how many times a day do you poop whilst living in Thailand

ghworker2010

Totally depends on diet.  If you are eating alot of spicy local food,  fibrous veggies, and lots of bird chillies, then 3-4 times a day is a par.  If on typical western greasy, cheese and potatoes diet, then that would probably be a double bogie.

I wonder how many TVF regulars ( pun intended) are sitting on the throne right now crimping off a good sized cigar reading this topic and thinking hmmmm that’s interesting [emoji848][emoji848]

I really should get myself a hobby I spend too much time thinking up this sh!t ( another pun intended ) [emoji854]

• Haha 1

I think you might have worded your "headder"...slightly differently if seeking sincere information.

I thought to myself after seeing it ..."Jeeeez...what's next".

Probably lost a few contributers as soon as they read the headline?

On 1/2/2019 at 11:54 PM, swissie said:

Who says that the threads on TVF are getting more boring by the day? This thread proves the opposite. Us regular TVF posters have grown into a brotherhood of intimate friends, not afraid of sharing intimate details of our daily lives.
We have liberated ourselves to the point where we can freely talk about s*it.

I suggest we all install web-cams in our toilets to deepen the experience and increase the bondage among TVF members.

Not to forget: As "the internet never forgets", our grandchildren will be able to review granddad's comments concering s*it and bowel movements in a public forum.

As the trust among the brotherhood of TVF members has reached such a climax, inevitably we will be exchanging Bank Account numbers plus Pin-Codes soon.:clap2:

i find this website good for comparisons..... others may not agree.

https://www.numbertwoguide.com/rate-my-poo/

Once a day first thing in the morning, all my life.  I did develop diverticulitis (basically wrinkling of the bowel and fairly common) at age 50 which had me running 5 or 6 times a day for a while.  Doctor advised that my body senses the wrinkles but mistakes it for faeces so a constant feeling of needing to sit on the head but with mostly a nil return for effort.  Doctor was correct in advising me to ignore it and let the body get used to it.  After a few weeks the desire waned and I have never had a problem since.

However I strongly believe my regular consumption of as natural as possible yoghurt all my life (especially after an antibiotic course) has had a lot to do with my rarely having any stomach problems.

• Like 1

Never mind about what the 'average' is for a given population. Most of the western world it seems have a terrible diet and how often they poop shouldn't be used as a guide to optimal.

According to the experts (read 'Gut' and Jensen for example), you should be defecating after each main meal, so if that's three meals a day, at least three times a day on the pot. It is also usual to poop first thing in the morning. In that case everything is moving through the system properly. If you poop only once a day you are 'backing up' and need to consider changing your diet.

I eat a diet rich in veggies and fruit. Don't drink alcohol. Am fit and healthy. I poop four times a day.

I've found after 3.5yrs in LOS your frequency and output can have too many variables.. From solids, to loose, to watery can have a paramount bearing on your diet and quality of food intake..

My wife and myself take worm tablets monthly, such as Benda 500.. And we keep on hand Tinidazole 500mg for any parasitic infections from giardiasis and amoebiasis which are ever so common here and in SE Asia (normally needed several times a year) , where typical anti-diarrhea meds don't work..

Meats and vegetables from the supermarket or local street market should be washed in a water solution with added salt, and soaked for at least 5 min to kill off any bugs etc that may be present.. Otherwise worms and parasites can enter your gut.. When you are eating out you are at the mercy of the hygiene in their kitchens..

In The Netherlands it was usually 1 time a day. 

In Thailand it's anywhere between 1 - 3 times a day. I am sure it's because of the diet. I don't eat bread here, for example. And when it's 3 times, it's usually 3 times in short succession, perhaps in the course of 1 to 2 hours.

On 1/2/2019 at 11:54 PM, swissie said:

Who says that the threads on TVF are getting more boring by the day? This thread proves the opposite. Us regular TVF posters have grown into a brotherhood of intimate friends, not afraid of sharing intimate details of our daily lives.
We have liberated ourselves to the point where we can freely talk about s*it.

I need specifics !   1. consistency    2.  color (please use colors commonly known.....mauve might not work

3. paper (scented or regular)  or bum gum to clean   4. easier at home or at public bathroom   5.  percentage of posters on TV that you think should shit more often   (full of it)    6.  oh, lets not get into the smell !

outahere......feel one coming

Usually twice a day, but less than a minute to do the job. My ex called me the salad shooter as I eat lots of raw veggies and fruits, more since I've been in Thailand.

My Thai GF has taken up my diet too and has been pleasantly surprised at the new ease and frequency of her vowel movements. 

Of course everybody is different but it seems apparent that low residence time in the gut of waste material is intuitively important for a healthy bowel. Also, doctors seem to agree that if your diet has the requisite roughage, one or two moderately sized banana-shaped lumps are indicative or a proper diet and ease of elimination is a real plus for me.

Personal foible perhaps but I shudder at hearing all the extended moaning and groaning going on with the heavy fat and meat consumers in the toilet. Refined flour is a real culprit too. Sugar, startch, fat, and meat are not diet mainstays. Vegetable protein is good but I'm not a vegan/vegetarian. I do avoid red meat though which is easy since it's so expensive here. 

You are what you eat, like it or not. 

Sorry if I sound sanctimonious, but I took a nutrition course in college and it changed my world. I've been careful about my diet ever since.

Stepping off the soapbox now and end of sermon. 

I have to say that I am envious of those posters who manage a trip to the loo twice a day, because my average here is about once every three days and towards the end of that time I'm feeling very bloated.

I went to the hospital to get checked out by a gastroenterologist who gave me a colonoscopy and gave me the all clear and recommended that I drink more water and include more fibre in my diet.

This I did and do and no change, in fact I have tried the psyllium husk in water twice a day, as well as Mucillin and other various fibres designed to lighten one's load, so to speak, but all to no avail.

So I did a bit more research and found that I am probably one of those few that has a slow digestive system and in fact taking fibre doesn't really do this any good because it just tends to sit there, so taking extra fibre doesn't do the job for me.

However help seems to be at hand because there was another thread on here about constipation and one poster, in conjunction with Sheryl, pointed out that there is drug available which can help speed up this process (no not a laxative per se) and which helps to get the internal system working a little more efficiently, so I'm going to try and access that through the hospital here in a few days.

It's a wonder what one can find when trawling through the bowels of Thaivisa (pun intended).

• Like 1

Normal after 7 mugs of black coffee in the morning..... saying that finished my 7 coffees 6 hours ago and nothing, so will see tomorrow...   wish the weather would get warmer as have to P

ee a lot when cold 3x times in the night and within 2 hours all day long.... hate the cold.

No you not need to go back to thr Gasto. It is normal here to go to the toilet due to the food ETC. I had my first colo. when I was 28, now had 13 mor times every three years. It is not possible to grow a polop in under 7 years approx. Normal time to revisit is 3 to 5 years. I am due again February