U.S. special counsel disputes report Trump told lawyer to lie

rooster59

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

What happened to the days of trying to verify a story with accurate information before presenting it out for the public, the people that report these false stories should lose their journalistic licensing...

What should somebody who constantly and deliberately lies on Twitter lose ?

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

:cheesy:

Yup, that announcement was a big nothing burger. He offered to provide DACA support in exchange for the wall, but it was DACA support that he took away in the first place, so more hostage taking, more bad negotiating, more nothing. 

Trump keeps showing us what a crappy negotiator he is day by day.

7 hours ago, losworld said:

People should be very concerned when the deep state and their media cronies try to take out an elected President.  Let the guy finish his term and throw him out if he's not liked. 

Civil Libertarians should be very concerned about the actions of .gov here. Trump hatred blinds folks to the deep problems in the alphabet agencies that, if anything, are worse than the abuses of J. Edgar and the Cold War Years.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Civil Libertarians should be very concerned about the actions of .gov here. Trump hatred blinds folks to the deep problems in the alphabet agencies that, if anything, are worse than the abuses of J. Edgar and the Cold War Years.

If the facts of the case corresponded to the alt-right version of events you subscribe to, you might have a point. But they don't so you don't either.

On 1/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, Kelsall said:

Mueller exonerated Trump with regard to the Cohen story. 

This is just a precursor to Mueller exonerating Trump completely.

Enjoy the brief redemption while it lasts because it just might be your last hurrah!

On 1/19/2019 at 10:25 AM, keemapoot said:

From everything we know about Trump's past bullying and nefarious sleazy pattern behavior, it's kind of like what a good friend of mine who was a noted criminal prosecutor told me about most of the people hauled in and charged with crimes: "He may not be guilty of this particular crime this time, but he is guilty of some similar crime at some time."

Before everyone starts screaming about due process, she told me this somewhat tongue in cheek, but also sighed and said it was largely true.

yep and corroboration is key ... in this case, there's plenty of that including straight from the donkey's mouth

23 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Actually, both of these scumbags have little credibility. The difference is that Cohen is facing serious prison time, and cooperating might reduce that, as we don't know what other charges he might be facing, so he has less reason to lie. If he lies, it does him no good. Trump has every reason to lie.

Corroboration is the key. If other witnesses to the Special Counsel credibly support Cohen's statements then you know who to believe.

6 minutes ago, goferman said:

Corroboration is the key. If other witnesses to the Special Counsel credibly support Cohen's statements then you know who to believe.

Sure, and don't forget prosecuter trickery. Mueller may be lulling Trump into believing that he has nothing on him to prevent Trump from taking evasive maneuvers and his legal team from taking proactive protective measures.

21 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

What happened to the days of trying to verify a story with accurate information before presenting it out for the public, the people that report these false stories should lose their journalistic licensing...

OK so what in your opinion should be the penalty for someone knowingly lying and misleading the public while holding the office of POTUS?

20 hours ago, 55Jay said:

You Edited the post ^ and added a very good point as a "PS".  Why do it?  Good question even if it was added as a "gotcha", to score a point and get a few gold stars. 

BuzzFeed went beyond the pale with their twitter and other sm nonsense.  That's the problem with the resistance, they are their own worst enemy.  So   Mueller Time just gave Buzz Feed a much needed bitch slap for their teenage locker room banter.  Maybe they'll straighten up.  Maybe not.  We'll see.

And what about Fox News? The propaganda it pumps out on a daily basis overshadows this slight. Or perhaps you suck it up which helps explain how any reasonable person could arrive at such conclusions.

17 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

that says it all about the deranged emotional reactions to a duly legally elected President that hurts your feelings. nothing will ever satisfy the 

irrational reactions of the leftist progressives here on TVF

"duly elected" ROTFLOL. Uhu, lost the popular vote, deployed voter suppression in key areas and his campaign team conspired with the Russians. Duly elected. What a <deleted> joke!

"duly elected" ROTFFLOL. Uhu, lost the popular vote, deployed voter suppression in key areas and his campaign team conspired with the Russians. Duly elected. What a f'n joke!
I agree. He is legally the president but he will always have a dark cloud of plausible illegitimacy over his orange head. A normal president in such a precarious position would have bent over backwards to be the president of all Americans. He did the opposite. He's made it crystal clear he only considers his xenophobic base.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

53 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Sure, and don't forget prosecuter trickery. Mueller may be lulling Trump into believing that he has nothing on him to prevent Trump from taking evasive maneuvers and his legal team from taking proactive protective measures.

