Is it dangerous to post on Thai Visa?

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just think immigration don't think things through properly, we need to blame someone, ok Big Joke it is.

joker home boy enjoying his loot is part of a gang who even before the bangkok shutdown when shouting on stages were claiming 'out with foreigners' 

So yes we can blame joker boy and i wont be hoodwinked into thinking it was embassies behind getting rid of pension letters and new financial requirements on retirements are about agents. 

These are decisions for reducing long term expats, letters helped expats stay and agents help expats stay.

I agree with the op they do look on this site, and i enjoy life with foreigners sharing living on this land not less foreigners, whats happening is planned by the nationalist gang in my opinion 

• Like 1

Rhyming slang.  Immigration is now at war with us. So perhaps it is appropriate that we adopt a code for our communications with other expats. I enjoy a laugh as much as the next bloke. But this is no longer a laughing matter.  They are trying to tear me from my family...so the line has to drawn in the sand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

My Septic friend can't follow it either, so not just locals here.

Well I can follow it and Im a broke down old Yank.

Anyway, why worry about the Thais when the good old NSA is watching.

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/8-ways-the-nsa-spies-on-you/

• Like 1

It's not paranoid to think that this forum could be viewed by people in Thailand, and I mean Thais with some authority in the country. However, most people on this forum are posting in order to find out the correct way to do things, and nothing subversive is generally discussed. And I think Thailand will still welcome foreigners who have ample funding and no dodgy intentions, at least for the near future.

The Thai authorities are, quite rightly, being strict about who they let in, so if you're posting about how you can get in to the country on your 25th tourist visa, then yes that is probably very dumb.

However, most people on here don't give out their personal details and the Thai authorities are not exactly quick off the mark, to say the least, so doubt there is anything to worry about tbh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pr9spk said:

It's not paranoid to think that this forum could be viewed by people in Thailand, and I mean Thais with some authority in the country. However, most people on this forum are posting in order to find out the correct way to do things, and nothing subversive is generally discussed. And I think Thailand will still welcome foreigners who have ample funding and no dodgy intentions, at least for the near future.

The Thai authorities are, quite rightly, being strict about who they let in, so if you're posting about how you can get in to the country on your 25th tourist visa, then yes that is probably very dumb.

However, most people on here don't give out their personal details and the Thai authorities are not exactly quick off the mark, to say the least, so doubt there is anything to worry about tbh.

I have always had a legal visa or extension.  And always applied in person not through an agent. But as I see it the current trend or agenda is to rid Thailand of all long stay expats. They want to tear me from my family. Why all the hatred? Is it because nationalism is getting out of hand?

Edited by Khaeng Mak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

I have always had a legal visa or extension.  And always applied in person not through an agent. But as I see it the current trend or agenda is to rid Thailand of all long stay expats. They want to tear me from my family. Why all the hatred? Is it because nationalism is getting out of hand?

So what's to stop you from bringing your family to your own country?  Could it be that they have more restrictive visa laws than Thailand?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You are giving them a lot more credit and expertise than they deserve or possess.  I just think, like you, that they don't like foreigners overly much and dont think a whole lot about anything much at all.  The Thai Authorities, in all their forms, seem to be totally clueless about most things that impact people, their own and we 'visitors'.  The saving grace, if you look at it like this,  is that they are just as idiotic with their own people as with we expats. So I don't think you need to worry that they are monitoring TV, just in order to dream up their next jolly jape. 

...that they don't like foreigners overly much

Reading the majority of posts here in TVF, who would get an overly liking towards them? Just consider your post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1