UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Traitor: A person who betrays their country.  Soros knowingly battled against the Bank Of England to withdraw 10 billion and exchange it into foreign currencies faster than they could buy it back, profiting him personally to the tune of 1 billion and costing the tax payer 3.4 billion.

Do you also consider yourself a traitor when you file for a tax return, costing the tax payer something for your personal profit?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Hi BritManToo and welcome. You are amongst friends here. Wish I could say it’s an exclusive list, but the old Grouse has sooo many others already.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Relax. It takes character not to peek therefore you'll still wind him up ????

Edited by evadgib

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I'm a remain supporter and I have integrity and so I am not pretending that Soros was all good OK to crash our economy for his personal gain.

Blame Lamont. He built the house of cards with no visible means of support. Soros bet that there was no backup and Lamont was caught with his trousers down. Good.

It occurs that younger posters may not understand this. On Black Wednesday in June the pound crashed out of the ERM (the forerunner of the Euro) and fell from peak of 2.00 USD down to 1.50 USD over the following quarter (25%). It is thought that it cost the exchequer about 30B though some put the loss much less. Soros's  hedge fund made 1B. The root cause was similar to Greece's Euro difficulties. Vanity made us join the ERM at too high a level.

Subsequently, the economy boomed later in the 90s just in time for Tony Blair. That's rather different from now when our hollowed out, asthmatic manufacturing sector is failing to respond to devaluation or ECT or mouth to mouth resuscitation.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

This quote from the Mogg in yesterdays Telegraph amply explains the current situation:

Only a mog would fall for that

Defending "democracy" don't make me laugh! He'll be cracking the whip on children if it made him a tenner!

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

God, you really are blinded by hatred. You'll just have to take it from me that the vast majority of parliamentarians were, and still are, basically in favour of the EU. The referendum was to kill if the trouble making Euro sceptics and Rising UKIP. The leaflet was indeed best advice from the government

In the event, there was a massive protest vote whipped up by demagogues against a false target. Never mind.

No hatred whatsoever. No idea where you have got that from. Please explain.

Best advice from a government you admit to being foolish.

As for taking it from you that, "the vast majority of parliamentarians were, and still are, basically in favour of the EU".... pray tell, why do i need to take it from you? I know it already. It's why Brexit hasn't been delivered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

The only (?) outright lie was Osborne's promised punishment budget in the event of a leave vote - and possibly, 'your vote in the referendum will be respected' - or something along those lines ????.

Your beloved bank governor Carney obviated the need for a punishment budget by slashing interest rates and by QE easing. What would you have preferred? A stronger pound and a "punishment" budget? Come on, make your mind up! You've had a 1000 days to think about it.

The bloody stupid referendum IS being be RUSPECTUD (albeit reluctantly by those with half a brain)

44 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Blame Lamont. He built the house of cards with no visible means of support. Soros bet that there was no backup and Lamont was caught with his trousers down. Good.

It occurs that younger posters may not understand this. On Black Wednesday in June the pound crashed out of the ERM (the forerunner of the Euro) and fell from peak of 2.00 USD down to 1.50 USD over the following quarter (25%). It is thought that it cost the exchequer about 30B though some put the loss much less. Soros's  hedge fund made 1B. The root cause was similar to Greece's Euro difficulties. Vanity made us join the ERM at too high a level.

Subsequently, the economy boomed later in the 90s just in time for Tony Blair. That's rather different from now when our hollowed out, asthmatic manufacturing sector is failing to respond to devaluation or ECT or mouth to mouth resuscitation.

So you are saying that its someones fault for not forseeing the likes of Soros profiteering off our loss rather than Soros for robbing us, does that actually make sense to you?

Greece's Euro difficulties were due to them lying about their interest rate and being caught, nothing at all like being a victim of a short selling scam, but I don't suppose that fits your anti  EU agenda, does it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Traitor: A person who betrays their country.  Soros knowingly battled against the Bank Of England to withdraw 10 billion and exchange it into foreign currencies faster than they could buy it back, profiting him personally to the tune of 1 billion and costing the tax payer 3.4 billion.

You are grateful for him making Lamont look a fool and do not give a damn for the taxpayers who picked up the bill, you don't care that one man got our money, just as long as you get to smirk smuggly at one politician, which only says something about you so lets pay attention to Soros instead.

Soros on a citizen of both Hungary and the USA. Was he British previously?

I don't think you understand how shorting works? Arbitrage? 

40 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Except that he wouldn't. I'm not a fan of Rees-Mogg but it's absurd to suggest his belief in Brexit is driven by what he can personally get out of it. I react to your comment because it reflects a strain in Remainer propaganda including the absurd notion that the Establishment is driving the Brexit movement. It's just not true - the Establishment (the City, the corporate world, most of the media, the London elites, most parliamentarians, the Universities, the Oxbridge connections etc) are solid Remainers.

