Can I Get 1 Year Extension In Bkk

this is for sunbelt,or anyone who can give me an answer!

i am currently on a 2 month extension[immigration gave me this to sort out marriage papers] before this i had a 3 month extension as i had my child in thailand.

i am now married to my thai partner,we have a 2 month old child.

i have been told at immi that we can apply for a 1 year extension ,then the thai embassy in the uk said i couldnt!

also i need to know if we have to show money[by the way im female not male]

i have asked on here before[sorry to ask again]but so many different answers!

any advice

thanks

this is for sunbelt,or anyone who can give me an answer!

i am currently on a 2 month extension[immigration gave me this to sort out marriage papers] before this i had a 3 month extension as i had my child in thailand.

i am now married to my thai partner,we have a 2 month old child.

i have been told at immi that we can apply for a 1 year extension ,then the thai embassy in the uk said i couldnt!

also i need to know if we have to show money[by the way im female not male]

i have asked on here before[sorry to ask again]but so many different answers!

any advice

thanks

Your Thai husband does not need to show money or income for you to get the extension of stay permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

1. The Embassy anywhere does not have a clue regarding extensions of stay - which is what you will receive from Immigration. You are not getting a visa.

2. You will get a one year extension of stay from Immigration. It is not a visa. If you wish to travel outside of Thailand you will have to buy a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht each or a multi re-entry permit that will provide unlimited entry during the period of the extension of stay for 3,800 baht.

I read this as meaning farangs females can get visa ny being married to Thai and farang men cannot?

am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. A foreign man married to a Thai woman can get a visa with equal ease for the purpose of visiting his wife, and once in Thailand he can get annual extensions of stay by showing evidence of average monthly family income of 40,000 Baht. The difference for a foreign woman married to a Thai man is that she does not have to provide evidence of family income.

--

Maestro

In fact, the Thai husband is the one who petitions for the one year stay, not the wife.

Yes, the farang wife must fill out the application but my husband signed the petition for me to stay and I did not. As far as I know, the rules still state the man is the head of the family. And as such, a Thai man does not have to show income or a work permit since he does not need a work permit to work in his own country.