Groups want liquor sellers to be held accountable for alcohol-related road accidents

webfact

Yep sound reasoning.  And make the oil companies responsible for the air pollution. Come to think of it that could be a good idea.  Pump out a million barrels of oil and plant an equivalent amount of trees to offset emissions caused by the combustion of that oil.  I know gone off topic a bit.. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and cigarette sellers! and sex workers (for STDs) and schools and universities!  hell why not make Italian Restaurants accountable for making people overweight? 

or you could just promote SELF-RESPONSIBILITY now wouldn't that be different in this age of PC, Nanny State BS where everyone is protected against themselves 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

CIVIL SOCIETY has demanded that bars and restaurants take responsibility for alcohol-related road accidents, emphasising that it is high time law-enforcers dust off a long-ignored law.

And what does this "Civil Society" think will happen if a pissed-up Thai is told by a bar girl/manager/waitress that he's had enough!

The fragile Thai male ego's boiler would blow the safety valve into outer space!

3 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Typical - blame anyone or anything except yourself - don't accept responsibility for your actions.  Have the bar owners and liquor vendors do the policing!  A breathalyzer in every 7-Eleven!!

Yep! I don't know why they don't go a bit further and blame foreigners...I mean, they invented these two & four well potential killers in the first place.

Not just resellers surely, manufacturers, tax collectors from the producers and while you are at it include police, road builders, car retailers and manufacturers and all in the chain in between. I would reserve the strongest action for those companies that make steering wheels and accelerator and brake pedals as misuse of any or all is what leads to this carnage. 

1 hour ago, hobz said:

I have this radical idea that the drunk drivers should be held responsible. And maybe the incompetent traffic police, they have blood on their hands.

I was extremely tired yesterday and was let through a useless checkpoint without having to blow.. I must have looked Drunk yet they let me go without checking. They are useless and lazy.

Driving when tired is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Being awake 18 hours straight would make you drive as if your blood alcohol level was 0.05, after 24 hours 0.10. 

50 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Yep sound reasoning.  And make the oil companies responsible for the air pollution. Come to think of it that could be a good idea.  Pump out a million barrels of oil and plant an equivalent amount of trees to offset emissions caused by the combustion of that oil.  I know gone off topic a bit.. 

Carbon offsets have been a thing for some time.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Groups  should hold  themselves  accountable instead.

Only one  person is responsible, how  hard  can it  be ? "the  consumer"

I agree.  Why not also blame the vehicle manufacturers, since without them, there would be no accidents.  Blame the Electricity suppliers as well for all electrocutions and pool makers for all drownings in pools  etc etc.    Nobody wants to accept responsibility for their own actions.

2 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Driving when tired is just as dangerous as drunk driving. Being awake 18 hours straight would make you drive as if your blood alcohol level was 0.05, after 24 hours 0.10. 

Driving tired is an offence in many places.

Australia has long had a policy of free coffee for drivers at roadhouses.

Groups want liquor sellers to be held accountable for alcohol-related road accidents

and so it continues...

society, "groups", netizens, whatever you want to call it, it is more important for them to publicly show their outrage when a naked breast is perceived to have damaged some sort of reputation in a back-water locale, but when an infant is slaughtered by a drunk motorist - that is karma...

So, just continue blaming everyone but yourself, that is the formula that you have been using since birth. As Thai society, it is your job to condemn drunk driving with the same vehemence you do that naked breast and it is your job to hold the police accountable for their laziness and failure. Grow up and do your job.

23 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I assume that none of you Westerners are familiar with Dram Shop Laws? Quite prevelent in the West. Guess its not Thainess at its most extravagant then?

I'd never heard of Dram Shop Laws, until I just googled it. It's a weirdly named American law. 

I was aware that in Australia, in my former State, under the liquor licensing laws, "it is an offence to serve alcohol to drunk people". Some staff from retail outlets have been prosecuted for this offense. 

Obviously such laws couldn't work in Thailand where liquor can be bought in any corner store and it would be impossible to control sales in the same way.

Vive la difference. Thailand should look at the real problem and stop trying to muddy the waters.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

Groups  should hold  themselves  accountable instead.

Only one  person is responsible, how  hard  can it  be ? "the  consumer"

The problem is, the Thai's don't know anything about "responsibility for your own behavor" !!!! 

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

And what does this "Civil Society" think will happen if a pissed-up Thai is told by a bar girl/manager/waitress that he's had enough!

The fragile Thai male ego's boiler would blow the safety valve into outer space!

same, same but different.  :giggle:

ball back going home.jpg

Daft......????

Next it will be sue a car manufacturer for providing to much HP that caused an accident, not the driver...????

Shop.."Are you driving a vehicle sir" ?

"No"....

"That's OK then, was that three cases of Chang"

"Yes"....????

This is really not that different than anywhere else in the world bars and even homeowners have been legally responsible for people that drink and drive.

Saying that it us only the person responsible is B S we have all thought we were not. That drink and found out different.

The cops need to set up inside of bar areas where thais go as soon as you put key in ignition have them blow if they are over then charge them and close the bar for an hour.

I want God held responsible for skin cancer, forest fires, drouts, floods, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, storms, tsunamis, worms that infect the eyes of children, scorpion bites, snake bites, angry elephants who cause damage and death, and my wife's PMT.

2 minutes ago, Lucky mike said:

So hold pharmacists responsible for overdose deaths ?, gun stores for shootings ?, tv for Thai soaps showing violence?, just ultimate stupidity why not accept some personal responsibility ?

Lets not forget the tourist who was sexually assaulted and was deemed her fault for wearing a bikini on a beach...????

1 hour ago, Sir Swagman said:

Not just resellers surely, manufacturers, tax collectors from the producers and while you are at it include police, road builders, car retailers and manufacturers and all in the chain in between. I would reserve the strongest action for those companies that make steering wheels and accelerator and brake pedals as misuse of any or all is what leads to this carnage. 

Brake manufacturers and fitters are the real villains without a doubt - just look at the truly alarming rate of brake failures...

Archived