Have you had a good life?

ivor bigun

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Which is of course BS.

How good can you make it if you have cancer/spina bifida, etc.

there you go.... you don't have/not born with cancer/spina bifida, you got it and that means the way you lived your life somehow make it happen, make the best out of the bad, it's worth

• Confused 2

if you ask the question, or brag about your life.....odds are you life isn't special and I'm 100% sure I wouldn't want it.

But be lucky we have all this free time to ramble about such things.

maybe my life would have been better if i had to struggle more, or less, or this, or that, or this or that.  what metrics are you using?

happiness?  OMG, that's so 1960's.  Money?  OMG, not the right metric either.  oh, who judges.  

bottom line:  get a plan for today, do it.  repeat.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Life has different meanings to many people depending on what one means as "good". What do you mean a good life? A person born and lived there life in cold severe to many would regard his or hers as perfect. Life is very simple "we" tend to think there is something to our lives like there is a goal to achieve. In the end which we shall meet one day nothing really mattered but what one thinks his life should of been.

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Yes and no. I've had a miserable marriage for 28 years. On the other hand, I've achieved more when I was working than the majority of people, and travelled to many countries on the company dime. I have a son who has become a rock of support.

Right now, I am living a life in Thailand that men of my age in my home country can only dream of.

Metoo, and Metoo.

But I've lost several pals along the way, one died age 50 from cancer, one went home with bone cancer, and another pal is dying with AIDs. None of them lived better or worse lives than me, all were younger, you just gotta be lucky.

• Like 2