American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

The Farang who helped restrain him will face no charges. If you see a crime being committed (robbery/assault) you do not have to be a police officer to intervene.  Just cannot use violent /unnecessary force to restrain which the guy didn't. He never struck him just held him. The punk hit the Thai guy in the face and almost knocked the Thai hostess to the floor  pulling on the bag. In the US it would be called a citizens arrest.

Foreigners should learn to mind their own business.

In Thailand it'll get you dead or injured real soon, I'm betting your insurance wouldn't pay out.

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

It wasn't that long ago that a Bangkok taxi driver killed a passenger with a machete in an argument over 100 baht. I guess the driver thought 100 baht was worth spending the next 10 years behind bars for.

Farang that has sex with his own kind is considered a baddie ?? Quelle horreur.

Problem is, everyone is told going anywhere, watch out for scams.Thailand screams scam a minute to many people. Sadly, like some people on TV,people see the most minor thing as a scam.I did in Greece 30 years ago, my fault, my stupidity.

50 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I had sex with my hand last week and it asked me for 400b

Cheap, but then again, its probably a hairy, callused hand with remnants of its former life as an oiler on the HMS Bedpan.

I pay my well manicured hand 1000, but steal from it with my left when it isnt looking.

BOT, most hostels have signs saying "no guests". They wouldnt let my in my kids hostel one time to take a puss cuz I wasnt registered.

8 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

It's idiots like this that give decent Americans a bad rap. Kick him out of the country and blacklist him for 5 years. 

Yearrr, Right On Just1Voice, ....  and you can mention me to your wife, as I am a loonie also !!! (With my sensible Woman, Har Har ...) ....... BUT, also, ...  What about the Alleged Tourist Girl, who has sex in a 10 person dorm, with some Loonie that she hardly knows !!! ... Like have you ever tried sleeping with Loonie shit Heads like this in the room !!! ... Like at least they could show some inishitive and do it in the Toilets right !!! ??? ..... And just sleep in the room, so as not to disturb every one else !!! .....  Still she did not get charged 200b I suppose, or Punch any one I guess. .... Yes, I hope that the Trash learns his lesson, .... for Punching the Staff, ... Like he should have worked out why they kicked him out !!! ...  Like Even Americans should be able to work out that ? ...

Seems no one here watched the video.  I see a man trying to pull away from two Thais holding on to his backpack and pulling him off balance.

Am I to believe that it is proper for two Thais to commit a battery against the American?
He's lucky they didn't call in the heavy mob.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Yearrr, Right On Just1Voice, ....  and you can mention me to your wife, as I am a loonie also !!! (With my sensible Woman, Har Har ...) ....... BUT, also, ...  What about the Alleged Tourist Girl, who has sex in a 10 person dorm, with some Loonie that she hardly knows !!! ... Like have you ever tried sleeping with Loonie shit Heads like this in the room !!! ... Like at least they could show some inishitive and do it in the Toilets right !!! ??? ..... And just sleep in the room, so as not to disturb every one else !!! .....  Still she did not get charged 200b I suppose, or Punch any one I guess. .... Yes, I hope that the Trash learns his lesson, .... for Punching the Staff, ... Like he should have worked out why they kicked him out !!! ...  Like Even Americans should be able to work out that ? ...

... The Guy is still Pissed Right !!! .... Yes he should sit in the Police station for a while to think about it, ....  fined eventually .... and then have to slink out of town and nurse his hangovar on a Bus or a train. ...  ... Some other Good people seem to have shown up here. And no more Violence !!! Nice. ...

6 minutes ago, lambchops said:

Farang that has sex with his own kind is considered a baddie ?? Quelle horreur.

Problem is, everyone is told going anywhere, watch out for scams.Thailand screams scam a minute to many people. Sadly, like some people on TV,people see the most minor thing as a scam.I did in Greece 30 years ago, my fault, my stupidity.

No one has stated that he was a "baddie" for having sex .

