Ford Ranger - 4 months old and rusting

jcartermad

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Park it out the front of the dealers...

Get someone  (better still 3 or 4 people) on Facebook Live

Choose an array of weapons, from sledge hammer, to paint stripper, to mini backhoe

Inform said dealer that you are about to destroy his sub standard offering, live on Facebook

Then destroy it, but take your time and make sure there are plenty of shots with the dealer in the back ground

Up load it all over social media and stand back as Thia Netizens go into "meltdown"

Won't get your 1.2mil back but hopefully you bought it on finance...

A few years ago a Thai woman who had ongoing problems with a Honda did something like this and was successfully sued by Honda. I am sure the story could be found with a Google search. There are very unusual laws in Thailand that many of us struggle to understand. Especially the defamation laws.

Already said above but the music is bloody annoying and the close ups dont actually help, a wider view with an explanation of the issue would be more useful

Did you really not see the tailgate scratch and the spray inside the mudflaps when you picked it up?

With all the information out there I would have thought that even the most laid back of people would be carrying out a fairly deep inspection of any newly delivered vehicle, from whichever dealership......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Guys. FORD Thailand have closed the case. They say that warranty will take off the corrosion. The pre damage is down to the dealer. Not their concern. I will now go to the Thai Consumer Board and take legal. 

Thanks for all the useful comments guys and those who negatively posted lets hope it never happens to you. 

Can the moderators now close this post down please? 

26 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

On your video, remove or change the song (too intrusive), add subtitles so people know precisely what you are showing, e.g. "corrosion on wheel arch" and slow down the turnover of pictures as it is too quick.

Good luck.

or something that hints on Reckless Behaviour? 

Interesting. Ford Thailand is apparently doing nothing to bring the dealership to heel, when said dealership is damaging Ford's reputation. Says something about what to expect from Ford dealerships here.

My advise. Give it up. 

The damage is worth way less than your court costs. You would not be awarded a new car. Lawyers will screw you out of way more than any initial estimates and the dealer will string the case out as long as possible, leaving you sitting in court over & over again listening to the excuses from the other side about why they can't turn up.

Save yourself some stress - get it fixed. Then move on in life.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Do you do a full inspection under every vehicle that you buy?

Define what you mean by "properly, carefully and thoroughly" completely strip down, full inspection of every component and then re-assemble?

No disassembly needed. When I took delivery of both my trucks, I spent 10-15 minutes on the interior, engine and topsides checks, seats all the way forward and back, checking all the storage spaces, underneath and behind the back seat, under the floor mats, door panel fit, door latching, seat belt check, visors, air conditioning, re-circulation, heater, interior & exterior lights,etc.. When I slipped on my coveralls to do the underneath bit, they got my drift and the sales lady had them stick it on the hoist in the shop. Took about another 10 minutes.

It was my 1.5 million baht and it was going to be my truck in my name so that 20-25 minutes was quite important.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Do you do a full inspection under every vehicle that you buy?

Define what you mean by "properly, carefully and thoroughly" completely strip down, full inspection of every component and then re-assemble?

Let's be fair, many folks (any nationality) don't have detailed knowledge of what / how to check a new vehicle / any vehicle.

• Like 2

In Thailand, you will be wasting your time complaining. Just giving yourself a headache!

Consider just getting a good paint shop to fix the issues and pay for it yourself, finished!

(I guessyou can of course send Ford the bill if you want to go on about it, but you will get nowhere!)

Find a different dealer for services.

Get on with enjoying your life, its only transport!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

You have to contact the CEO of Ford, not warranty or customer service. Also contact VP marketing. You need to multi-stream your complaints since you're not getting satisfactory results.

Mr Henry Ford, Detroit, Michigan, USA.

8 hours ago, jcartermad said:

I like the engine and running gear of the truck. It is just the rust and paint that is the issue.  

Should have bought a black one, then the paint flecks wouldn't have shown.    Sorry, I do sympathise with you.

8 hours ago, jcartermad said:

I purchased a New Ford Ranger Wildtrack from Ford Roi-Et 4 months ago. Prior to delivery the dealer, (or Ford) damaged the vehicle and repaired it and then sold as new. There is paint spray all over the underside and wheel arches. Worse still the chassis is showing signs of rust / corrosion. Two paint blisters have appeared on the hood / bonnet. The paint is so soft you just touch it and it marks. The dealer refuses to do anything stating all this is normal. Defective paint, corrosion and selling a damaged car as new. NORMAL? Ford customer services have been useless in dealing with this and just ping pong me back to the Roi Et Ford dealer. The dealer has now blocked me on Facebook, SMS and removed reviews from their website. The dealer was quick to take my 1.2m baht but now wants nothing to do with rectifying matters. SEE VIDEO BELOW. 

My advice - avoid Ford Roi Et at all costs. Don't rely on Ford Customer Services. (We have the support of the Thai Consumer Board and are taking the dealer and Ford to court.)

Letter sent to Ford Customer Services - No reply. 

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:18 AM
To: Contact, Fordthai (F.) <[email protected]>; 'johnandnoi' <[email protected]>
Subject: Dissatisfaction with Ford Ranger from Roi Et Ford

I have been trying to resolve the issues with my brand new Ford Ranger Wild track for over 5 weeks and all that happens is that Ford Roi Et and Ford Customer Services, (sic) keep bouncing me back from each other. Nothing gets done.

I have made a video of the paint and corrosion issues on my truck. The main points are:-

1. Roi Et damaged the truck before delivery and failed to tell me. There is orange paint over spray all over the underneath / underside / wheel arches of the truck. THIS IS NOT A NEW TRUCK – it is a damaged truck, (that no one would buy if they new) sold as a new truck and full up money. 1.2 m baht.

