Loei police destroy 300 illegal exhaust pipes, 50 road racers’ motorbikes

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Bravo, A move in the right direction, however, call me a skeptic if you wish, but I do not see one motorbike in the pictures....:whistling:

True - you're a sceptic.

Also, why were there (allegedly) 300 exhaust pipes but only 50 motorcycles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Symbolic only. I bought a second hand bike with a noisy exhaust. Cost 200b to have a perforated plate welded inside and 30b for some wire wool cooking pot cleaners to stuff inside. Good quiet exhaust without spending a fortune. The noise solution is once gain enforcement by police. We all know how that will end.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

True - you're a sceptic.

I take it that the exhausts were up for sale, the mc's already had them fitted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lungstib said:

Symbolic only. I bought a second hand bike with a noisy exhaust. Cost 200b to have a perforated plate welded inside and 30b for some wire wool cooking pot cleaners to stuff inside. Good quiet exhaust without spending a fortune. The noise solution is once gain enforcement by police. We all know how that will end.

No catalytic converter?   LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lungstib said:

In tears.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

True - you're a sceptic.

I take it that the exhausts were up for sale, the mc's already had them fitted.

Okey kokey. You've been thinking outside the exhaust box again. Well done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, at15 said:

this makes me very sad, not the thai way. heading towards a sterile society. 

and what is the 'Thai Way'? Just let the little scrotes do what they want? F.F.ssssss

Edited by mr_lob

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Good work. I wish the cops around Pattaya would do the same. They did a few years back and got rid of all the super noisy bikes, which makes any conversation anywhere near the road impossible. Now, every two minutes an idiot goes by sounding like a tractor. They seem super happy to run checkpoints to take money off any farang riding about, for any reason imaginable, but the law which states noise above a certain level is illegal, and very antisocial I might add, is just ignored.

A video of the bikes destruction and a clear message nationwide saying why, would I am sure, be enjoyed by many, whilst educating some idiots into the bargain.

Add to that  ALL the deliberately noisy vehicles with megaphone exhaust additions  or no muffler at all.

At times it is  beyond anti social...it  is actually painful !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Good work. I wish the cops around Pattaya would do the same. They did a few years back and got rid of all the super noisy bikes, which makes any conversation anywhere near the road impossible. Now, every two minutes an idiot goes by sounding like a tractor. They seem super happy to run checkpoints to take money off any farang riding about, for any reason imaginable, but the law which states noise above a certain level is illegal, and very antisocial I might add, is just ignored.

A video of the bikes destruction and a clear message nationwide saying why, would I am sure, be enjoyed by many, whilst educating some idiots into the bargain.

After looking at the media hullabaloo with pipe crashing, where will the big sale of motorbikes with minor shortcomings in parts take place?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will say this. I don't mind a loud exhaust. But has to be within reasin too. If it for one it is just loud then not ok. Has to atleast sound good and not just be a loud noise. Example these small bikes being made loud just becomes a loud noise. Vs say an actual big bike with an exhaust which sounds good. Then how loud it is. A bassic exhaust system with a cat or high flow cat is ok. As for a motorbike straight pipe with a canister is ok too. As its still not too loud depending on the version. Some of the race versions would cross that thresh hold and be too loud. Though. I want to add an exhaust to my attrage only to help give a little Rumble sound to it vs the stock sound. As just sounds a little too weak especially if doing hard accelerations. Again just a slight bump in the sound. Just enough to give a slight low tone to it ie slight performance note. As im getting older that over the top loud exhaust just dont internet me anymore and I find annoying. But ill always appreciate a nice performance exhaust. Key word nice. 

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

There is a new scientific formula created in Thailand. ""The noise level emitted from a Thai brats motorcycle is inversely proportional to the size of his dick"" ????????????????????????????????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also.... Quite sure it was here on ThaiVisa.com that I read a similar article, and I somewhat recall that it was in Loei too....... Cher a copper caught one of these loud bikes and stopped the kid driving. ....... Then forced the kid to sit on the groung just at the rear wheel while the copper 'raced the engine' repeatedly... Making it roar directly into the kids ears.....

Something like 'Karma'...... I figured......

• Like 1