Ahead of vote, UK PM May warns it would be catastrophic to halt Brexit

webfact

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Humans!!! Get off your knees. The people have the power. The truth is out there; seek and you will find.

Disrespect my cat at your peril. He has big cousins.

"Humans!!! Get off your knees. The people have the power. The truth is out there; seek and you will find."

Agree entirely, but am missing the joke about your cat's cousins?

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Disrespect the vote; then watch out! There will be lots of angry people

The last Brexit march in London mustered around 2,500 people, the counter demonstration mustered around 15,000.

The last Remain march in London mustered around 700,000.

Away with you and your 'lots of angry people'.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

It's not only that, you also have to bear in mind that the vast majority of uk MPs support remain - but are worried about making it obvious that they are happy to ignore a referendum result.

I Agree and no doubt MPs are being lobbied by big business remainers . Top politicians seem to be out of touch with the real people . e.g . Cameron on confidently calling for the Brexit vote and then TM calling a  GE . Both had misjudgements of the outcomes .   Have to say that if a CEO of a large company had performed the way TM has he would have been kicked out by the shareholders by now .  If I had read a fictitious novel  along the lines of this debacle I would not have been able to finish it as the plot is too far fetched .   But hey , all is not over yet and I am sure there will be more twists & turns to confuse and amaze us . TM may have an ace to play but how low will she stoop ?

Your figures are all wrong. They’ve already been debunked weeks ago. You can believe if you want to, but don’t expect anyone else to. You are the one away with the fairies.

The lots of angry people are increasing as the Remain lobby inflicts more deception on the public. If Treasonous Theresa & Co get away with their plot, it will be a case of “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Absolutely. 

I agree with you 100%.

As soon as the first referendum has been completed and we have left the EU.

Perhaps in 5 years time. After all Brexit waited for 40 years.

The problem is that Brexit is like a hash function. Easy enough to do but NP hard to reverse.

If we leave we need to be really, really sure because a reversal is close to impossible. If not sure, delay until ALL Is are dotted and the Ts crossed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

I Agree and no doubt MPs are being lobbied by big business remainers . 

This cannot be true. After all what we know from the economy experts in the Brexit campaign, Brexit is the reason why the UK economy is booming, and it will turn the UK into a Singapore-like mega-economy once freed from the business-hostile Single Market. Look at all those news reports coming in almost every day now applauding the Brexit-decision and how it is a gift for businesses and the economy. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Your figures are all wrong. They’ve already been debunked weeks ago. You can believe if you want to, but don’t expect anyone else to. You are the one away with the fairies.

The lots of angry people are increasing as the Remain lobby inflicts more deception on the public. If Treasonous Theresa & Co get away with their plot, it will be a case of “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I keep reading that most people have just had enough of Brexit in or out just make it go away,anyway who can afford to pay for a train ticket down to London to have a riot? the remainers will just throw pineapples at the gammons.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

That interviewer was very annoying and was trying to override Marc Francois who was trying to answer his questions.

As was Mishal Hussain (BBC Radio 4 'Today') when the mayor of Calais failed to toe-the-line last week.

Edited by evadgib

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The last Brexit march in London mustered around 2,500 people, the counter demonstration mustered around 15,000.

The last Remain march in London mustered around 700,000.

Away with you and your 'lots of angry people'.

Figures that were later dispelled and posted in real time as they became available.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

But they didn't - as the vast majority of MPs want to remain, but are worried about losing their seats if they obviously support remain.....

FYI: Moves are afoot to de-select MP's in constituencies where they are deliberately defying the will of their electorate. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

FYI: Moves are afoot to de-select MP's in constituencies where they are deliberately defying the will of their electorate. 

I am surprised that you of all people seem to not understand how our representative democracy works. Does it not give the moronic thugs pause that all the smart people think differently? I guess not. Mob rule on the way. I guess we have only ourselves to blame.

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am surprised that you of all people seem to not understand how our representative democracy works. Does it not give the moronic thugs pause that all the smart people think differently? I guess not. Mob rule on the way. I guess we have only ourselves to blame.

Here's an example:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Here's an example:

Well let's see. I think the majority will respect a man who acts in a way that he believes is in his constituents best interests and hang the consequences.

Life is full of examples of people who do what they think is best for their "tribe". It's called altruism or philanthropy ( stamp collecting)

Edited by Grouse

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Well let's see. I think the majority will respect a man who acts in a way that he believes is in his constituents best interests and hang the consequences.

lol, The Majority in his constituency voted leave.

Edited by evadgib