2. Corrosion or rust has developed on the chassis of the vehicle. This is not normal after 4 months

3. Paint is falling off the chassis of the underside

4. The load liner fixing screws for tying things down are coming loose – cross threaded?

5. The screws on the Ford mud flaps are falling out

6. THE PAINT IS SO SOFT IT DAMAGES EASILY

7. Two paint blisters have developed on the hood suggesting rust / corrosion from the inside out

8. The rear bumper is misaligned

In addition to all this when every I complain Roi Et Management refuse to speak to me.

1. They have never supplied my 5 year free service plan documents

2. They never carry out a vehicle health check

3. They put white paint on the drivers seat

4. They never wash the vehicle

5. I ORDER GENUINE FORD WHEEL ARCHES AND THEY FITTED UGLY NON FORD ONE of which the alien keys holding them on are coming loose. I DREAD TO SEE THE PAINT WORD UNDER THE WHEEL ARCH COVERS.

I cannot think of a worse dealer experience and I ran 3 Ford dealers in Cambodia, 5 dealers in the UK and have managed many other dealers worldwide and as said – I have never found a worse dealer.

You, Customer Services, do nothing and refuse to give names of people who might assist me. No service manager Ford Thailand, no Sales manager or Customer Service Director. Everybody in Ford is running away from this matter.

I purchased a NEW TRUCK – Ford made a truck that corrodes in 4 months, has paint that is too soft and the Roi Et dealer damages the truck, sells  it as new and try’s to hide the matter.

I demand a new truck, undamaged. I paid for a new truck. I want what I paid for.

The video will be posted on YouTube and the Ford Ranger Club. I will make a banner of the photographs and stand outside you building in Bangkok unless someone phones me and seeks a solution. Watch media for video in every possible place.

I have been polite, never raised my voice, nor used bad words but my patience is wearing thin.

SOLVE THIS ISSUE PLEASE or just say no and I will see you in court.

Be warned - avoid Ford Roi Et. See YouTube  https://youtu.be/LAQV2F3AXC8

Good music.

BTW, FORD its an acronym for Four Old Rusty Doors.

LOL

1 hour ago, Rod the Sod said:

And what pray would be the basis of your claim?

if it's a good first class insurer the claim would be the truck has been damaged and repaired but not properly and go from there, no need for f'ing praying get it done.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wgdanson said:

You know what I mean.

In UK before you buy a vehicle, you can have the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) engineers come to give it a good proper inspection.

Agree for a second hand car but not for a brand new truck . To  me Ford are guilty of deception and I would get an independent engineers report . In the western world my lawyer would be rubbing his hands at the thought of his fees to be paid by Ford , however TIT and a different case where most of the showrooms / maintenance w/shops are by way of a franchise and that is where the buck stops normally . Maybe head office in Bangkok and USA may be worth emailing .

30 years ago I ordered a new Ford Fiesta with a p/x of my old car . Went to collect the Fiesta and noticed faulty paint in a few places and also a badly fitted widow seal . I refused to take the car . The Ford showroom said they can repaint the car & refit the seal to which I refused . Long story but I won .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superal said:

Agree for a second hand car but not for a brand new truck . To  me Ford are guilty of deception and I would get an independent engineers report . In the western world my lawyer would be rubbing his hands at the thought of his fees to be paid by Ford , however TIT and a different case where most of the showrooms / maintenance w/shops are by way of a franchise and that is where the buck stops normally . Maybe head office in Bangkok and USA may be worth emailing .

30 years ago I ordered a new Ford Fiesta with a p/x of my old car . Went to collect the Fiesta and noticed faulty paint in a few places and also a badly fitted widow seal . I refused to take the car . The Ford showroom said they can repaint the car & refit the seal to which I refused . Long story but I won .

Crying about alleged pre-delivery damage to a vehicle that the OP has been otherwise happy to drive around in for the last four months isn't going to fly with any lawyer or consumers rights group anywhere. Looking at the appended freeze-frame from the OP's video, I suspect that at some time in the past, this vehicle has been driven through some orange substance as the spray pattern on the inside of trailing mud flap is vertically linear and directly opposite the tire tread face. How could any repair over-spray possibly get on the inside of mudflaps and plastic wheel arch liners when all the orange paint bits are above these? As for the snapshots of paint damage on door-edges, if that was pre-existing, the OP must have been blind to have accepted that in any pre-delivery inspection. The top edge of the tailgate is one of the first places to get scratched and banged up by bad practices when loading stuff in the back.

tire_spray.jpg.4d204a224d2f62fe089cc543515a1bf3.jpg

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

This was our Mitsubishi Pajero after 6 month. Same as in your case, nobody was responsible. Finally we went to the consumer department, they have been very friendly and helpful, but they have not the power to decide, they only can mediate.

Mitsubishi offered obliging to pay for the undercover rust protection, but only if we sign, that they did no fault. We did not sign.

We do undercover rust protection ourselves and drive now this car since 10 years and nearly 220.000 km, without rusting through.

P1060505.JPG

38 minutes ago, grabue said:

This was our Mitsubishi Pajero after 6 month. Same as in your case, nobody was responsible. Finally we went to the consumer department, they have been very friendly and helpful, but they have not the power to decide, they only can mediate.

Mitsubishi offered obliging to pay for the undercover rust protection, but only if we sign, that they did no fault. We did not sign.

We do undercover rust protection ourselves and drive now this car since 10 years and nearly 220.000 km, without rusting through.

P1060505.JPG

You joined in 2009, first post , and with a pic that fits the topic. Lucky.! Patience paid off.

• Like 1