Internet in condo

Richard70au

It depends on which company has wiring into the building, you will find most blocks there is only one choice, the company that has wiring already into the block. Start at the condo office and see whats available.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HLover said:

Netflix says I am using a proxy blocker, any fix for this?

That is the game between netflix and VPN's sometimes your lucky sometimes not. Sometimes it helps just to select an other location if they have many. Can't be helped. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

That is the game between netflix and VPN's sometimes your lucky sometimes not. Sometimes it helps just to select an other location if they have many. Can't be helped. 

Thank you, the 'problem' magically fixed itself last night.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

My VPN is with Witopia.  I posted this on another thread that is running at the moment.

They have two servers in my home country.

Both servers worked fine with a particular website that would geo block me when overseas, and then one of them didn't work.  The server worked for other websites, so the  server wasn't down, but the website I wanted detected a VPN and blocked me.  I tried the other server and it was fine, but I contacted the company's support section.

The reason why it happens was explained me, and the short version is the website I wanted detected a lot of traffic from one IP address and it rang alarm bells, so blocked me, and everyone else using a Witopia VPN, for that website.  Obviously, everyone out of country, and with the Witopia company for a VPN, was using that server, so it detetced a lot of traffic from it.

I pointed out to Witopia support that obviously everyone will now use their other server to access the same website, and that will eventually get blocked as well.  Then I asked, what will your company do about that?  I was told they will then change IP addresses of their servers in my home country, and the whole game starts again.

I thought that was a pretty good service to offer. 

On 2/7/2019 at 2:21 PM, Peterw42 said:

Start at the condo office and see whats available.

Ditto.  Maybe you're lucky and have a choice, but many condo buildings lock the residents into a single provider.

Try to look into CS LoxInfo. Here in my condo, CS Loxinfo, 3BB, AIS and at least 1 other is available. I am quite happy with Loxinfo, as in the last 2 years I had 2 interupts of the internet. so can't complain. 1 even was announced.

Gotta be patient.  I signed up with AIS, then got a call saying FULL..then signed up for TRUE and day of install said 2400 for new line...then a week later, found a lesser known..been good..and seen AIS with a table set up in the lobby twice...so things change, and you will be restricted, but give it a week or two..and don't be afraid of the little guys.  I had good luck with 3bb and Sinet...two months free if you pay for a year..etc...don't listen to malcontents with trouble in the boonies...it is different in the cities, but there will always be outages...