Trump adviser Conway accuses woman of assaulting her in restaurant: CNN

rooster59

According to CNN:"Conway said she called 911, though the woman had left before local police arrived. After an investigation, Mary Elizabeth Inabinett was charged in November with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct. A trial is set for March in Maryland state court".

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/63-year-old-charged-over-alleged-assault-on-white-house-counsellor-kellyanne

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190208/kellyanne-conway-says-she-was-assaulted-while-dining-out-a-woman-has-been-charged-in-case

I like to see this person be held accountable ! Assaulting someone is a crime! These activist need to keep their hands to them selves

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the Straits Times link above:

"Ms Conway said that she was at dinner with her teenage daughter and her daughter's friends at an Uncle Julio's in Bethesda when a woman approached her from behind, grabbed her arms and shook her so hard that "I thought maybe somebody was hugging me"."

If it had have been a fan of hers really hugging her then I doubt if the assault charge would have been laid.  It seems she isn't complaining about the "hug", but rather about the personal opinions of the woman who did it.

• Confused 2

On 2/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Basil B said:

Trumps mob should be banned from Mexican restaurants, the thing is if this does go to trial, Conway may well be proven to have exaggerated her claims, could do trump more damage having another of his cronies proven to tell porkies even if the prosecution is successful, me think this this will get dropped at the last minute.

One of the top things on the WH agenda is distraction, and Kellyanne is, and has been, the prime divert-er (after DT himself) which is why I called her the Minister of Diversion.  Things getting desperate, with her having to resort to this.  Roger Stone managed a good divert turning his arrest into a case of police brutality, distracting from the reason why he was busted in the first place.  My guess is that someone tapped Conway on the shoulder, which made her turn around and the woman gave her an earful.  ANY sort of physical contact can be made to sound like assault: if you do a web search you can find the incident where Sheryl Crowe touched Karl Rove on the arm and he made a spectacle of it.

Anyone working for this WH who goes to any sort of Latin American cuisine restaurant has got to be pretty dumb to not realize the people in the kitchens are spitting in their food (if not something even more foul :bah:).  DT himself even once remarked that he orders mass-produced fast food that is already prepared as a way of avoiding this sort of thing.  But you have to wonder about the staff at the places he owns.

• Like 1

The hateful woman who assaulted Kellyanne should remember that old saying, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Better yet, she should just get over the fact that Trump won and move on, after serving her sentence of course.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1