Farang can not transfer money from Thai bank account to european bank account, but can my Thai wife transfer money to european bank accunt?

On 2/26/2019 at 4:22 AM, Nielsk said:

As the new law about 1 years extension by monthly transfer of 65 000 B from my bank in Denmark I thought I will do that and  thereafter tranfer back  to my Danish bank about 60 000 B.

Should that not be possible ?

If not, can I with my Thai Kasikorn debet card go to an ATM in Denmark and withdraw money although I know it will be a bad deal for me due to the exchange rate ?

I see no reason why you should not be able to transfer money from your Thai bank account to your bank account in Denmark. The important thing to remember is that with every transfer order, you must give a reason for the payment, which in you case will be "for personal expenses"

All of you should wake up and smell the coffee

All banks in Thailand have to report any large transaction mainly over 50 million to the bank of Thailand. But it will be extremely difficult that get it out

I can guarantee this from my own personal experience

Bottom line do not bring large amounts of money go Thailand

You have been warned !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, pimmy6969 said:

All of you should wake up and smell the coffee

All banks in Thailand have to report any large transaction mainly over 50 million to the bank of Thailand. But it will be extremely difficult that get it out

I can guarantee this from my own personal experience

Bottom line do not bring large amounts of money go Thailand

You have been warned !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

50 Million baht ?

10 hours ago, Puccini said:

I see no reason why you should not be able to transfer money from your Thai bank account to your bank account in Denmark. The important thing to remember is that with every transfer order, you must give a reason for the payment, which in you case will be "for personal expenses"

And this amount will gradually erode due to transfer fees and losses in currency conversion.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:54 PM, Ebumbu said:

You can sign up with Dee Money online. No Bangkok trip needed. I have it. Can send money from Thai bank account anywhere. Reliable. 

Unfortunatrey not yet anywhere. US, UK and Australia, as well as neighboring countries in Asia, yes  but not yet most EU countries.

Hopefully thisu will; expand in future.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:29 AM, BertM said:

I know it's trivial, but why do foreigners here often say they own a house & land or they purchased a house & land, when in reality, they just put up the money for a spouse or girlfriend. Why not just say you purchased a house and/or land for your spouse or girlfriend. I know in some cases foreigners have a 30-year leasehold on the property or have formed a Thai limited company, but legally the foreigners cannot own property. The only exception I believe is if you are a permanent resident. But, everyone I know that claim to own a house or land are on extensions based on retirement. I have friends who tell me they bought a house or some land and when I question them and point out that they don't legally own it they get upset with me. Why can't they just admit the truth and say they bought it for their spouse or girlfriend. Does it make them feel bad that they are giving away their money and if they should divorce they will lose it? Man, I would hate to have to live under that stress. If I ever decide to buy my wife a house & land, it will be a gift and I will be happy to tell anyone I bought it for her with no strings attached.

I would like to clarify the part of your statement regarding farongs, Thai women and housing.  You are correct that if the home was bought after marriage, then the foreigner will have not valid claim to the property.  However, if the home was bought before  marriage, the foreigner can access at least half the funds or value of the home. The Thai supreme court has made that finding in a specific case.  I am in the settlement cycle of the same type of case and will get my money.  I checked with multiple big fee attorneys in BKK and they all told me I would not get any money. Finally, the head of a Thai firm and a native Thai, actually knew to ask the proper question "In what phase of the relationship was the home purchased. I was just disappointed with the foreign owned or managed law firms. They all were money grubbing maggots just like in the USA. Your issue with intention related to the value of the home related to your wife is simply an opinion and not really relevant to the topic of money transfer. 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:14 PM, crazykopite said:

“Deemoney” Bangkok I have just signed up with them as I had a nightmare sending 200,000 baht to my U.K. bank I had to fill in loads of forms and the manger told me to say it was for educational funds . I appears with Deemoney you don’t have this type of problem but as yet I have not used them as yet .

I wonder why you can send to UK but not to France, etc...

On 2/26/2019 at 3:37 PM, lucjoker said:

Yes, your Thai debet card (Visa) will work world wide.

You can set up a max /day

Since your money is in a Thai bank now , it is in strong Bht.( the EU is weak) .So if you take out euro's in Denmark ,you make a nice 10% profit.(lucky those who did not keep their money in EU)

The Spanish ATM takes 2.5 EU on each transaction ( 600 eu each time) so that is peanuts compared with the 60eu(10%) you win each time.

A couple of years ago my Thai Visa debit card would not work in Hong Kong. Not accepted by the hotel or work in ATMs or banks.  I was unable to pay my hotel bill. My credit card was maxed out because I stupidly asked them for a low limit to avoid fraudsters cloning of my card having too much fun.

I had planned to internet bank clear my cc balance but forgot to take my complicated passwords. Durrrrrr !

So I went in a few banks and practically begged them to accept my Thai visa card. I had my passport but they said Hong Kong has no arrangement with Thai banks.

I had to make 3 begging phone calls to my UK credit card company. Finally spoke to a manager who put up my cc limit. He told me you can decrease your limit easy but increasing it never done by phone. But he made an exception due to my good account management .. his words. And my desperate begging no doubt.

My long decades history of paying off my balance monthly saved me from being arrested or something. 

Sorry if this is off topic but there maybe someone out there as daft as me to get in such a pickle.

????????????????????????????.

My young Thai lady companion was not impressed with me getting in a flap.

I am not convinced Thai debit cards work everywhere !!!!!!!!

It might be worth trying a company called transferwise.com  

I have no idea what restrictions might apply with outgoing transfers, but we have saved a lot on transfer fees and exchange rate differences over the last year when sending $$ into Thailand by using this site. There is just a small fee, no cut in the exchange rate.  And it's much easier done than doing through a bank, though the money is still coming out and going into bank accounts.  I cannot recommend it enough.   

Plus, there is a reward for referrals of 75 USD (or equivalent amount).  Here is an example transfer and the amounts and fees: sent $638.20 to Thailand, friend in Thailand received 20,000 baht in their bank account.  Exchange rate: 31.72 Thai baht / 1 USD.  Transfer fees: $7.68.  For a slight larger fee, one can send from a debit cards or a credit card.  it's all quite straightforward and easy.  Try it from this link:  transferwise.com/u/philipl89 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, NanLaew said:

I do recall that I purchased a house in Naklua over 30 years ago from a well-off Pattaya businesswoman and this was accomplished by my transferring £ from my UK account to the UK bank accounts of her two siblings studying at Uni in London. Once her kids confirmed the money was received, we went to the land office here and I got the title. She claimed it was to avoid excessive forex fees way back then but I reckon she didn't become a Thai billionaire by not leveraging all sorts of loopholes, legal and not so legal, when it came to loadsacash.

It is quite common here, in order to avoid paying tax, that part of the money in a real estate deal are being paid in cash, or in this case to a foreign account.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 9:29 AM, BertM said:

I have friends who tell me they bought a house or some land and when I question them and point out that they don't legally own it they get upset with me.

You are misinformed. Anyone can own a house, it's the land ownership that is restricted to Thais. You need a lease or usufruct for the land under your house if you own the house.

Too many know-it-alls spreading misinformation about how the wife can kick you out has cost farangs millions.

Of course it's your house if you have taken the right step and you have the right to manage that land till the day you die.

How man thousands of farang have built and sold for a profit? Weird you can sell something you don't own Duh!!@!

Archived