Saudi teen who fled family welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto

rooster59

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a beautiful story, of David vs Goliath. And who triumphed? A young innocent woman, who was systematically abused by a masochistic society, father, and brother, with no respect, honor, or love of women. The fact that she refused to even speak with her father and her brother in Bangkok, says it all. The entire world was presented with this spectacle, and the House of Saud, and contemporary Saudi Arabia ended up with egg all over it's face, looking like a medieval, out of control, machismo oriented, outdated, outmoded, repressive, ugly society, suffering from a nearly complete lack of reform, despite what the gangster MBS would tell us. This, combined with the recent state sanctioned murder of Khashoggi, leaves them in a place of near total isolation. If it were not for their wealth, and oil reserves, they would be a tiny economy, in a forgotten part of the Middle East, and would be of no relevance to the planet. Sharia has to go. It is of no benefit to the world, and is a destructive ideology that does not teach love, but rather intolerance, exclusion, hatred of women, and a total lack of joy. It is incumbent on all nations, to make sure that all immigrants who practice Sharia, and Wahhabism, are denied entry into their countries. There will never be any assimilation, with such an extremist ideology. 

As it stands now, what has Saudi Arabia done for the world lately? What massive charity projects are they using their tremendous wealth for, to improve the lives of the downtrodden, the poor, the sick, and those that are dying around the world? Other than their massive contributions to the extremist Madrasa schools, who churn out extremists, where is the charity?  

I totally agree with your post. The problem is, the SAs and their "brethren" do not. This will feed the extremist fundamentalist mentality, and spawn more and more atrocities. 

Wind back to the Crusades, maybe they were not wrong, even of they were the terrorist extremists of their day.

Imaginary friends of whatever persuasion cause nothing but trouble.1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a pathetic comment, clearly you have no idea how girls /women are treated in Saudi.

They cannot go out alone, have to wear them ridiculous burghas/ hijabs, cannot speak to a male who is not a relative, cannot use makeup etc.

Forgetting a really important fact. That is a woman will be killed for breaking any of the above rules or even being accussed of breaking the above rules. No trial, just an execution. 

5 hours ago, tifino said:

did you read all that in @Tony125 's Link? ... where, after finishing Uni, she's kept back inside home; and ends up on Benefits, as she cannot freely work...

Oh well! now back 'home' the Benefits for all subsequent girls in same position of unemployability, will be ceased!  fer sure!

Sorry but I didn't read Tony125's link so I can't comment, but to save me trawling through 13 pages, could you oblige by quoting the Post No?

However, I still find your post confusing - are you talking "Uni" in Saudi or Canada, and when you refer to "home" where would that be?

54 minutes ago, sambum said:

Sorry but I didn't read Tony125's link so I can't comment, but to save me trawling through 13 pages, could you oblige by quoting the Post No?

However, I still find your post confusing - are you talking "Uni" in Saudi or Canada, and when you refer to "home" where would that be?

yes it does make it hard to comment if only skimming the cream at the top

find the helpful; Link courtesy of Post@Tony125 #161  

having to repeat a reference shows this is where it is really helpful to get the whole storyline from the OP onwards.

If one simply starts reading from the beginning.

otherwise there's waste answering other Posts, daisychained from the latter entries only, unless one actually reads everything from the beginning. #161 was only on the previous page from when i reference  mention the Link within #161

She ran from 'home' 

36 minutes ago, sambum said:

So now she's a trainee terrorist? 

What an appalling comment, kind of on the level of 1930s fascist - extreme stereotyping. Hope no one here knows you as you sit on your bar stool alone in your misery and hate.  

RE - In her last tweet before leaving for Toronto, Qunun said, "I did it," and posted pictures from inside an airplane.

