Amnesty underway for users, possessors of cannabis

webfact

I hope many Thai farmers who can't make much money selling rice turn to marijuana cultivation.  The more available it is in general, the faster the Thai government will eliminate all restrictions on the use of this beneficial herb. Over here, I often take pills to help me sleep — something I use marijuana for in my home state of Alaska where it is totally legal.  This reversal of position by the authorities is surprising, enlightened and most welcome. If only my own federal government was as similarly enlightened.

I need for sleep

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

How about TV using a different photo than the the pothead with ganja tats on his face?....eg. Bill Clinton (although he didn't inhale or have sex with that woman), Barack Obama, or Bill Shorten (leader of the opposition in Australia) or perhaps some very ordinary and normal looking people from any walk of life from anywhere in the world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“We have already passed the draft regulations, but there are still many steps left. The Food and Drug Administration [FDA] will have to put these drafts through public hearings and gather opinions for further review,” FDA secretary-general Tares Krassanairawiwong said yesterday.

Was he giggling and did he say he had the 'munchies' right after he made that statement?

IMG_0103.JPG.c98ab668cd56ae0aaff87908de59c408.JPG

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I wish they would hurry up I need to give it my wife after the chemo somedays unbearable  

CBD oil is reported to be helpful with chemotherapy side effects.  It has no THC, which is usually the gold standard for marijuana convictions.

Other options include seeking the prescription medication Marinol, which is a synthetic THC drug.  Not known if available in Thailand. 

When communicating with physicians in a country that did not permit Marinol, oncologists were giving tips on how to smuggle through Customs from USA...  If your wife is truly ill, there are caring physicians who are sometimes willing to help if you ask.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WyrldTraveler said:

Greenhouses can be built inexpensively to control pests and organic pesticides exist in LOS.  Most medical grade cannabis grown in Colorado is done in outdoor greenhouses.  Farmers will be able to learn; local potheads will be clueless as one must know agriculture, not growing weeds.

Its the cost of labor, dudes, thats the bottom line. its cheaper to grow here than in the US, no matter how you grow.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

We have already passed the draft regulations, but there are still many steps left. The Food and Drug Administration [FDA] will have to put these drafts through public hearings and gather opinions for further review,” FDA secretary-general Tares Krassanairawiwong said yesterday.

May i ask what does FDA got to do with Thailand? I thought FDA is from USA?

• Confused 1

This could be a sign that the country is moving forward, on at least one level. Prosecuting, or keeping people locked up for pot offenses is so far beyond inane, it defies reason. Same is happening in the US, where even though many states are allowing it, the Feds are still pursuing this voraciously. In the US, it is about supporting the private prison industry. Not sure what it is about here. But, legalizing pot is a smart move. Personally, I would like to see ALL drugs legalized. Demand would drop overnight.

• Like 1