Superstar cop 'Big Joke' on his rise and plans for expats, visas

snoop1130

what happened! did this thread   become merged with the washington square sub forum, with lets give this joker home boy a chance, jeez maybe 2018 was just a racist dream where families were locked in buildings for 24 hrs until they could prove they entered the country legally etc etc all under this nationalist treasonous gang. Something is going on in their twisted little minds with all these recent pr bluff performances on immigration

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fruitman said:

10 year visa would be nice but wait for the conditions....

Anyway, we're going to set up camp in another country as well, i'm tired of all the hoops..

Did you just come back from Cambodia??

The 90 days requirement in the immigration act from the 50's stopped making any sense the second you could do it online. The purpose was to see the parole officer - sorry IO - face to face so they would see you hadn't escaped - sorry gone underground. Now you could be in the moon making your 90 day reports, serves no purpose.

• Like 2

The only changes that need to be done are to completely do away with all embassy income letters. ALL. They all have equal amounts of fraud. Embassy letters altered are common occurrence here. 

So if you are reading this Big joke, do an audit of the income letters being accepted here and cut the nonsense.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

And especially if you wear a gold chain, drink heavily and are out in Pattaya at 3am or drive a motor bike, or do wrong to a Thai family, or have a balcony on your condo.+

Farang life expectancy in los, is directly  related  to ,

is  there any debt outstanding on the,  House ,Pick up, motorcyck , etc

For  a longer life ,  keep your PIN , to yourself,   thats no joke. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Proposed changes include abolishing 90-day reports and introducing 10-year visas for foreign retirees, Surachate said.

Well losing the 90 day report would be nice. I will be interested to see the fine print on the 10 year visa though.

Funny that he is talking about making staying here easier, at the same time that it seems to be getting much harder. Coincidental timing no doubt?

Indeed. The devil is always, and will be, in the detail.

90 day reporting, whilst a pain traveling over to the office, used to be a 2 minute max friendly experience. Last couple of time was 20-30 mins. All the officers seem to be wary of mistakes much more now.

Let's hope all the changes are positive anyway.

• Like 1

"Proposed changes include abolishing 90-day reports and introducing 10-year visas for foreign retirees, Surachate said. ................

The amendment process will take probably about two or three months,”

I'll just make a note in my diary for April 1st then. Oh, hang on! ????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. The devil is always, and will be, in the detail.

90 day reporting, whilst a pain traveling over to the office, used to be a 2 minute max friendly experience. Last couple of time was 20-30 mins. All the officers seem to be wary of mistakes much more now.

Let's hope all the changes are positive anyway.

When I did my first 90 day report (a few years ago now!) the IO gave me a lollipop from a jar on her desk! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

The 90 days requirement in the immigration act from the 50's stopped making any sense the second you could do it online. The purpose was to see the parole officer - sorry IO - face to face so they would see you hadn't escaped - sorry gone underground. Now you could be in the moon making your 90 day reports, serves no purpose.

All those immigration officers who check out if the Farang live at the address reported are wasting their time.  Someone should tell them.  They think arresting people for staying at the wrong address is a big deal. ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thaidream said:

The devils in the details- there already is a 10 year Visa- O-X- it comes in two five year issues.  However, it comes with heavy qualifications starting with medical insurance purchased from only a Thai Company unless one already has the proper health insurance from the home country.

There is also a 3 Million Baht needed in a Thai Bank. Once can find the exact qualifications on the Thai Embassy website in Washington; London and Sydney.

I will believe him when I see the possibility of a 10 year extension of a normal visa without added qualifications.

I will believe him when I see people married to Thai citizens allowed to use their wife's income; land acquisitions; houses; and other fixed assets.

The 90 day  reporting is simply a straw man - it is all the other things that will require large amounts of money in the bank that will count. 

I hope I am wrong but I really don't see  Thailand being a preferred destination for retirees in the future unless they are very wealthy

I would also add that if he really wants to do something fair for foreigners- how about a 10 year permanent residence- without quota- allowing a long term retiree or a foreigner married to a Thai to get a form of PR good for 10 years- without the huge cost- and without all the  onerous requirements currently needed. For a person who is successful during the 10 years- no problems with police; payment of taxes etc- the PR then becomes permanent.