Well done - this was a big step not only for yourself, but this will as well encourage other women around the world to stand up for their rights.....:thumbsup:

Sure, I guess I should feel sympathy for this lass, but this is a PR plug for our fekless Pretty Boy govt in Canada. We have been inundated with muslim "refugees" since he took office and have tens of thousands of illegals just walking across our border from the US claiming asylum with no ID or papers. 

This is an election year, but we Canucks have had enough of justie's welcoming the muslim world to live off of taxpayers with their ten-kid family units, especially now he joined us to the UN Migration Pact so anyone can waltz in here and demand rights & benefits. I noted this from the Reuters article:

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Qunun arrived at Toronto's Pearson International Airport on Saturday morning, wearing ...a blue cap with the logo of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), which has granted her refugee status.

It is Canada that should decided her status, not the globalist UN, who wants the world to join it's new parliamentary system as well. 

I also take umbrage that she's already dubbed a "Canadian". Bet she gets a voting card for the fall election.

14 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Good luck in Canada but reality will set in soon.  The family probably has cut off her credit cards and access to money in the bank.  Asylum doe not mean a luxurious lifestyle.  She might have to get a job.  At 18 I wonder what skills she can offer?  Will she live in public housing with other refugees in Canada?  Freedom is Not Free(literally).  

That may be true but she is being abused and men in that country do not have alot sympathy for women. I hope she can find peace and make a living. Alot women in that country are treated like second class citizens.

13 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I think Thais don't realise how poor and backward this made them look in front of the rest of the world. Just reading the press around the world it looks like Thailand were the bad guys for threatening to deport her. The parties responsible for the fiasco at Suvarnabhumi should be in court answering charges of damaging Thailand's reputation.

I don't see things that way at all. We still don't fully understand the facts, just the spin.

Did she have an onward ticket to Australia along with the required visa? Was she in the transit area waiting, or the other part of the story, she wanted to stay a few days in Thailand. Did she have the money/paperwork to do this? What is the truth? Did she turn over her passport to some official who was alleged to have told her he was helping with the Thai paperwork, did he forcibly take the passport from her? Both stories have been reported. Also, take note, it is not actually your passport. It is the property of the issuing government and hers must be surrendered upon request by the Saudi government. So if it was the case that the man who took her passport was a Saidi government official, acting on the governments' behalf, that would have been their right. I thought Thailand handled it very well diplomatically. Thailand is not a signatory of the UN convention on refugees and handles cases individually. I had no idea there was a hotel in the departures/waiting area. Thai officials had her in a hotel room, not the immigration deportation waiting area that I understand is miserable. They left her with her phone and luggage (at least phone charger) Then they waited patiently, and let the UNHCR sort it out. Much is made of her barricading herself in her room. Really....Really... do you not think any police force can't unlock the hotel door and move a mattress. Pure theatrics. They accommodated her in a hotel room, left her with her cell phone and wifi, they didn't deport her, and let the big boys sort things out. They didn't alienate Saudi Arabia too much, and they let the UNHRC/Australia/Canada do the heavy lifting. Everyone seems happy with the outcome but possibly the Saudis/family. Who knows they may actually be happy as well because they can be seen to standing up for Sharia/ Whabi law so they don't have to fight with the Mullahs/Clerics. The UNHCR and Canada have their poster girl for refugees. Everyone is patting themselves and each other on the back. In my opinion, I don't think this girl knows what she is in for once the news cycle shifts. Freezing cold Canada, with no family support. Either her mother will be joining her when she gets a chance to escape (I have heard nothing about her) Or she guts it out in Canada until she gets her Canadian citizenship/passport and university education all provided by the public purse and then returns to Saudi Arabia as a high profile women's activist. (I would not recommend this) It depends on how much she misses her family and what kind of relationship she can rebuild with them. She is 18. There are countless stories in North America of children suing parents over discipline, running away from home etc...etc....Yes, the laws in Saudi Arabia are Dark Age Draconian. Who knows what has gone on. It could be the young lady fought with family and went too far down the road and couldn't walk it back. I do believe the death threats are real but unlikely to be attempted/carried out. Time will tell on what comes to pass. Best of luck to her. Things will not be easy.