And I speak as a Remainer

Not at all. The establishment is indeed pro EU

No, I am referring to the evil money grabbing Dickensian slave drivers and most estate agents who will do anything to make money. Like your man, JRM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

You are grateful for him making Lamont look a fool and do not give a damn for the taxpayers who picked up the bill, you don't care that one man got our money, just as long as you get to smirk smuggly at one politician, which only says something about you so lets pay attention to Soros instead.

No, let's talk about Lamont instead. The man who used 50% of our reserves to prop up an overvalued 2.00 USD pound and lost 34B in the process. Soros bet against him and made 1B. So what? If you want to blame someone, blame the German central bank for not buying Stirling. We went in at too high a rate out of vanity and were taught a lesson. As always, Brexiters blame the wrong target! ????

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jayboy said:

There is nothing in your second paragraph which makes an ounce of sense.And you clearly know nothing of JRM’s motives.

OK, the bit about estate agents was a quip.

But ERG are money grubbing bastards who do not care one jot for the average man. JRM has moved his hedge fund to Dublin to avoid Brexit fall out. ERG are using false respect for the referendum as an obviously transparent fig leaf.

I have no idea how much an ounce of sense is!

The bloody stupid referendum IS being be RUSPECTUD (albeit reluctantly by those with half a brain)

Hate to agree with you, but yes the referendum is being RESPECTUD, but only in a totally bastardised form, much as your spelling. May’s BRINO only takes us out of membership and the few beneficial arrangements with the EU.
We can tell the politicians are lying to us when they say “We respect the referendum result...” They never say “we will adhere to the majority wishes”, or they will “deliver a Leave result.” All the time they are plotting the UK’s entrapment, they are looking over at the Leave result and saying “Look, there’s the Leave vote. Put some Respek bruv, but we not doin that.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Instead of just criticizing the video, by saying you don’t like it, as it does not go along with your blinkered views. Instead produce facts to prove that the video was fake or untrue. Then maybe you will receive respect, instead of contempt.

142B5B9E-59F6-46C0-9AD9-2EADF9CBAA2E.jpeg

You are insinuating that the BBC and David Dimbleby manufacture disinformation. I hope you have proof of that? Fact Checker gives the BBC a faultless record. 

If you can not prove your accusation I will call you on it. There is far too much fake news and it is unwelcome on TVF.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Instead of just criticizing the video, by saying you don’t like it, as it does not go along with your blinkered views. Instead produce facts to prove that the video was fake or untrue. Then maybe you will receive respect, instead of contempt.

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

#Panodrama has 626k views now. It was only published on YouTube on Tuesday 25th Feb.
A lot of support out there.

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I "viewed" it but I don't support it. Views don't equate to "likes".

As you are clearly not a native English speaker, I will forgive your complete lack of comprehension and explain to you in the simplest terms possible.

I was merely explaining to Loiner, that he wasn't correct in the assumption that the number of views a YouTube video gets'  equates to the number of people that support the sentiment expressed in that video.

A better guide is the number of "likes" that video received. Saying that I didn't support it was said to illustrate my point, not to criticise the video. Do you understand?

However if you want me to critique the video, I'm happy to oblige.

It was made by Tommy Islam, who the BBC had exposed as a racist little thug with a palpable lack of brain cells. They did this by using FACTS, whereas Mr. Islam's video contained zero facts and was a very poor attempt to slur a very reputable news organisation (probably the most reputable in the World) because they had the temerity to show him for what he is.

Having said that, even that video was better constructed than the video you posted, in the same vein, by the deputy leader of the BNP UKIP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Again, the government, having made the foolish decision to call a referendum, had a duty of care to provide best advice 

The cost of the exercise was less than peanuts.

But a cost to the taxpayer nevertheless. It's no good the Gov giving the vote to the people and then trying to swing it the way they want using their power via costly leaflets and such. In these situations, the PM and government itself should stay neutral. MPs could support various campaigns individually - that's enough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Wait, while Brexit costs the UK billions every week, some people argue over a the costs of a leaflet? I mean, I knew Brexiteers are detached from reality, but I didn’t know it’s this bad. 

Not the costs, the bill.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Such hatred!

Moggy is an unintelligent, upper class twit, who has dedicated his life to looking down his snotty nose at us proles. How could any normal person do anything other than hate the prick.

Edited by Spidey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

OK, the bit about estate agents was a quip.

But ERG are money grubbing bastards who do not care one jot for the average man. JRM has moved his hedge fund to Dublin to avoid Brexit fall out. ERG are using false respect for the referendum as an obviously transparent fig leaf.

I have no idea how much an ounce of sense is!

You attention to detail and accuracy is slipping. Have a noggin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1