UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

2 minutes ago, aright said:

It might come as a great shock to you but when stock markets fall globally, funds loose money. In 2017 they had a positive return on investment of 13.7% . Worldwide they own 1.4 % of all equities I don't see them going bankrupt.

I am not saying we are top of the league neither is the respected economist Liam Halligan. What part of "set to boom" suggests we are top shelf.

Boeings new factory is a start. Did you think they were going to employ 1000 immediately? As for loosing airbus jobs...…..part of the conjecture of fear.

This is what Boeing say

"In the UK, we employ people across more than 60 sites, including Scotland, Wales and Ireland, and we’re growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, armed forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 80 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world's most innovative technology partners."

As to why risk Brexit I have said it before Brexit isn't all about Japanese cars....….see my first quote

Boeing wont replace 150000 car jobs 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

Farage's March to Leave is bullshit: there are massive gaps, you have to pay, they cheat by getting bussed from one bit to another. At one point they perform a U turn. It's all utterly futile and the perfect Brexit metaphor

For most of the time he isn't even going to be be there: Farage is only going to -  "join it at several points as it makes its way to the capital" according to the Evening Standard. He's not even going to be marching

Edited by...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, tebee said:

Farage's March to Leave is bullshit: there are massive gaps, you have to pay, they cheat by getting bussed from one bit to another. At one point they perform a U turn. It's all utterly futile and the perfect Brexit metaphor

For most of the time he isn't even going to be be there: Farage is only going to -  "join it at several points as it makes its way to the capital" According to the Evening Standard. -  He's not even going to be marching, just gracing people with his regal presence. 

It's Farage all over: "come on everyone! Follow me! Tell you what... I'll see you at the other end.

I'm only guessing but I would imagine, it is a Jarrow symbolic walk. The distance is almost 300 miles, and that is using the M1. People that organises walks, usually just do that, organise. I think that the Parachute Regt would struggle with 300 miles, never mind Nigel Farage, the only person I know that would find it a doddle would be Alf Tupper, and only if he could stop at Watford Gap for fish and chips.

Remainers need to get real.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You have to realise that the Majority of supporters for this people’s march, will unfortunately not be able to partake,due to their need to earn money.

Unlike Many of those who joined the anti democracy marches in London.

But the remain marches in London were cunning organised at the weekend when most people don't have to work. 

Damn clever these remainers - forward planning and all that. Guess leave brains must be too highly trained....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

For most of the time he isn't even going to be be there: Farage is only going to -  "join it at several points as it makes its way to the capital" According to the Evening Standard. -  He's not even going to be marching, just gracing people with his regal presence. 

It's Farage all over: "come on everyone! Follow me! Tell you what... I'll see you at the other end.

What benefit do they actually want? Increased spending on mental health? I'd love to hear some interviews ????

53 minutes ago, nontabury said:

You have to realise that the Majority of supporters for this people’s march, will unfortunately not be able to partake,due to their need to earn money.

So who are the intelligent ones?

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So who are the intelligent ones?

The ones who want to leave the EU

The eurozone's manufacturing sector has contracted for the first time since June 2013, IHS Markit has confirmed. The currency bloc's manufacturing PMI index slipped to a score 49.3 in February from 50.5 (any score above 50 indicates growth).

German factories led the decline as its manufacturing sector slumped to its lowest PMI reading in more than six years.

pmi.PNG

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

most brexit voters wont be able to get out of spoonies to march,a prime example below

union jack fatty.jpg

13 hours ago, aright said:

Britain's economy is set to boom and become the largest in Europe - because of Brexit 

Despite a global slowdown, Britain's economy  expanded by 1.4 per cent last year, with only 4 per cent unemployment. The Italian economy is going backward and Germany and France are on the verge of recession.

The Norwegian Sovereign Investment Fund ($1 trillion) has announced it will increase its UK holdings.

They confirmed their commitment to the UK, deal or no deal.

Foreign direct investment into the UK last year beat the USA, only China got more. British start up businesses got £8 billion in venture capital, more than France and Germany combined.

Boeing has opened its only manufacturing plant in Europe....in Sheffield.

Of the top 40 Universities in the world Britain has 7...…. as opposed to the EU which does not have one EU based institution that isn't in the UK.

Forbes magazine has just called the UK " the best place in the world to do business" for the second consecutive year.

Waiter! Bring me another Sipsmith and tonic!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/02/28/britains-economy-set-boom-become-largest-europe-brexit/

figures out today showing German unemployment fell last month.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

What benefit do they actually want? Increased spending on mental health? I'd love to hear some interviews ????

benefit?

thought that was made clear, the desire is to ensure Brexit one way or the other on the 29th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aright said:

The ones who want to leave the EU

The eurozone's manufacturing sector has contracted for the first time since June 2013, IHS Markit has confirmed. The currency bloc's manufacturing PMI index slipped to a score 49.3 in February from 50.5 (any score above 50 indicates growth).

German factories led the decline as its manufacturing sector slumped to its lowest PMI reading in more than six years.

pmi.PNG

I sense your joy from here!

Maybe the Germans will start a war to help their manufacturing sector?

What is the latest UK Manufacturing PMI out of interest?

7 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

benefit?

thought that was made clear, the desire is to ensure Brexit one way or the other on the 29th

Wake up Melvin for goodness sake.

Leaving the EU is a political change

What concrete benefits to these people ACTUALLY want? More secure employment? Better services? Bigger pensions? Cheaper food? What? WHAT?

22 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I sense your joy from here!

Maybe the Germans will start a war to help their manufacturing sector?

What is the latest UK Manufacturing PMI out of interest?

Shared joy (mine's a G&T) is a double joy, shared sorrow is half a sorrow....Swedish Proverb. I take no joy in the misfortune of others......with the exception of a few people. 

Germany already started the war when they adopted the Euro.

UK's PMI was 52.

Edited by aright
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What concrete benefits to these people ACTUALLY want? More secure employment? Better services? Bigger pensions? Cheaper food? What? WHAT?

give me a b

I am just quoting what the organizers say

they do this in order to ensure Brexit on the 29th, that is what they say

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grouse said:

jeez man,

listen to what they say, they have made it clear several times what they want

if it is true what they say, haven't the foggiest

they say that it is necessary to give politicians a lesson in the necessity to follow what the people say

hence, the march, to underline the necessity of doing a Brexit on the 29th

Edited by melvinmelvin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

give me a b

Brexit seems to have become an end in itself, rather than any benefits accruing from it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

give me a b

I can imagine what the organisers say, but what do the morons actually want? What tangible benefit do any of them expect from Brexit? Does anybody have any idea?

I hope they all have mittens sewn into their coats so they don't get a chill