Its is the fact that he did it in semi public and then refused to pay for her stay and then began hitting people , all over 200 Baht.................and no one has suggested that theres any scam going on

A question- I personally have never stayed in a ‘hostel ‘ - all sounds a bit grim. Would the other people in the dorm be happy with the grunting and groaning - or did they try to be very quiet ? 

Or does this happen - and just adds to the hostel experience? 

I understand there are things called ‘short time rooms’ available at pretty well 24hrs a day - would have been much better ( oops would have cost money to this well healed traveller and his willing partner) 

1 hour ago, Otis Cribelcoblis said:

Seems no one here watched the video.  I see a man trying to pull away from two Thais holding on to his backpack and pulling him off balance.

Am I to believe that it is proper for two Thais to commit a battery against the American?

Yes it is a clear case of assault and self defense.

And the young foreigner also piled in to assist.  He can also be sued.

3 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

A question- I personally have never stayed in a ‘hostel ‘ - all sounds a bit grim. Would the other people in the dorm be happy with the grunting and groaning - or did they try to be very quiet ? 

That is the problem.  Most of the TV keyboard warriors posting here have never stayed in a dorm room.  In fact most of them, SammyT for example, are not even real people, just employed trolls on the TV payroll.

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No one has stated that he was a "baddie" for having sex .

Its is the fact that he did it in semi public and then refused to pay for her stay and then began hitting people , all over 200 Baht.................and no one has suggested that theres any scam going on

All I saw was a young reasonably well dressed man being assaulted by a mob of people and trying to defend himself. Are you looking at a different video clip?

All I saw was a young reasonably well dressed man being assaulted by a mob of people and trying to defend himself. Are you looking at a different video clip?

I think you are the one watching a different video !!

All I saw was a backpacker trying to avoid paying 200 baht ( $6.39 ) and then assaulting a Thai .

2 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

I understand there are things called ‘short time rooms’ available at pretty well 24hrs a day - would have been much better ( oops would have cost money to this well healed traveller and his willing partner) 

I back Packed for years, when I was younger, (And never punched any one) .... I use a small case on wheels now, so well, I wonder if I still qualify ? .... Yes I have only been Disturbed by Loonies having sex, in the Middle of the might, in a crowded dorm, once in many years, well, maybe twice, but the second time they were VERY Quiet !!! ..and it just could have been my Imagination ??? ... ....(In Europe were you really can not afford a short time room if you ARE back packing, was the Really Slurpie, and invasive one, .... and Yearr, let the Young people and those that are good at it, and do not Punch People, ....DO IT !!!) ,,,, Like People putting the light on, or packing rattling plastic bags in the missile of the night is far worse ... and oh, once a couple right above me did not know I was there ..Fins !!! and thought that the dorm was empty, .... I write a story called 747 about it har har ..... Extremely good Voyeristic Entertainment that one ..... 

How you all know its about 200b? who say's its about no want to pay, hotel staf?

What i see on the video is a Thai man want to take or steal his bag and he hit the thief.

And the western a..hole must be put down to.

When you look at things like this my hate for Thailand getting more and more.

7 hours ago, shady86 said:

Another Western cheapskate who can't even afford to stay in a proper place. No wonder Thailand welcomes Chinese tourists who at least can afford to pay for hotels and behave properly.

"Chinese tourists who at least can afford to pay for hotels and behave properly." What??????????????????

Shitting in the kerbside, shitting in the back of taxis, making a mess of all the food in an "all you can eat" buffet.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

8 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

It just amazes me. Thailand seems to get its fair share of the dregs of society. In fact, sometimes it seems like a magnet. 

Take resorts like Pattaya, Phuket, Samui & the rest.... s**t attracts flies !

14 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

How you all know its about 200b? who say's its about no want to pay, hotel staf?

What i see on the video is a Thai man want to take or steal his bag and he hit the thief.

And the western a..hole must be put down to.

When you look at things like this my hate for Thailand getting more and more.

Then just Leave.

Archived