Prayut slams the door on prime minister debates

webfact

42 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Laughable but very sad...... A one horse race where the crowd is to be banned so as not to frighten the horse......... Only in La la Land......

La la Land or Wonderland?

Beware the Jabberwocky-not to mention his offsider the frumious Bandersnatch as well as the ever present posse of 'fruit salad' bedecked slithy toves..

Ruritania without the slightest scintilla of charm-that went long ago.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Debate your way out of that!

Don't tempt him. He might want to "debate his way into that".

Hippocrasy aside, he's still a man (I think). Or should that be, "a man with a big gun".

KhunPrayuthChanOcha.jpg.d2ae7842cc6ac77a1835887faab0b628.jpg

Totally agree with his comments.  What is to debate ?  everyone knows the governments policies and how it is doing. Thailand has come along way in the past 4 years since Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha took on the PM role. Many projects were fast tracked including the Northern Thailand Highway expansion, BTS extensions, High speed Thai-China rail project, numerous agricultural programs have been implemented and I personally know of two working programs near my district that are successful. More has been done with economic development in the past 4 yrs than the preceeding 10 years.

I know there are the farangs on TV who disagree and don't even acknowledge the facts as I have proven to be correct many times over in the past. Thailand is going ahead, and will continue to move forward while ever Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha is in charge, which looks set to be along time into the future. If one doesn't agree with current policies or regulations then personally I would look to alternative places to retire, life is to short to endure one's dislike for the place they are presently staying.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I think you may find that many who were anti Thaksin have changed their minds after seeing junta in action for past 4 years 

I don't think there are much issues remaining anti-Thaksin while agreeing that the current regime isn't great either. My impression is that many Thais simply don't care all that much anymore, or rather, that they have low expectations and hopes when it comes to the political leadership front. Diehards excluded, of course.

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Many projects were fast tracked including the Northern Thailand Highway expansion, BTS extensions, High speed Thai-China rail project

And why do you think that is?

And have you seen the invoices?

Has anyone been allowed, or dared to ask to see the bill?

Hopefully, one day, your hero will be prosecuted under the full extent of modern laws as a traitor and a thief.

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thailand has come along way in the past 4 years

You spelled that wrong.

Gone a long way back.

Fixed it for you.

If students are not allowed a 3 finger salute, then your hero deserves the single finger salute.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

And what of democracy itself?  If this is a government that truly believes in bettering its people than at least give them the chance to approve or disapprove of you in a fair election.

You noted some good points.  but Democracy ?  show me a western style democracy that truly believes in bettering it's people.  lol .... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

You noted some good points.  but Democracy ?  show me a western style democracy that truly believes in bettering it's people.  lol .... 

Democracy gives the mass of millenial idiots a say , cancelling out reasonable folk. Fair Dictators are a better choise. finding ones the hard bit.:drunk:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Democracy gives the mass of millenial idiots a say , cancelling out reasonable folk. Fair Dictators are a better choise. finding ones the hard bit.:drunk:

"Fair dictators" what a chortle..

Even better than Lewis Carroll..and the mock turtle..

Ah swear to Gawd that what comes out of thailand is rib ticklin' knee slappin' an' thumb pokin' stuff..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

There aren't many if any but that shouldn't negate the right of the people to choose but let's have a fair election where people can actually congregate and campaign.

I totally get it: for 4 years + , he had his personality show on Fridays, where he basically could spout all kinds of lies and propaganda, completely unopposed!

He probably knows very well, that he would not stand a chance against A-N-Y-O-N-E with a tiny bit of political intellect and a basic knowledge of politics!

Sad little man! 

3 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

There aren't many if any but that shouldn't negate the right of the people to choose but let's have a fair election where people can actually congregate and campaign.

"There aren't many"..well I would suggest there are a fair few whereas in Lance corporal boot lickin' Steve's SE Asian universe there t'aint none at all..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 chances Thailand has  1/ Reduce the army to about 100,000 men from 360.000 they have now thus saving the budget billions 2/ Sack the entire police force and retrain them into a real police force, not like the jokers in brown uniforms  they have now 3/ Get Rid of the general who is PM and restore democracy Any chance of that happening ?:cheesy: Nope but it was fun writing it

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Some little krackers here.........  mmmmmmm...

This is the Thai traditional costume I am familiar with! The traditional dance we see here is often accompanied by the Marc Bolan song "Get it on" "Bang my gong" ( whatever that means ) do the girls have gongs and if so where can they be? Its a mystery only the PM can solve as he is into traditional bits and bobs.

Some people are incapable of engaging in debate, being held accountable for their actions and being questioned by their citizens. All are basic principles of a democratic government and many militaries that I am familiar with.

• Sad 1