Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

You disprove it.

Take a university wallah and see how he gets on working on a building site or a job that requires practicality and see for yourself.

You'll give him a shovel or a wheel barrow and he'll spend the next twenty minutes looking for the starter button!

More nonsense. Pathetic really.

But more evidence how devoid from common sense some Brexiteers are.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

They may not have attended 'uni' but had much more experience of real life and having to earn a living.

It's common knowledge and a well known fact that those with higher levels of education have attained those levels at the price of common sense.

Common sense is common, so how will you differentiate yourself in the workplace? Learn a skill or get a qualification! We're not going to leave the EU because people decline to learn!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Common sense is common, so how will you differentiate yourself in the workplace? Learn a skill or get a qualification! We're not going to leave the EU because people decline to learn!

The biggest reason people will lose jobs from now on isn't smelly cheap immigrants. It's technology, artificial intelligence, and obsolescence of skills. For sure, a strong UK depends on remaining in the EU, retooling, retraining the workforce for a modern world, not bemoaning the taking of legacy jobs, which will disappear anyway.

42 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The unemployment figures can be deceptive with many on minimum hours employment schemes and many in their late teens and twenties registered as 'students'.

Look at the economically inactive figures for those of working age as well. There are over 8.5 million of them.

Our manufacturing base has been drastically reduced in the few decades we've been in the various versions of the EU. More people are now employed in the public sector of the UK than in our manufacturing industries.

Where do you get 8.4M economically inactive from? The retired? Under 8s?

Just take a look around British towns and cities and you'll see our young unemployed youth loitering about while foreign scabs are doing the jobs our people have traditionally worked at for donkeys' years.

And as we all know young men with time on their hands invariably get up to no good. This free movement of labour is turning the UK into a social disaster zone particularly in our urban areas. Just so employers can access cheap labour.

Is this a problem only found in UK or does other EU members suffer from similar activities where other EU members take the jobs, which the local youths don't take?

If it is, then why? 

Too late now, what's done cannot be undone. The UK's greatest bargaining card was alway's the "threat" of leaving. You've made your bed, lie in it. As a by-product we do have some insight into the motivation and true intention of politicians. No cloud without a silver lining. Reminds me of a song: 

Ha! Some hope.

You disprove it.

Take a university wallah and see how he gets on working on a building site or a job that requires practicality and see for yourself.

You'll give him a shovel or a wheel barrow and he'll spend the next twenty minutes looking for the starter button!

Doing simple tasks like digging holes with a shovel, picking cucumbers, cleaning rooms in hotels, washing cars, Hamburger making by mc donalds, lawn mowing, etc.

I did not know that the brexiters are so keen on these jobs. 

Great wealth is not there to be expected.

This is where research, knowledge, new processes, new technologies and new products are much more economically important for a location in a globalized world. Ask Vacuum Cleaner Dyson why he builds his new technology center in Singapore.

Furthermore, in order for the new products to be competitive in the long term, a company needs large quantities in order to achieve cost-reduction effects. In turn, you need access to a large market. 

So far, British researchers have been highly successful in competing for funding. The European Commission's EU research program Horizon 2020 alone has received 4.6 billion euros since 2014, according to the authors of the analysis. And the UK has coordinated more projects under Horizon 2020 than any other country. With 3515 projects, the British are ahead of Spain with 2358 and ahead of Germany with 2106 projects. "In the case of a no-deal Brexit, Britain loses around 45 percent of its research grants," says Mike Galsworthy, director of the "Scientists for the EU" campaign. That would be according to his calculations, almost 580 million euros per year.

But it has always been like that, some must digging and the others let digging.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

For the Brits who really want to stay in the EU I wish they will get what they want. I am sure the UK is a lot better off within the EU.

But for all the Brexiters and especially the hard Brexiters I hope they crash and burn. You really deserve what you will get. Just yesterday I read an articles that many Tories want Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg or David Davis as their PM. How deluded must these voters be to even dream about that those incompetent morons will be able to make things better? They talk a lot about unicorns. And it seems lots of people still believe them. Unbelievable - except it really happens.

