'Faulty brake' 10-wheeler accident causes traffic gridlock

snoop1130

'Faulty brake' 10-wheeler accident causes traffic gridlock

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

DxvrLJ8VAAAPX2e-696x483.jpg

Image: BumTanita / Twitter

BANGKOK — A major road accident on Ratchadapisek Road left 10 cars damaged and an entire lane blocked during a Friday afternoon rush hour.

The accident took place at about 4pm on the southbound lane of a bridge over Na Ranong Road in Khlong Toei district. Witnesses told the media they saw a 10-wheeler truck smashing through the traffic and damaging 10 cars in total. No injury was reported so far.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/01/25/faulty-brake-10-wheeler-accident-causes-traffic-gridlock/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-25

The driver, who was not immediately identified, reportedly blamed a “faulty brake” for the incident.

Faulty brakes, it was raining, slippery road etc. Never ever did the drivers have anything to do with these mishaps.

Looking at the photo, I wonder why he needed to use the brakes? Was this the first time, after he started his journey, that he tried to use his brakes?

Let him personally pay for all the damages done.

• Like 2

It is not faulty break. It's irresponsible driving by these trucks. They do not adjust their speed to the traffic flow and do not keep enough breaking distance. When these kind of accidents happen, the bad drivers always blame the faulty breaks!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Brain failure not Brake failure was the real cause AGAIN !

but to save face and try and avoid the charge of dangerous

driving,the driver blames the brakes,maybe knowing the Police

never check if that was the case.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

It is not faulty break. It's irresponsible driving by these trucks. They do not adjust their speed to the traffic flow and do not keep enough breaking distance. When these kind of accidents happen, the bad drivers always blame the faulty breaks!

Absolutely.

Just now, on the motorcycle dropped off my son at school. On the way home I was (as always) keeping a good distance behind the vehicle in front.

Front vehicle braked sharply twice, as it approached other vehicles too fast. I braked reasonably as I had enough distance in front of me. In my mirror I could see a delivery truck approaching me very fast. Both times it braked and stopped very close immediately behind me.

Frightening.

I'm not a slow driver, but then it insisted on overtaking my motorcycle, and less than fifty metres afterwards braked and turned right. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

I have to take the reporter to task on this occasion.

This is not an accident!!!

Accidents are by definition things that occur which are totally unpredictable and beyond our control.

These are crashes caused by morons!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I have to take the reporter to task on this occasion.

This is not an accident!!!

Accidents are by definition things that occur which are totally unpredictable and beyond our control.

These are crashes caused by morons!

UK police years ago stopped referring to them as accidents, now road traffic collisions. But here taking responsibility in any aspect of life is not common.