Buying A Suite In Thailand

PaulUSA302

I am considering a suite purchase in Thailand. I don't have a clue as to how I should go about avoiding a rip-off... In Pattaya, on every corner or about every 20 feet, there seems to be a tout welcoming strangers in the friendliest of ways and once they have their attention they flip open a large catalog offering to make an Armani type suite.

This time I think I want to buy a suite and have an old worn-out shirt reproduced as it was when it was new.

Do any of you guys know of a place where I can get 4 star quality for 1 or 2 star payment?

I am considering a suite purchase in Thailand. I don't have a clue as to how I should go about avoiding a rip-off... In Pattaya, on every corner or about every 20 feet, there seems to be a tout welcoming strangers in the friendliest of ways and once they have their attention they flip open a large catalog offering to make an Armani type suite.

This time I think I want to buy a suite and have an old worn-out shirt reproduced as it was when it was new.

Do any of you guys know of a place where I can get 4 star quality for 1 or 2 star payment?

I bought my sofa in PhraKanong. Cost about 3,000 baht and seats three in comfort.

On a similar Pattaya thread some time ago, someone recommended Bond Street, owned by Bangladeshis, on Second Road, Pattaya. If you turn into Second road, from Pattaya Tai, it is a few minutes walk down on the right hand side.

I took my elderly friend there from England to have a suit made, and he was so impressed that he had further jackets and trousers made there also. This guy was six foot four and carried a lot of weight. They did an excellent job.

Then I took my Brother -in -law there, and he had a wedding suit made and some golfing trousers. Again, very satsified.

They do 3 fittings - more if you are not happy, and it takes 1 or 2 days if you are in a hurry.

They are not particularly cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Thanks for the info! I will copy the info into my Treo so I will have it when I come. Thanks everyone!

Oh and Hahaha to the Suite/Suit spelling error. that is so funny. "Classic Me!" I am a pill I tell ya! :o

I can vouch for Jesse and Victor. Most guys in my office, several with 10+ years in Thailand, buy from them. The business cards in dressing room are not fake.

TH

I can vouch that Jesse and Victor are a rip off. I used to go there for years based on recommendation of a friend, prices went up 10% every time i went back to the point that the prices were way over market value. Yes they make a good suit, but there are others just as good at almost 1/2 the price. Went to soi 8 a few weeks back and got a great suit (suite) from a Sikh guy called Sam who was a genuinely nice guy (not the Jesse and Victor cheezy smile ).