Your assessment sounds about right,I would think,and possibly a few more hurdles to jump.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

Agreed! We are constantly being told by TAT/Government that they are trying to attract more tourists, but the average tourist will spend 3/4 weeks here per year. Even assuming spending a healthy 5,000 baht a day, and that the accommodation costs 1000 baht a day that comes to 150,000 baht (app    

Average tourist spend about 2 weeks so you can split your calculation in half meaning approx 1/12 of what a retired expat spends each year so yes it seems like someone have made a calculation and not only an assumption this time - may it last...:thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

21 hours ago, fruitman said:

10 year visa would be nice but wait for the conditions....

Anyway, we're going to set up camp in another country as well, i'm tired of all the hoops..

"Proposed changes include abolishing 90-day reports and introducing 10-year visas for foreign retirees, Surachate said."

Would be nice if the 10 year visas for foreign retirees would also apply to young people this time, not just for oldies. Hopefully the "conditions" are a bit more realistic if it comes into play.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Well, glad to hear that we are not all going to get kicked out after all then. I suspect a few extra hoops for us to jump through in due course, but if as he says, it will get easier in time and the 90 day report goes, I think many of us would be a lot happier.

If the ninety day reporting goes, and I doubt if it ever will, knowing Thailands treatment of ex pats, they will probably introduce something like the Elite Visa, a big lump sum and nothing in return after the ten years, and then have to pay it all again for the next ten years and so on.

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

for some but not all. there has been no change for me in five years. and no more 90 day reporting and a ten year visa would only make things better.

"and a ten year visa would only make things better". Yes, but at what cost? This is Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I think he would just laugh at you marrying "second hand goods with baggage"(as Thai men see it, and would never dream of doing and laugh at farang doing it) and throwing money away to her, as you obviously aren't able to buy a house or land in your name.

Yes and that is why there will never be a recognition of what I suggested. Too much loss of face for the fragile Thai male ego and it appears some Farang ego's also.

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

And the Thai IMM folks can say to themselves: Well if some farang is willing to do all that under the existing regulations, why do we need to change anything?

Of course those of us who have built a family- taken care of our spouses and children (many fathered by Thai men who pay nothing) are never going to be treated equally in Thailand.  

The 10 year Visa already exists- It's call O-X- the requirements are  stiff- minimum 3 Million Baht. Can only extend 1 year at a time. They may update the Immigration |Act of 1979 which now only allows extensions of 1 year at a time to  unlimited extensions at the IO's  perusal of evidence. You want a 10 year extension- cost

a. 1900 X 10= 19,000 bAHT

b. 800,000  x 10 years= 8 Million Baht in the bank

c.  Health Insurance- if over age 70= 100,000 Baht per year.

d.  No 90 day report or Re-Entry Permit needed.

Can't wait to apply?   Forget about it!

32 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"and a ten year visa would only make things better". Yes, but at what cost? This is Thailand.

A 10 year retirement visa would have boosted Thailand's economy especially if they as well loosen the ownership rules for this specific group in additional to open for a loaning scheme with a rather strict equity requirement lets say minimum 50% of the total purchase so the expats as well could be able to buy and own a house and land  in their own name financed over a period equal to the remaining length of the visa limited to one property and residency obligation to avoid property speculations which we know are a concern.

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The 10 year Visa already exists- It's call O-X- the requirements are  stiff- minimum 3 Million Baht. Can only extend 1 year at a time. They may update the Immigration |Act of 1979 which now only allows extensions of 1 year at a time to  unlimited extensions at the IO's  perusal of evidence. You want a 10 year extension- cost

a. 1900 X 10= 19,000 bAHT

b. 800,000  x 10 years= 8 Million Baht in the bank

c.  Health Insurance- if over age 70= 100,000 Baht per year.

d.  No 90 day report or Re-Entry Permit needed.

What a load of excrement.

a. I you consider your self entitled to a free visa, right?

b. No you don't need 8 million in the bank. 800.000 for 10 years doesn't make it 10 times the value.

c. at 70 years of age you should have health insurance anyway, and it is not the Thai government that sets the price.

Oh wait you must be the kind that expect others to pay you medical cost when get sick, isn't it?

Edited by janclaes47