Im sure that Trumps legal temm knows exactly what Muellar is looking at and who is testifying. All part of the criminal process

51 minutes ago, goferman said:

OK so what in your opinion should be the penalty for someone knowingly lying and misleading the public while holding the office of POTUS?

Not being re-elected. Did you think that no Presdient before Trump has lied?

13 minutes ago, goferman said:

"duly elected" ROTFLOL. Uhu, lost the popular vote, deployed voter suppression in key areas and his campaign team conspired with the Russians. Duly elected. What a <deleted> joke!

You have real evidence of that or just hyperbole? Except the silly Popular Vote Issue......

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sure that Trumps legal temm knows exactly what Muellar is looking at and who is testifying. All part of the criminal process

Indeed. However, as you know, a big-mouthed, egotistical, conceited client like Trump for a defendant is a lawyer's nightmare. Trump can be manipulated with flattery and made complacent by strategic moves. Certainly his 40+ (and growing) legal team won't be tricked, but their client can be.

15 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Excellent that we have established who is whom on this forum. We will need this expertise in the coming weeks as the Mueller report is divulged and we digest the legal implications of this. I think I have identified about 3 actual legal experts on this forum. Others who are lurking, please feel free to join in as I think we are about to have the ride of our lives as the Mueller opera opens.

yep ... can't wait ... and will definitely tune in here for the expert opinions ????

DXDU6g5VAAEFpkh.jpg

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You have real evidence of that or just hyperbole? Except the silly Popular Vote Issue......

If you are who you say you are, then you can DYODD. I'm sure you can figure that out. And it won't be too hard to prove.

15 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Indeed. However, as you know, a big-mouthed, egotistical, conceited client like Trump for a defendant is a lawyer's nightmare. Trump can be manipulated with flattery and made complacent by strategic moves. Certainly his 40+ (and growing) legal team won't be tricked, but their client can be.

And rich. Add that.

The best criminal clients were old school Mafia ????

10 minutes ago, goferman said:

If you are who you say you are, then you can DYODD. I'm sure you can figure that out. And it won't be too hard to prove.

In other words...you have nothing. Except political cartoons, sound bites and whatnot. 

53 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I agree. He is legally the president but he will always have a dark cloud of plausible illegitimacy over his orange head. A normal president in such a precarious position would have bent over backwards to be the president of all Americans. He did the opposite. He's made it crystal clear he only considers his xenophobic base.

yep! i recall when he told the people he would govern obo everybody, causing me to spew my cookies lol. Just as with any other notorious conman, believe the opposite!

10 minutes ago, goferman said:

Surely you are not blinded to an appreciable difference between that and someone who's told 7,000 lies in 2 years???

I gave up counting Presidential lies after "I am not a crook", "I did not have sex with that woman", "you can keep your Insurance plan" and my favorite "I didnt know she was using a private server under a phoney name"...

All paraphrased of course.  So if President Trump says his hair is real and his talleywhacker is bigger than anyone elses in the world, I yawn and look at my marginal tax rate as well as the promises he has kept. You can keep count if its important to you and rage rage rage rage on a Board dedicated to life in Thailand.

Me, Ill just vote in 2020. I hope the Democrats provide us with an alternative this time, its not looking good, again.

1 hour ago, goferman said:

are you smart enough to understand that the presidential election is decided by the electoral college as written in the constitution, so that large cities would never have undue influence, do you understand that at all or re you just being purposely dim?

ok, as far as the "deployed voter suppression" nonsensical statement, please provide factual details that this was "deployed" where and how precisely with factual verifiable references. I'll be eagerly awaiting this revelation.....

as far as the ridiculous unfounded "conspired with Russians" blather, again provide factual verifiable references that can show this amazing feat that "stole" the election.

await you factual data with references of the evidence and verifiable sources.

not opinions fueled by irrational emotional reactions, but actual real proof to back up your post.

good luck

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

no, just to the permanently offended liberal progressives that don't believe in the electoral college.

2 hours ago, goferman said:

And what about Fox News? The propaganda it pumps out on a daily basis overshadows this slight. Or perhaps you suck it up which helps explain how any reasonable person could arrive at such conclusions.

What about Fox News?  I couldn't possibly explain anything about them.  Why would you think I could?  Wait a minute...... did you make some assumptions then use them as the basis for your comment?   You shouldn't do that. 

Don't get mad at me cause Mueller bitch slapped Buzz Feed.  Take your grievances up with him.

image.png.aeb80864ad75c9cf7da5d3104d92d168.png

Archived