Armed men disrupt school exams after being told to keep the noise down at ordination ceremony

webfact

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Well, yes, things made them angry and it has the side effect of making the two brain cells move apart for a while.

Two brain cells.... you're being very generous !

Unless you were referring to a group total?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thai society has to stop coddling it's boys. Many of them are not growing up to be proud, respectable, honorary citizens, who make a real contribution to society. Parents have to start telling young boys, from the age of two, you are nothing special.

That won't fit with the "little emperor syndrome", lack of education, and lack of parental guidance. Hence, I have no hope this will change before the adult population in this country starts to grow up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Armed men entering a school... 

This alone is reason for a lengthy Prison sentence... remove these egotistical childish minds from society and place them in a place where they are forced to grow up.

You could apply the same to the people who are presently in charge of Thailand too......

35 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

I've seen a few posts in her assuming 'armed' means they were armed with guns, this doesn't have to be the case, they could have been armed with sticks, knives, bad breath, offensive personalities etc 

Yep, you are quite correct; there was nothing said specific to firearms.

That I read anyway.

Edited by chrisinth

21 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Yep, you are quite correct; there was nothing said specific to firearms.

That I read anyway.

Sure, but whenever you hear the police say, "the suspect is armed", you assume it's with a gun. Otherwise they'd say 'armed with a knife" etc. 

Then again, this is reported in English by people who aren't native-speakers or translated from Thai. 

Obviously the mob are a bunch of c****, but telling them to keep it down via the schools PA system was probably not a very good way to initiate negotiations with a view to resolving the situation.

Were they asked, or were they told.....by "teacher"?

Edited by Enoon
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

I can imagine what would if happened if violent and armed men forced their way into a school in places like Australia or the U.S.  the school would be swarming with heavily armed police and I wonder how many would actually get to walk out.

100% They would be dead or in prison by now.

• Thanks 1

Typical pathetic Thai men-children and their inconceivably dim witted / egotistic response to what seems to be a reasonable request. This place is becoming a bigger embarassment each passing day. Time to leave soon perhaps, I for one couldn't stand for such abhorrent behaviour if it happened in my daughter's school, for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Armed men entering a school... 

This alone is reason for a lengthy Prison sentence... remove these egotistical childish minds from society and place them in a place where they are forced to grow up.

They have done that in China but everyone is screaming about it.

This and the daily news of people threatening people with guns, machetes due to someone beeping a horn or pulling in front of them in a vehicle, murder over nothing or losing face , children killing other children , insane traffic accidents on bus routes etc daily have made my mind up about staying ! Wild West hasn’t got a look in with this place !!

In any normal country the moment a gun at a school was mentioned the place would be locked down and surrounded by armed police. Here it’s a case of do you mind handing yourself in if you can please and we will tell you not to do it again and you can be on your way ! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

Well, yes, things made them angry and it has the side effect of making the two brain cells move apart for a while.

RE 2 brain cells

One in a wheelchair and the other one pushing ...

Edited by ttrd

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

I can imagine what would if happened if violent and armed men forced their way into a school in places like Australia or the U.S.  the school would be swarming with heavily armed police and I wonder how many would actually get to walk out.

None would walk out!  I was an active shooter responder at my job, and once the shooter(s) begin to fire at innocents, or is just threatening with guns, we go in and stop the threat(s) as quickly and safely as possible.  There is no put your hands up...  The approach that is taken, is no one enters a school, place of work, etc., being armed just to scare people, they enter armed to kill.

Edited by JMSIII
add
  • Like 2