run out of fries!! Went there around 3:30pm to order some fries and the lady said they've run out lol. Come back tomorrow lol. This is the first time I've come across any Burger King or any fast food restaurant running out of fries or any other items on the menu, but hey this is Thailand and seems common for many restaurants to run out of items on the menus they sell. In the West it's always bad when a restaurant has something on the menu and a customer is told they've run out but hey, we're in Thailand ???? Maybe they weren't expecting so many customers to come during the peak season.

Just now, NanLaew said:

Last year, or maybe it was the year before, Carl's Jr in Central ran out of burger patties. May even have been nationwide.

Lolllll....so people had to order their burgers without their patties? It became a vege burger? lol

19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Last year, or maybe it was the year before, Carl's Jr in Central ran out of burger patties. May even have been nationwide.

I remember the CJ's outage... At the time, CJ told me it certainly was all their BKK locations, at least. Pretty amazing...  But then again, their beef at least is imported, which puts their fate into the hands of Thai customs. And everyone knows what a mess that is...

And very likely the logistics company which has a contract to ensure nothing ever runs out will get fined heavily by BK. 

I wonder how long it took for the supply chain / logistics supplier (usually all ingredients) took to get some new stock on the BK premises?

The performance contract between the restaurant and the logistics supply company, has no flexibility and often has at least 2 fines based on the performance contact to keep the restaurant fully supplied at all times:

1.  Logistics company pays a fine because the restaurant could not fulfill customers orders.

2.  Further fine based on the total time it took to get new stock on the restaurant premises. 

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And very likely the logistics company which has a contract to ensure nothing ever runs out will get fined heavily by BK. 

I wonder how long it took for the supply chain / logistics supplier (usually all ingredients) took to get some new stock on the BK premises?

The performance contract between the restaurant and the logistics supply company, has no flexibility and often has at least 2 fines based on the performance contact to keep the restaurant fully supplied at all times:

1.  Logistics company pays a fine because the restaurant could not fulfill customers orders.

2.  Further fine based on the total time it took to get new stock on the restaurant premises. 

In a similar vein, I'm a big fan of American style hash browns, and one of the few places I know of in BKK that have/serve them is the IHOP outlet in Siam Paragon. And not surprisingly, they import their hash brown from the U.S., I believe, from an IHOP vendor.

Several times in the past year, IHOP Paragon has gone out of hash browns for weeks/months at a time, saying they couldn't get stock in time from their import supplier.  And it's not like the IHOPs in the U.S. were out of hash browns or there was a national potato/hash browns shortage at the time.

So pretty clearly, it was an imports to Thailand issue. Why such things need to occur in today's modern era of high tech logistics and international business is a mystery to me.

In 1999 or so, I ordered two ice-cream cones from the girl at Baskin and Robbins in Udon (at that time).  She gave me the ice-cream I ordered in two cups.  I asked that she put the ice-cream in cones.  "No have," she replied.

Not long after that, B&R closed and Swenson's took over.

I was in a Steak n Shake in West County St Louis and ordered a double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions. I was informed they were out of onions. I asked, "how does a hamburger joint run out of onions". The manager on duty told me "sorry but they would be delivered tomorrow". I suggested they could get some from the Schnucks  Supermarket across the street. The manager informed me they couldn't buy retail, only from the delivery service. I told him a good manager regardless of policy would go across the street, buy 10 pounds of onions out of pocket, so he would not have to tell customers they have no onions. 

I recall many years ago staying with friends in a big hotel with a dental clinic attached in Chiang mai.

Breakfast was included in the room rate.

When we went to breakfast first morning, they asked if we wanted bread, and so they went to the 7/11 to buy bread.

When we said we wanted fried eggs, they went to the 7/11 again to buy eggs

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Happened a few times to me at Sizzlers.....but they only tell it when you sit down, got salad already and are waiting for the food...so we walked out leaving the salad on the table.

One time we had a surprise visit from an outer family member, a 45 year old overweight very loud over the top ladyboy, always desperate to be noticed, who always dresses 50/50 M/F clothes and with way too much make up and he was accompanied by a very similar friend.

Some close friends had invited us to the restaurant as a celebration for their son getting his degree and I had given him a lot of coaching in many of his courses and to prepare him for several final exams, and they insisted on picking us up (me, my Thai son, son's wife and their 2 young kids). They arrived to pick us up just 10 minutes after the ladyboy and friend had arrived.

The host asked the LB & friend to join us.

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant the LB & friend started their normal loud carry on, being demanding, and making everybody embarrassed.

Menus came the the LB + friend tried to get too friendly with the young waiter, eventually annoyed host said politely, please order I want to eat. LB + friend now acting offended. Waiter mentioned clearly that we had access to the quite well stocked salad bar but any salad not eaten would have to be paid for. LB + friend now get abusive with the waiter and tell him he is rude.

LB+ friend now proceed to take full size dinner plates from a nearby trolley and overfill the plates at the salad bar and bring them to the table. They continue this process until the host and myself mention there is too much salad, we can't eat it. LB + friend now say, the waiter is rude so they took so much salad and 'they can't charge you for it', it's illegal because you take what you want with no limit at Pizza Hut / company'. Plus LB + friend have also ordered 4 additional seafood dishes (whole fish and large prawn), way more than needed

By this stage everybody is wanting to leave, food has arrived and is eaten quickly and the host asks for the bill. A cashier person comes with a large tray and the massive amount of uneaten salad (some 8 or 9 overfilled dinner plates) is taken away to be weighed. Bill comes, charge for uneaten salad is 2,600Baht.

Host goes to cashier desk and asks for the bill to be split into 2 bills; food and salad. Host returns and gives the salad bill to the loudest LB. By this stage the host is really pissed off because the celebration for his son has been totally ruined. Host apologizes to myself, my son and his wife and host leaves quickly paying the food bill on the way out.

My son quietly tells his wife to get the children outside and then son and myself quickly depart..

LB + friend left sitting there, LB with bill for 2,600Baht in his hand. They try to quickly follow us, but the manager has ordered 2 security guards to stand near the table. LB + friend inist they have no money.

Police are called LB + friend taken to police station. From the police station they call quite a number of LB friends to came and give them enough money to pay the bill. Six hours later they had enough to pay the bill, police took them back to the restaurant and pay the bill and manager insists they apologize to his staff for their behavior.  

LB + friend never visited us again and told other families members that the farang (me) and his Thai son not nice people so stingy and don't care about family.

Since that time in our own family we often joke about salad.

Archived