Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

18 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Also the fact is that most of the Eastern European migrants send a lot of the money they earn back to their home countries. That money is therefore taken out of our economy. If the jobs they are doing were taken by UK citizens those citizens would spend that money in the UK, helping our economy. 

Therefore what's your view of the income British workers make abroad? Say working in IT in other countries or perhaps working in the oil fields?

What is your view towards British pensioners in Thailand, who take their pension money from UK and spend those moneys, which should stay in circulation inside UK, and spend their pensions in Thailand? Isn't that likewise bad for UK's economy and therefore probably should be disallowed?

The reason Britts complain about foreigners still jobs from them it's a punch of krap.... Britts don't want to work, they only want a JOB not work, but preferable a job requiring sitting in the office all day and end of the week, collect pay check.....foreigners will do any type of work to survive and feed their families, Britts don't want these types of jobs, the ones where they may get dirty hands and dirty cloths, if so they can't go to the pub and have a couple pints, all the blame on foreigners it's an easy escape, they don't have to face the reality

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Most British pensioners still pay tax on their incomes and will do until the day they die. In effect I am partly paying for my FROZEN State pension.

As a British State pensioner I am not entitled to any of the benefits that British pensioners get in the UK and also in the EU who get equal benefits as the EU but also take their pensions out of the UK and spend it to the benefit of the EU.

I live in Thailand and my pension isn't frozen and I'm entitled to all the benefits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I live in Thailand and my pension isn't frozen and I'm entitled to all the benefits.

But have you informed the DWP where you live in Thailand and how long you have been here, or are you still registered as living in the UK at the same address as your family?

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But have you informed the DWP where you live in Thailand and how long you have been here, or are you still registered as living in the UK at the same address as your family?

You're on the right lines but I have a different address in the UK to my family.

I was briefly on Disability Living Allowance in the UK, 12 years ago, phoned the DWP several times to tell them that I no longer qualified. Didn't cancel it for 5 years until I reached my 60th birthday. Not going to phone them again, waste of time.

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

qualified nurses can be had reasonably cheap from PI

qualified physicians, reasonably cheap from Russia

But nurses and the lower levels of Dr don't make enough (30k) to get a visa to work in the UK under the government's new immigration rules.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nontabury said:

Correct, there has been a noticeable increase in the numbers of people who now want to leave this so called union.

Well in that case you should be happy to have another referendum to confirm it .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I've seen those stats before.  But I don't think they take into account the migrants' use of services such as the NHS and schools and the inherent cost of this.

It did take into account those costs.

Indeed, what other costs are there to having them here ?

19 minutes ago, tebee said:

But nurses and the lower levels of Dr don't make enough (30k) to get a visa to work in the UK under the government's new immigration rules.

no sweat tebee,

just let the elderly, the ailed and those in need in UK perish without help

will just cost you a bob or 2 in digging some graves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

Most British pensioners still pay tax on their incomes and will do until the day they die. In effect I am partly paying for my FROZEN State pension.

As a British State pensioner I am not entitled to any of the benefits that British pensioners get in the UK and also in the EU who get equal benefits as the EU but also take their pensions out of the UK and spend it to the benefit of the EU.

Your bed, you chose it stop moaning - you can always come home and help make Britain Great again rather than pontificating to virtually no-one from Nakhon Nowhere - in the Land of Democracy and transparent government. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well as someone who actually lived in a miners area( Cortonwood Collier, Brampton Beirlow, look up the significance ) during this period, I accuse you of spouting complete nonsense. But then what do we expect from someone who has never travelled north of Watford.

So, did you support the miners strike?

Scab is specifically used to describe a strikebreaker, but never heard of the hard right supporting the strike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Well as someone who actually lived in a miners area( Cortonwood Collier, Brampton Beirlow, look up the significance ) during this period, I accuse you of spouting complete nonsense. But then what do we expect from someone who has never travelled north of Watford.

Nor probably had to do a proper day's work in her life

• Haha 1