I am sure lots of people in the EU dream about how wonderful life could be without the UK.

Your hopes for a 'crash and burn' means both sides will crash and burn together.

A very bitter comment in respect of the majority who voted out.

Let me guess which way you voted? I guess you didn't!

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Nobody should be put under duress, even Anna Soubry, but that also includes JR Mogg which I see you fail to address or defend in your attempt to besmirch leavers. Are these people "scum" too who says to his children, 'your daddy is a bad person?'

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Nobody should be put under duress, even Anna Soubry, but that also includes JR Mogg which I see you fail to address or defend in your attempt to besmirch leavers. Are these people "scum" too who says to his children, 'your daddy is a bad person?'

Yes. But they aren't actually wrong...

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Where do you get 8.4M economically inactive from? The retired? Under 8s?

Sorry I made a mistake.

It's actually over 8.6M.

You could have easily have found it yourself if you'd have tried.

I hope you don't ask me to wipe your a**e for you as well.

Economic inactivity - Office for National Statistics

by D Leaker - ‎Cited by 17 - ‎Related articles
The economically inactive are defined as people who are not in employment or unemployed. There are many reasons why an individual may be inactive, for example, they might be studying, looking after family or long-term sick.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Sorry I made a mistake.

It's actually over 8.6M.

You could have easily have found it yourself if you'd ave tried.

The economically inactive are defined as people who are not in employment or unemployed. There are many reasons why an individual may be inactive, for example, they might be studying, looking after family or long-term sick.

From that PDF. 

956245373_Screenshot2019-01-0811_09_48.png.c8e4c71f94bb56034334b99686ecd03d.png

5 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Sorry I made a mistake.

It's actually over 8.6M.

You could have easily have found it yourself if you'd have tried.

You read your last Paragraph?

Studying?

Looking after family?

Long term sick?

How is the break down on numbers here?

12 hours ago, baansgr said:

Thats it, Ive started a petition that any election or referendum in the UK can only include voters with a Masters or above. lets keep them pesky rag n bone people in the gutters

On a side note.....having a ology degree in social media really makes for an intellectual

Even better - only allow people with an IQ above 130 to vote? ????

Obviously (like you) I'm joking, for reasons obvious to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and capable of rational thought....

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

More nonsense. Pathetic really.

But more evidence how devoid from common sense some Brexiteers are.

Well tell us how you'd start a wheelbarrow up then if you're so smart.

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

My opinion applies to all louts. The police should lock them up and the court hand down exemplary sentences. 

This DOES affect our democracy and should be dealt with harshly 

Maybe ban football for a month. That would catch the lot of them

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

I thought it was a good comeback, also...

I think when people verbally attack children to have a go at their father is showing how low the human race is prepared to go, so in my opinion not such a good comeback, but remainers move in a mysterious way I suppose, nothing appears to be off limits.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I think when people verbally attack children to have a go at their father is showing how low the human race is prepared to go, so in my opinion not such a good comeback, but remainers move in a mysterious way I suppose, nothing appears to be off limits.

What are you talking about? I am as disgusted as you are that kids should be brought into it. He is, however, a horrible person.

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

No that's not right. We've already had 2 referendums on EU membership. 1976 and 2016. The precedent has already been set for re-runs.

and how many lies were told then , to keep us in the EU, who was it that said after the 76 vote, if we told the truth about what the EU was going to be like, they would never have voted for it

23 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Well tell us how you'd start a wheelbarrow up then if you're so smart.

That is a super relevant contribution to the Brexit theme. I think with the right solution of driving a wheelbarrow, the UK could achieve global competitive advantages in global competition. Bravo for this intellectual challenge.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I agree! Appalling behaviour.

It would be a good use of police time to get hold of such people and ensure they are punished severely

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

That's what happens when social media, play stations etc blur the boundaries between online personas & reality. On any boards covering Brexit it is becoming increasingly normal to pull lumps off each other instead of engaging in humour or banter. I for one am getting tired of it (protagonists know who they are!) and have found twitter etc far more enjoyable and informative.

Need I say more?

Back to the board...

Archived