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The white man hast lost this game.

Yep, “white man” had a good run, 2000+ years at the top of the heap. I feel for your loss, white males are the true victims here. They must entrench and fight the losing battle of demographics because, isn’t it obvious, white men deserve to be the winners!! ????????????

15 hours ago, tifino said:

...when the precedent of oppressed girls escaping the vicegrip of islam; ends up with the floodgates open with many many others copying the recent activities, in the future.

One can only have hope! Reject extremist religion. Free yourselves girls(and guys!).

14 hours ago, Basil B said:

Bit shocked to see her bearing so much leg in the short media appearance, may be considered more anti social than expressing women's freedom by many liberal Saudis who may have supported her had she been a little more conservative in her choice of wardrobe.

Really? How she was dressed is your concern? Viva freedom.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"a very brave new Canadian."

This statement, if factual, is very misleading.  She is a refugee who has been granted asylum in Canada!  There are many hoops to jump through before she becomes a Canadian.

I wonder how long it will be until SA sends in the Khashoggi hit squad?  Ms. Qunun had the effrontery to denounce Islam, she had the balls to disobey her male relatives so she is eligible to face the full force of the Sharia law.  MSB will not be pleased.

20 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Good luck in Canada but reality will set in soon.  The family probably has cut off her credit cards and access to money in the bank.  Asylum doe not mean a luxurious lifestyle.  She might have to get a job.  At 18 I wonder what skills she can offer?  Will she live in public housing with other refugees in Canada?  Freedom is Not Free(literally).  

Egg-zactly.  Now what is she going to do.  No money, no skills.  Who's going to feed, house her?  Freedom's not free goodies. 

2 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Egg-zactly.  Now what is she going to do.  No money, no skills.  Who's going to feed, house her?  Freedom's not free goodies. 

18 year olds don't need skills, they just make coffee do cleaning and all the other unskilled and semi skilled work most young people start out with. Or perhaps she has skills we just don't know of. 

2 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

18 year olds don't need skills, they just make coffee do cleaning and all the other unskilled and semi skilled work most young people start out with. Or perhaps she has skills we just don't know of. 

... she's a good runner ????‍♀️ 

go girl! go... catching up with sister, on the home straight

1 minute ago, Oziex1 said:

Skill such as escaping her Saudi life...

With the publicity she’s received I sense a book on the horizon....  and a potentially handful of TV interviews, perhaps an ME Eomans rights activist.. 

I read somwhere she lately aimed at Canada, as there were many positive reports for the outcomes of Syrian refugees who landed there.

I hope she doen't mistakenly think it will be forever safe to mingle with them!  

Family Fatwas don't really expire; and there might be sleepers in the camps/hostels etc and muslims can be sympathetic to fellow Muslim causes, above and beyond their local groups

She flew first class ,posting tweets eating cavier and drinking champagne..she is now Canada's darling little poster child...but,when her novelty wheres off and she is forgotten ,then who will she be?...earn this gift young woman, earn this .
Where are you getting that from?

The only tweet I saw from her on the plane looked like a normal economy seat.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

39 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Where are you getting that from?

The only tweet I saw from her on the plane looked like a normal economy seat.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I cant cut and paste ...goggle ''mail on line'' news...Saudi teen arrives in Canada ...read down to the middle of the page ( please paste it if you know how ) and I quote ''she tweeted pictures from her first class seat drinking claret chardonnea and eating cavier''..for the record ''I just believe it was not wise optics'' given she is an asylum seeker,but then again she is 18 and very excited..i am sure she will have many hanger-on'ers, to help with ''optics '' in the Moose Jaw Sascatchewan  .''THE GREAT WHITE NORTH''....FIN

On 1/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, sqwakvfr said:

Hopefully she will take advantage of the education system and go to college. I think her future is very bright indeed 

Archived