Thailand after Three years living back home.

aioline

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, great. And how often do you actually party somewhere until 3 or 4 or 6?

When I was a little younger and some places in Thailand were still open all night I was out sometimes until 3 or 4. But if you would have asked me a day or two later if something special happened after 2am my honest answer would have been: I got more drunk and spent more money - and that's about it.

But maybe you are different. Enjoy!

The point is - there is no 24/7 life in Thailand anymore outside of 711

Believe it or not, there are even after clubs in Europe which OPEN at 6am.

Not everyone is drunken a papa with coco in hand by 11pm.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Then why would they allow you to date them? Oops! Silly question.

I admit. My "game" is over in Canada. There is still a chance I could snatch a fresh off the boat 20 year my junior SE Asian like it happened just before I left for Thailand, but in all honesty I can't be bothered as I am a long term type of person and none would them would be interested in me after a year because I wouldn't treat them like a princesses that they are('nt) and shower them with Prada bags.

I lived and worked in Thailand for 12 years but have been involved with Thais and Thailand since 1980.  Although I like Thailand, I'm not in love with it.  It's got a lot of pro's and con's.  I'm glad that I returned to my home country when I did back in 2001.  At some point when I retire I will probably spend somewhere between 5-7 months out of the year in Thailand.  Unless the visa requirements get to be too much of a problem then I will seek somewhere else to escape the cold northern hemisphere winters.

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

What do you do if your wife puts the hard word on you?

Lol, she knows when I say I have had too much to drink, it ain't going to happen, although she will try, but eventually accepts the shops is shut.

Few weeks back I put this 23 year old in the sack on a Friday night as the Mrs was coming off her monthlies any day, and I thought I'm safe, unbeknown to me she had other planes, and put me in the sack on the Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, come Friday I was farked as I am not as young as I used to be and 4 in a week is a lot for me, 2 is the norm, sometimes 3, but the main thing is the Mrs was happy, that's the important part and I am still alive as it's not 4 in one day, last time I tried that a decade ago, I had a heart attack, no $hit ????

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lol, she knows when I say I have had too much to drink, it ain't going to happen, although she will try, but eventually accepts the shops is shut.

Few weeks back I put this 23 year old in the sack on a Friday night as the Mrs was coming off her monthlies any day, and I thought I'm safe, unbeknown to me she had other planes, and put me in the sack on the Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, come Friday I was farked as I am not as young as I used to be and 4 in a week is a lot for me, 2 is the norm, sometimes 3, but the main thing is the Mrs was happy, that's the important part and I am still alive as it's not 4 in one day, last time I tried that a decade ago, I had a heart attack, no $hit ????

I assume you've heard the Thai expression som nam na.

Twice a week is enough for me now, I never was a stud.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:05 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

You can't get that where you are now? Really?

The thing I would miss most is not living in danger of being wiped out by a lunatic driver. That is priceless.

Going on three years here and 98% of my discontent is the near certainty of dying or getting mangled by somebody not paying attention to what they're driving. 

That said, 98% of my happiness and contentment is the fantastic Thai lady I met who is living with me. 

Breaking even I guess. As good as it gets. 

Of course being from America I have little to no respect incentive to return to that embarrassing cluster-<deleted>. 

Nor do majority of people think going to clubs @6 am are a critical life need. Really? If you have to party that hard to satisfy yourself, somethings amiss in your life. Most people don't need that kind of extreme activity to be happy and satisfied with life.

1 minute ago, jerojero said:
On 1/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, AtoZ said:

Nor do majority of people think going to clubs @6 am are a critical life need. Really? If you have to party that hard to satisfy yourself, somethings amiss in your life. Most people don't need that kind of extreme activity to be happy and satisfied with life.

True that, I was speaking in general terms about 24 hr @AtoZ, but even finding a nearby 24 hr Gas station for a pint a milk after 11:00 p.m. can be troublesome in my city, off licences sale finish at 10:00 p.m., the city is very quiet after 11:00 pm., and then there is the point that some people don't work 9 to 5. But I agree totally @jerojero

On 1/6/2019 at 1:00 PM, Hanuman2547 said:

I lived and worked in Thailand for 12 years but have been involved with Thais and Thailand since 1980.  Although I like Thailand, I'm not in love with it.  It's got a lot of pro's and con's.  I'm glad that I returned to my home country when I did back in 2001.  At some point when I retire I will probably spend somewhere between 5-7 months out of the year in Thailand.  Unless the visa requirements get to be too much of a problem then I will seek somewhere else to escape the cold northern hemisphere winters.

Great to hear it worked out for you, woo 12 years is massive, I enjoyed my 3.5 years there and learned so much!. I would return but in an ideal world would rather spend just the colder European months there, but if I got a good job with a western company in Thailand or was retired I'd be there.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, aioline said:

Benefits of living at Home:

Better/More career opportunities and financially growth.

Family and the feeling of security living as a citizen.

Access to date Women a wider scope of nationalities.

of course there aren't career options in Thailand.  Everyone knows this after one month.

family knows why you came to Thailand.  lol

feeling of security?  that's in your head.  If you are a farang, you are very, very, very secure.  Tourists hold a lot of power in Thailand, especially if from the right country.  Never once had a security problem.  Yes, you aren't a citizen, but i'm confused.  anyhow.

access to date...... Access?  Actually, I'm sure English isn't your first language, so I'll give you a pass.  I wish my second-language was this good.  However, you don't say "access" like they are accessible.  UNLESS (LOL) you have been living in Thailand too long and now think about women differently.  

good luck.  

28 minutes ago, puukao said:

of course there aren't career options in Thailand.  Everyone knows this after one month.

family knows why you came to Thailand.  lol

feeling of security?  that's in your head.  If farang, we are very, very, very secure.  Tourists hold a lot of power in Thailand, especially if from the right country.  Never once had a security problem.  Yes, you aren't a citizen, but i'm confused.  anyhow.

access to date...... Access?  Actually, I'm sure English isn't your first language, so I'll give you a pass.  I wish my second-language was this good.  However, you don't say "access" like they are accessible.  UNLESS (LOL) you have been living in Thailand too long and now think about women differently.  

good luck.  

OMG, come on man lol, this kind of reply stinks of hatred. I apologize for the human race for you, surely your not wasting your life with these taught's, anyways each to there own, I respect everyone's including your opinion. Please note: English is not my native language, thanks buddy ????

Archived