Lopburi Immigration View on new Visa extension system

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why didn't you have an embassy letter?

I shan't be extending until November, when Embassy letters will already have lapsed and be out of date eligibility.

So this was an enquiry as to exactly what they are looking for under the new system.

Better prepared than having to fly to the UK and start again...............

Edited by chrisyork
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why didn't you have an embassy letter?

He says his next extension isn't due until November, an Embassy letter wouldn't be valid.

Sorry, the OP had already replied.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report.  I think a 12-month bank statement stamped and issued by Bangkok Bank would be a lot more welcome than a passbook stuffed with errata sheets.  Such a statement might be 200-300 baht and not be available immediately if it has to come from the headquarters office, but should be obtainable.  Of course, they will still want to see the passbook but the statement will be the primary document that tells the tale, I would think.

Good to hear about some flexibility on possibly making up for a few month's shortfalls, but I'm afraid that's the sort of thing that's going to vary by office, by officer, and by day.  Also, as it doesn't sound like they've had to do one before not sure it's all been worked out.  Still an interesting report.

• Like 2

Why would they have done an extension under the new system as it does not come in to effect until 1st March? Does it apply to first time applicants as has been suggested or all

It would appear that even heads of immigration in each provincial office have no idea what is going on.

BJ needs to clarify all the many unknowns.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Having used Lopburi office ever since it has been open ,they do things  they own way (where have I read that before) ie, 800k has to be salted for 3 months ,no 2 months at Lopburi .a woman was renewing her visa ,the officer asked her for copies the ID and Tabin-Bann, from the owner of the house she rented ,she said at Hua Hin I did not need that ,officer said, You do here....., and this woman was speaking  very good Thai, kept her cool, so no miss unerstanding. 

As has been said ,let the dust settal, waite for Bangkok to send the new regs to all the provincial offices, then we shall see. and what will Lopburi's interpretation will be. 

• Like 1