M/C boots for Charlie

papa al

WOW !!!... that's some deal... When they arrive pls tell us what they are like... 

Its certainly cheaper than the offerings at Panda Rider... Although to be honest, I find the prices of Motorcycle kit here to be quite reasonable in comparison to the UK (with the exception of some of the higher end helmets which seem to have a 20% mark-up).

Personally - I'm looking at the Rev'it Pioneer or Discovery - but I'm wondering how hot my feet would get riding here in Thailand...  

I currently ride around town in a pair of these... (BMW Motoraad ride sneakers)... but they're still a bit too warm for my liking...  But, I conform to ATGATT when on the two wheeler (G310GS)... Full face helmet, Gloves, Protective Jacket, Boots (ride sneakers below), normal Jeans when in town, or on a longer ride Kevalar Jeans or Protective pants...  But when on the scooter (TriCity) its trainers, shorts, & Full face helmet, Gloves, Protective Jacket (not quite ATGATT)...

Its not the most comfortable in the heat, but an accident can happen at any time....

Apologies if thats side tracked the thread a bit... 

1658532078_ScreenShot2019-02-04at15_15_30.png.9334a8596c42a5397d027e8af2a9d5d9.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

WOW !!!... that's some deal... When they arrive pls tell us what they are like... 

Its certainly cheaper than the offerings at Panda Rider... Although to be honest, I find the prices of Motorcycle kit here to be quite reasonable in comparison to the UK (with the exception of some of the higher end helmets which seem to have a 20% mark-up).

Personally - I'm looking at the Rev'it Pioneer or Discovery - but I'm wondering how hot my feet would get riding here in Thailand...  

I currently ride around town in a pair of these... (BMW Motoraad ride sneakers)... but they're still a bit too warm for my liking...  But, I conform to ATGATT when on the two wheeler (G310GS)... Full face helmet, Gloves, Protective Jacket, Boots (ride sneakers below), normal Jeans when in town, or on a longer ride Kevalar Jeans or Protective pants...  But when on the scooter (TriCity) its trainers, shorts, & Full face helmet, Gloves, Protective Jacket (not quite ATGATT)...

Its not the most comfortable in the heat, but an accident can happen at any time....

Apologies if thats side tracked the thread a bit... 

1658532078_ScreenShot2019-02-04at15_15_30.png.9334a8596c42a5397d027e8af2a9d5d9.png

Nice boots, where can you buy these?

Thanks.

11 USD is indeed an impressive low price, but probably it feels like wearing a plastic bag.

I'm using Haix Airpower P9 as my motorbike boots, had a big bike fall on my foot once, no injuries. Wearing them is quite comfortably for such boots and they also make a good job walking arround in the jungle. At least in Germany they can be bought as "Kampfstiefel heiß/trocken" without Haix branding for 1/3 less.

040581-haix-kampfstiefel-bw-heiss-trocken_600x600.jpg.c6a08956539c883a7f1deb7bac94bb51.jpg

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, JaiLai said:

Nice boots, where can you buy these?

Thanks.

From the UK... https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/ride-sneakers/

They're also available from BMW Motoraad shops in Bangkok... (but a bit more expensive: about 10,000 baht I think... (£165 in the UK).

Panda rider also have some similar boots... 

http://www.pandarider.com/Revit/RevitProductsFootwear.html