RTE London increase O Visa FINANCIALS FROM 1400 TO 1500 GBP

Just finished my Bank Statement downloads and average monthly income summary for the 1400/month requirement (which I may or may not need, but will include to be on the safe side). Quick check of the Royal Thai Embassy website, to make sure I have everything ready to print..OOPs it's now 1500 GBP!

Was at 4 month average that would be OK but the last 3 months on the account, is today now 14.22 short, quick. ADHOC pension withdrawal 0.025% should hit the bank next week to fix it... (Just in Case)

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html

Non-Immigrant Type O 

• For dependent child (age below 20 years): A copy of birth certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the parent who is going to work in Thailand, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the parent will work 
  • For accompanying spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy each of employment letter, passport and visa of the  leading spouse, and a copy of registration of the company or organisation where the spouse will work
  • For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For accompanying a Thai child : A copy of Thai birth certificate, a copy of the Thai child's passport/Thai ID, a copy of marriage certificate to a Thai spouse or divorce paper/child custody paper (in case of divorce), and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,500.)
  • For working at an NGO/volunteer work : An official recommendation letter or employment letter from NGO or organisation which undertakes volunteer work in Thailand, registration document of NGO or volunteer organisation
  • For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

(Also the Visa Fees increase a bit on 1st April M.E. O"goes "from 125 to 150 GBP

Edited by johnwf1963

Yes, they state the Visa Fees are going up because of the Exchange rate, but at least they gave a few months warning for that one.

Most of my pension, say 75% of it, only varies by a marginal amount per month, but the rest of it is investment based, and difficult to change the staggered quarterly automatic payments, without about 3 months notice.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

Probably adjusted for a exchange rate change. The old number was out of date since it was posted years ago.

They normally do not ask for the financial proof or deny the application if you cannot show any.

That's interesting. I'm thinking of doing a marriage visa in UK when I go back, but I don't have a steady income to show (and they don't list the lump-sum as an option, unlike visa extensions here). I thought of writing a covering letter, with bank statement, explaining that I have an equivalent annual amount - but you're saying they might not be too bothered anyway.

Well that brings a sigh of relief - I've never known officials in UK to be anything other than 'excruciatingly correct'.

3 minutes ago, RickBlaine said:

That's interesting. I'm thinking of doing a marriage visa in UK when I go back, but I don't have a steady income to show (and they don't list the lump-sum as an option, unlike visa extensions here). I thought of writing a covering letter, with bank statement, explaining that I have an equivalent annual amount - but you're saying they might not be too bothered anyway.

Well that brings a sigh of relief - I've never known officials in UK to be anything other than 'excruciatingly correct'.

If you ask the Embassy they will say that you should provide proof of income/funds, but if you send an application by post without any financial info they will still issue the visa. You just need to provide a copy of your wife's ID and your marriage certificate. I've had two myself without any financials over the last couple of years, and I don't see why a change in fees etc due to the exchange rate should affect anything else.

The amount quoted on the website is wrong anyway as there is no way they need to see an income of £1,500 pm to get a non 'O' visa as a spouse/parent.